Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

CIMG0459.JPGHi Everyone

So this is Alfie. I found him locked in an old suitcase, I stitched up his old wounds where he'd been loved to thread bare and popped him on here to show you.

NOT REALLY. This Alfie who, believe it or not, I just finished making, brand new, today.

In all honesty, had a bit of problem with the back seam and when I'd finished it I found a bit of a bald patch eek! But this turned into one of those serrendipitous moment where, to save him, I stitched some vintage stitches, carried this theme though, with some pencil detail to his paws and some air brush details to his face and ears and actually... I'm over the moon with the results.

He's made from an old pattern of mine and this does show (a little more than I would have hoped) but he was ordered from a friend who wanted a bear just like Henry (the old pattern) so results there I suppose? The fabric is a lovely yellow and have to say was wonderful to work with (if only I could remember where I bought it from). He's filled with steel shot in his tummy and firmly stuffed throughout. His nose is hand stitched (first time round - Yay!) and he has eye white and claw detail.

The only thing I would really change is to make his feet a little bigger but overall I'm thrilled. I altered the body from my last and much prefer this shape (smaller tum and bit of a bum), and I'm improving everytime, which is all I can really ask.

(for those of you who remember, Aflie is the finished bear where I cut on the bias, so he turned out pretty well all things considered  bear_original )

Anyway, hope he steals your heart.

Richard
x

attachment.php?attachmentid=1182&d=1272831917
attachment.php?attachmentid=1183&d=1272831944
attachment.php?attachmentid=1184&d=1272831980
attachment.php?attachmentid=1185&d=1272831990
attachment.php?attachmentid=1186&d=1272832005

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Alfie is utterly lovable, and I see that he's ready to travel! Lucky friend of yours.

Becky

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

He is a little cutie.  Love that expression on his face.

honusms Fort Worth, Texas

Richard -

All that worrying for nothing!  He's adorable!  I love his back stitches and his overall shape.  And his expression is so sweet.  Keep it up!

Sue

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, very sweet, and gotta love serendipitous moments.

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Oh, he's sweet, Richard!

Sarah Sarian Miniature Bears
South Wales

A very appealing little bear and his expression is adorable - like he's apealing for something..   bear_thumb  bear_wub .

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

He is adorable!  Great job on making him a "well loved" teddy bear!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Good Juju Bears and Dolls Good Juju Bears and Dolls
From Spain and live in Germany

He is so sweet!  A bear with a olt of "bearsonality"! bear_wub

Board footer