Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Julia, I see you enjoy colour too!  As you say, I do have ALL colours - I don't like to be limited!  bear_original

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

What a wonderful site to pop into. EYE CANDY galore!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what brilliantly coloured bears you have all made.

Paula you make it so hard to choose. I now have no idea which 'ALLBEAR' I want.

Judi.... just cant leave without saying... that rabbit of yours has the most spectacular face. luv it luv it luv it.

Stephanie Sassy Bears & Fabrics
Aurora, Colorado

WONDERFUL, EXCELLENT BEARS!!
I don't care for dressed bears and prefer the color, texture and design in the actual fur instead. These are all perfect examples of the style I love!!
Yes, definately 'eye candy'!  bear_wub

Kent
Website

I'm with you Stephanie, I like to see design, colour and texture created from fur - that's definitely what floats my boat!!  bear_happy

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Wow! What a whole lot of marvelous bears!  bear_wub  bear_wub You are all so talented.
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

I'm very inspired. I've got to get off this computer and go make something.

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Stephanie, Paula I'm with you too!!]

I admire those gorgeous dresses, costumes fancy clothes....BUT I love fur fur fur fur!!! bear_wub  bear_tongue

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Wow they are spectacular... I have lots of scraps but they are all different textures, lengths and types so I don't know whether I can put anything together with those.

Kent
Website

I bet you can Bronwen ... the only limitation is imagination!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

tiramisu3.jpgForWebSWEETIE-full-side-can.jpgI've not ventured too far into making bears from scraps.  The one I did make was one of my favorite bears ever, SWEETIE.  She's made from two close colors of mohair of the same type; only difference being color.  Her pic is above, in the rosy neck ruff.

Personally, I have always thought Michelle Lamb -- who, yes, can do no wrong where I'm concerned -- to be a real master (like many of you here!) at making scrap bears.  They have a gentleness and a blended, not-harshly-outlined, look to them that's charming.  I'm posting one of her photos too, of a bear from a year or so ago named TIRAMISU.   Pretty, no?

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

We will see paula after I have finished the dog I am trying out then I will look at what i have.  bear_noexpression
I am just not sure whether I have enough of anything to try and make a base for it to build off of.  i will have to lay it all out and have a look.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Those are two great examples Shelli!
I really like how in your bear, and michelle's bear, the colors blend soo well. I'll have to keep that in mind for future.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Both bears are simply gorgeous, Shelli - thanks for sharing!

Kent
Website

Two gorgeous bears Shelli - I have to be honest though, I like your's the best!  It has such a beautiful expression and the detailing is lovely.

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Paula your Bears are wonderful .......

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Shelli what beautiful bears I love them both ......... sweetie is a good name for her

lbbears Wind Lake. Wisconsin

It is truly exciting to see eveyone's beautiful bears.  They are all so beautiful :clap:
Laurie

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

one day my bears will look as good   :clap:

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Stunning bears bear_original  bear_original  bear_original
Lynette

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttteeeeee!

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awww Gina,

Your bear is adorable - I'm in love............... bear_wub  it so reminds me of my brother's puppy.....I'll have to post an up to date picture when I get to see her!!!   

Great job!!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Very cute, Gina!

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I have found inspiration from all the pictures!

Kent
Website

How lovely to see your inspiration in the fur Gina!  Very sweet bear! 

It's great to hear that this thread has inspired some of you!!  bear_original

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Picasso.jpgChipper.jpgWiley.jpgDomino.jpgPatches-4.jpgDaisy-10-mink.jpgWow! There are so many great bears, this thread has been a real treat to read. I like to use patterned fabrics to get different looks as well as well as different fabrics.
Patches, in pinks and purples was made from 6 different mohair sweaters that I cut up and sewed back together patchwork style.
The two-toned mink bunny is Daisy. For Wiley I used brown mohair and a checkered sweater, Domino is a combination of a short black & long white faux fur and the little guys, Chipper and Picasso are patterened vintage long pile.

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Terrie,

Those bears and bunny are gorgeous!!!!  I love  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub Domino he is soooooooooo cute!

Thanks for sharing.

Jane

Board footer