Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

JO BEARS jo bears
KENT

LOVEY-BOX-002.jpgFACE-ENHANCED.jpgLovey -porcelain faced mohair bear with set in dolls eyes -he is 11" tall -see website for details

http://jobears.bearpile.com

My website is on Bearpile .com where you can see all my bears in the featured artists section under JOBEARS

Most of my bears have hand sculpted porcelain faces -I sculp a face using a modelling compound - a plaster mold is then made and porcelain is poured into the mold to form a cast. The cast is then cleaned and resculpted and fired to a temperature of 1200 degrees .Several more lower temperature firings are done to obtain the colours and delicate details to match the gorgeous German mohairs used to create the bodies.
I also makes the tradition bear using just mohair.
All my bears come from a smoke free home and come with a signed detail swing tag and either an embroidered Jo Bears on the foot or a label stitched into the back seam.
These bears are for collectors and not suitable for children.
All are completely original designs and pattern made by me .
I have been featured in several magazines including Teddy Bear International -Teddy Bear Times and Teddy Bear Scene.
I also have had the honour of designing two bears for Deans artist showcase.http://jobears.bearpile.com

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, what a lovely looking panda(?)

bearsofbath Bears Of Bath
Bath, UK
Website

Lovey is lovely Jo :clap:  :clap:

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Hi Jo, so happy to see you here.  Lovey is just gorgeous as are all of your bears.  I love them.
Joanne

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

A very striking face!

Becky

JO BEARS jo bears
KENT

Thanks everyone for your comments -I am new to this site and love it -it is so friendly. xx

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

What a face!!! Gorgeous! :clap:

TreacleBears Treacle Bears

very talented, I dont know how you do it!

Board footer