Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

TTkfbear.jpeg

I was distracted yesterday by my sister's old teddy sitting in my studio.  On a whim, I designed a pattern based off of her teddy.  I wanted to make them child safe but HATE safety eyes.  I just can't get them to look cute.  So, I used my glass eyes and will dub these as "kid friendly."  I'd really like to see a  2 year old try to get these eyes out!  This little guy is 10 inches and made from 2 colors of alpaca.  Anyhow, it was a good distraction from my typical, tedious work.  I'll probably have a few of these at the Teddy Bear Reunion in the Heartland. 

Hugs,
Alison

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

So cute!!  I think you'll be sold out of them at the Teddy Bear Reunion!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

amber Honey Valley Bears
Toronto

Hi Alison

He's sweet.  What I do when I'm making a bear for a child I use glass eyes as well.  But what I do is use a fabric glue on the back of the eye just before setting them in the head.  It dries clear and won't eat away at the fabric.  So it is double safe.  I'd like to see a child get my regular set eyes out but with the glue I'm extra sure.  You may want to consider this, the glues aren't expensive and it is an added piece of mind.

Amber

kallie214 Friends "Fur" Life Bears
Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

This is a great bear Alison! I cant believe you just "whipped him up" in a day...you go girl!!

Bear Hugs,

Kim

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Good grief, I wish I was as efficient as whipping up a bear!  He looks like a real old fashioned kids bear

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Amber,
Thanks for the advice on the glue.  I have some Beacons 3-in-1 here that I call gorilla snot.  It's a great glue and I'll have to use it on the others.

I have to say that the design of this bear is pretty slick so you can sew quickly.  You sew up the tummy and the center seam of the muzzle at the same time.  Never would have thought of that without examining my sisters bear. 

Hugs,
Alison

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Those bears should go over well at the show.  A lot of people are going to say, I had a bear like that when I was growing up.  I know I did.

NatalyTools NatalyTools
Kurgan, Russia
Website

Little sweetty  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  with your style!

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

A very sweet, huggable looking bear.  I could see him as a bedtime favorite.

Joanne

Board footer