Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

JanetB Posts: 112

I'm totally obsessed with bear making bear_shocked  I think I need some kind of intervention.  Is there a simple cure?  thanks

Fallenrose near Cologne

unfortunately,  I have to tell you that there is no known cure for the bear-making virus. The only thing that can appease the symptoms is to dive into a pile of lovely fabric you could use for bear making  bear_grin

shiniker Little Leaf Bears by Shanna
Loveland

I vote become a graduate student.  That certainly did on number on my bear making obsession!

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Or adopt children. That took me out for a few years. :crackup:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Or get really interested in genealogy.  Oh, the things you can discover about your ancestors!  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

Ride a quad bike and fall off - I did and it has put me out of bear making for a while.  Hopefully only a short while but don't most addicts have relapses?

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

There is no cure....it also gets worse...I am 8 years in!  :crackup:  :crackup: I wouldn't have it any other way though!

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Jenny is right, there is no cure.  I'm 12 years in and I'm virtually a newcomer compared to some of the artist's out there!   It's a fun addiction, though! bear_laugh
Hugs,
Janice

Karon Posts: 751

I agree with Sue Ann, if you think bear making is an obession, try geneology!!!!

I literally had to "wean myself off" it - well NO thats not true - I had to go "cold turkey"!!  All I could think about was getting down the library and going on "Ancestry".  Even now once I get on a "trail" thats it and the hours just whizz by!

I don't have any one of historical interest in my family history, but I have three or four of them that I have got very attached to - particularly my GG Aunt Alice - but I won't bore you with details!

Karon

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

I have found nothing stops the addiction.  I have been making bears 30 years and I can't stop.  I am always finding a new fur I want to work with or an idea pops into my head for a new design and off I go.  Then there are the soft dolls I make, and they are another addiction.  I probably have enough fur and fabric to last a life time but I am always finding something else I just have to have. bear_grin

Board footer