Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I subscribe to Teddy Bear Review and Teddy Bear and Friends.  The only other magazine I've read is Teddy Bear Scene.  I want to subscribe to some other magazines besides the 2 I get.  I know of Teddy Bear Scene, Teddy Bear Club International and Teddy Bear Times.  Are there others that come to the US?  Which ones do you subscribe to?  Which ones do you like?  What makes each different?  Good and bad points about each?  Thanks for any info.   bear_original

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Chrissie,

I subscribe to Bear Creations, an Australian magazine which I find very good.
There are always plenty of must do projects, basic bear making techniques  and a few pages about
Antique bears and plenty to keep you up to date with what's new in the Bear world.

Hugs
Carolyn

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I subcribe to TBR and TBF.  I just bought a subscription to TBCI...I hope it comes soon. bear_flower

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I love getting TB&F and over the years, have had subscriptions to just about everything!  Now I'm more selective and of the UK mags, I prefer Teddy Bear Scene www.teddybearscene.co.uk

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

I love em all!!!!!  I get TB&F and Teddy Bear Review, and purchase TBCI at Barnes & Nobels, they JUST started carrying it again.. probably due to my whining!  I really should subscribe though, it's so much cheaper than paying $11.00 an issue!  I used to buy Teddy Bear Scene as well, and loved it as well!  I don't think you can go wrong with either TBS or TCBI should you wish to subscribe to a UK magazine... and the best part, of course... is that they are both MONTHLY... 12 issues as compared to the 6 you get with the American mags.

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I subscribe to the American magazines over the UK ones. I find the UK ones much of a muchness and extremely repetitive...of the ones I do buy though I like TBCI best...and I used to advertise in Teddy Bear Times...till they started getting pushy with the advertising. I found that all 3 UK ones just seem to run the same stories and articles, so unless you want to read the same article three times there is little point in buying all of them. I found that Teddy Bear Club International and teddy Bear Times seem more supportive of new artists....hence why I use them for my advertising over TBS.

On the whole though I do like Teddy Bear Review and Teddy Bear and Friends...they are both a good read.

I'd like to get the Australian ones too...just to see.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I love teddy bear and friends and teddy bear review the best.  In australia we have Bear Creations and they have recently updated with a new editor.  Lots of really nice new features so it isn't so much of just a pattern book only...I suppose it is a little more americanised, which is great...it needed a change and more photos of other bear  artists to inspire bear_original I don't know if you can get that internationally.  My first little picture of my fairy bear was in in this month bear_original very proud hehe  bear_grin
hugs sarah

Hudson, Ohio

Question... What about Teddy Bear Times.... isn't that another British mag?  Anyone read that one?

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

I subscribed to Teddy Bear and Friends in Sep and stilll haven't seen an issue.  I have e-mailed twice but haven't received a reply. 

Does anyone have a number that I can contact.  bear_angry

Jane

Hudson, Ohio

Dear Jane... the toll free # for Customer Service at TB&F is :

Tel: 800-437-5828

We put a 1 in front of that here in states... not sure how you guys do toll free calls....

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Hudson, Ohio

You know Jane, Here's the link for their customer service dept.  There is also a toll number listed at top... I just don't know whether you gyuys do 1-800 numbers in Canada.

https://commerce37.pair.com/madavor/tbf … ervice.php

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Hi Jane,
I know they went through a change over in staff and things got pretty crazy there for awhile.  I had trouble getting mine renewed.  I sent emails to Mindy the editor:  TBFeditor@comcast.net   She forwarded my emails on to the correct department.  They have a customer service department:  800-437-5828.  The regular phone is:  617-536-0100.  You could also go onto their website and go to the forum and see if Mindy could handle it there for you.  Good luck!
Donna

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Thanks for the help.  I will definately try the numbers and the links.

Thanks again!!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Jane

Board footer