Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

the bears and I were woken this morning by the sound of breaking ice outside the boat, I grabbed the camera and this is what I saw
bargeinice007.jpg
bargeinice011.jpg

bargeinice012.jpg

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Wow!  That is pretty neat Estelle!  I assume that boat goes ahead to break up the ice on the canal so that the other barges can pass?

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Todmorden West Yorkshire

No she was on her own with her dog, had taken the boat out over the Christmas holiday as we had a sunny window in the weather and got cought when the ice returned, she is trying to get back to her home birth before it gets too thick.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh, okay I see!  So that's not some specialized ice breaking boat as I had assumed.... just a woman determined to get somewhere important despite the ice on the canal!
Got it!  bear_thumb

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Todmorden West Yorkshire

bear_grin You got it nothing keeps a good woman down not even the weather  :dance:  :dance:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh my goodness!!! WOW!!!

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Hi Estelle

I love the photos. Hope you can keep warm tonight, I've just seen the weather forecast. Some areas predicted for -8 to -10 bear_ermm

I'm on the South Coast near Brighton and we haven't seen any snow yet, it's just very cold. We always seem to miss the snow when all of the rest of the country is grinding to a halt bear_sad

My girls would just love to wake up to a white garden in the morning.

Keep warm

Todmorden West Yorkshire

thanks Kate, I moved north a year ago from near Lymington on the south coast. last year we had a white Christmas. The boat is very snug and although the canal is frozen the water under the hull insulates us and when we put the heating on its very warm. We are high up in the pennines so the beuatifu scenery when it snows makes up for the low temporatures. :dance:  :dance:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original What great pictures, Estelle, and what a game little lady! (and unflappable doggie!)

I'd love some snow myself. Here in the GreatWhite, our snowy Christmas forecast turned to rain. bear_cry

Hubby's happy, since we're saving a bit on the heating bill.

Eileen

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Super pictures Estelle.  Ice sure can make for some nice scenerey..especailly when the sun comes out.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Wow, it looks soo cool where you live. I just have a boring old street infront of my house.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Fantastic photos, Estelle!  It is SO inspiring to look at real time photos from other parts of the world . . . I am very impressed!

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Estelle great photo's I am very impressed with your home ..... is there alot of room on the barge??

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Wow Estelle beautiful lovely scenery and interesting photos.....thank you so much for posting them!

Plucky gal  both you and the little lady with her dog!

:hug:

you always have such beautiful photos!

dilu

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Lovely pics of the gal and her doggie...they both look like they're old hands at this sorta thing  bear_thumb

Ooooh, you're up in the Pennines??  I've a friend that lives up near Appleby, and its beautiful up there.  Keep a sharp eye out, and you're bound to spot the gorgeous Fell ponies running round.   bear_happy

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

thanks for sharing the photo Estelle - what a wonderful picture of the icebreaker.
I hope that you stay warm as it looks really really cold!

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Great photos Estelle, thanks for sharing. I love seeing pics from around the world! bear_wub

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Wow thanks for sharing the pics with us Estelle  :dance:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Thanks for sharing the pics!  It looks cold.  Right now in Florida it's about 8 pm and it's in the 70s outside (Fahrenheit); I'm in shorts.   bear_original

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Thanks for sharing the photo Estelle ! It's beautiful !  bear_wub

Board footer