Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Berwickbears Berwick Bears
Maine

bearpile-010---Copy.JPGbearpile-005---Copy.JPGbearpile-002---Copy.JPGbearpile-004---Copy-2.JPGWelcome!!
Rakkasan is a bear with a purpose.  He is named in honor of a soldier I adopted through adoptaussoldier.org.  My soldier is a member of an elite and historic  unit called the Rakkasans.  They were originally named by the Japanese during WWII and have played an integral role in the defense of our country through to this day.  Sadly they are currently heavily engaged in Afghanistan.  The Rakkasan motto is "Let Valor Not Fail". I felt that was so appropriate for the difficult times America is in that I just had to name this adorable bear in their honor.
All of the money from his adoption will be used to send care packages to my adopted Rakkasan in Afghanistan.  If any one is interested in supporting a soldier adoptaussoldier.org and anysoldier.com are great sites.  Letters and care packages from a stranger really means a lot to these guys who stand between us and those who would do us harm.  They will not let valor fail and neither will America!  Thanks so much for taking a look at Rakkasan.  His details are below.
He is a one of a kind Berwick Bears original designed and hand sewn completely by me, Mindy Ricker, from a fantastic rich brown German Schulte woven back synthetic fur, I believe it is new old stock. The pile on this gorgeous fur is 1/2",very dense with both undercoat and guard hairs. It is soft, thick and wonderful to the touch. He has a lot of wonderfull needlefelted details and delicate shading. He was an absolute joy to create and he is wonderful to hold. I am sure he will bring joy to you as he has to me if you have room in your home and your heart for him.

Rakkasan is fully jointed, his paws and muzzle are needlefelted wool, sealed for durability . He has German glass eyes with corded lids. Double sewn waxed upholstery thread seams, stainless steel lock nut jointing and poly-fil stuffing with zinc pellets added for a nice cozy heft complete this heirlom quality, one of a kind artist bear. With love and a bit of gentle care he will last many generations just as those great old bears who came before him have. Ollie comes with a signed and dated photo ID tag (#10004), and is discreetly numbered and initialed (MKR) on the back of his left leg for authentication.

As always, Berwick Bears are from a non smoking home. They are intended for the adult collector as they do not meet child safety standards due to small parts and delicate details though they do enjoy a supervised hug!

Ollie is truly unique and delightful. I will pay his travel expenses to US destinatons, insurance and tracking included. Contact me for international shipping costs.

Thanks so much for looking and please feel free to email any questions. Contact me for payment plan options.
Best wishes to you from Berwick Bears

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

What a wonderful bear and cause! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

A beautiful bear and a beautiful sentiment.
Hugs & Blessings,
Janice

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

An adorable bear, love him  bear_wub

Pauline

Buttercup Bears Buttercup Bears

an adorable bear and a worthy cause Hugs Lynne xxx  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer