Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

2010-05-13-001-002.JPGTonight I had the pleasure of having dinner with three wonderful bear makers.  They are also regular visitors to TT.  We talked bears for hours.  It was so much fun!

In the photo from left Alison McKee (eteddys)  Janice Woodard (BoohBears)  Me, and Bobbie Ripperger (Beyond Basic Bears)  We each brought  a bear, oophs, or kitty to dinner.  Alison, Janice, and I live here.  Bobbie is visiting, it was a pleasure to meet her. 

Anyone else coming this way, please let us know.  I would love to do this again!

Joanne

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

How wonderful! What great company!  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Oh man, now everyone knows I"m not as young or thin as my avatar pic!   bear_happy It was great visiting and we'll have to do it more often.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Wish there were bearmakers near me...that looks such fun!!! Alison you look great! You all do!!!

I went into work a few weeks ago and one of the girls said to me 'went on your website last night' ....'oh yeh? did you like it?' says me...
'that picture of you..when did you take that?'  Hmmmph!!!
Nuff said!!!! :crackup:  :crackup:

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

I agree, you all look great!  And what fun! 
If I ever get down to Phoenix to visit my sister, I'll surely let you know Joanne.  I'd love to meet you!
Jenny, you're too funny.  I hide my face with a really big hat!   bear_happy

Bloomsburg, PA
danceswithteddybears wrote:

I agree, you all look great!  And what fun! 
If I ever get down to Phoenix to visit my sister, I'll surely let you know Joanne.  I'd love to meet you!
Jenny, you're too funny.  I hide my face with a really big hat!   ;)

Please do Laura, it would be fun!

There are a few more of us out here.  Arizona seems to be a hot bed of bear people it seems.  Someday maybe we will all get together.

ps:  I hate pictures too!  I rarely let mine be taken.

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

WOW!  What fun!  Sounds like an absolutely PERFECT evening! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

What a lovely way to spend an evening!

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

It sure looks like you all had a lot of fun, Alison.

I wish I had been a fly on the wall, listening in on everything you were talking about  bear_grin !

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & Harry ("say HI to Alison from me")

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

It was a lot of fun Joanne, Alison and Bobbie - I think we should make a habit of it - "Desserts of the desert"    bear_grin
Jenny, your post made me laugh -at least you post your photo! 
xoxo

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

What fun!!!  Now I just have to get down to Phoenix.  I would love to have an evening with all the bear people.  Maybe someday I can make it.  If anyone is going to go to Las Vegas or Laughlin this summer, give me a call and I will be there.  I am only 15 miles from Laughlin and about 2 hours out of Vegas.

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Oh, how fun!  bear_thumb I hope to get together with some bear makers here in a couple of weeks--I can't wait! :dance: Please let me know if any of you will be in Colorado (Colorado Springs/Denver area); it would be fun to get together. If I'm ever down Phoenix way, I'll have to let you all know. You all look fantastic! :hug: My profile picture is two years old...I think I still look like that...I think... bear_laugh

Hugs from Colorado,
Debora

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

What fun, looks like a great teddy bears' 'picnic'.  Given that I have loads of friends that are photographers, I can't believe I don't have a photo of myself and a bear to go on my site, but we mostly prank each other when it comes to photos, so I guess everyone's ignorance on my appearance is bliss  bear_grin

Fallenrose near Cologne

sounds like a great fun.
I wish that more bear makers lived in my area to meet with them  bear_sad

Ariane

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest
desertmountainbear wrote:

Please do Laura, it would be fun!  There are a few more of us out here.  Arizona seems to be a hot bed of bear people it seems.  Someday maybe we will all get together.

Hot bed, indeed! :crackup:
And getting hotter every day..  I just hated the summers when I lived there.  bear_tongue

Bloomsburg, PA
danceswithteddybears wrote:
desertmountainbear wrote:

Please do Laura, it would be fun!  There are a few more of us out here.  Arizona seems to be a hot bed of bear people it seems.  Someday maybe we will all get together.

Hot bed, indeed! :crackup:
And getting hotter every day..  I just hated the summers when I lived there.  :P

Too funny, I wasn't even thinking about that.  Yes you are right, I will soon be living in an oven.

Joanne

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Peter, all we could talk about was this male collector from Belgium.  You would have got an ear full!   bear_happy

Ladies, Eva lives near Laughlin.  Road trip anyone???  Laughlin is much more fun than Phoenix.  There's more to do there than gamble. 

~ Alison

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Alison, my MINI Cooper Club takes a road trip to Las Vegas each year ... hmmm, maybe we can all pile in the MINI and go visit Eva!   bear_grin

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Yea!!!! Visitors........would love it.   We can even go to Oatman and see all the burrows in the streets and check out the shops.  That is close to us too.  They even have a gold mine where you can pan for gold.  I think it is still open.

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

You all look great and having fun!!! Wish I was there to meet everyone. Maybe some day. Its fun to meet other bear artist.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Seems like a great time was had by all -  y'all are a good-looking group.  I've been to several shows in the Phoenix area and have always stayed with my sister, who lives in Tempe.  Maybe next time I'm out there . . . . . . . . . .

Masonbears Mason Bears
south east England

What a lovely picture. My husband Eric and I
will be seeing Bobbie all being well soon at Clarion.

Bloomsburg, PA
SueAnn wrote:

Seems like a great time was had by all -  y'all are a good-looking group.  I've been to several shows in the Phoenix area and have always stayed with my sister, who lives in Tempe.  Maybe next time I'm out there . . . . . . . . . .

Please do let one of us know when you are coming again SueAnn.  I would love to get together.

Joanne

Board footer