Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

puca bears puca bears

Jane - you're a star! Thanks so much for all the brilliant photos.............such wonderful bears! congrats everyone involved - it must have been a tremendous show!
huggies
Maria

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website

Lovely to see you again Jane and to catch up with so many people, although I still came away with the feeling that there were people there that I wanted to talk to but never got the chance to.
There was a huge queue waiting to get in at the start of the show. I went out to photograph them and thought 'that's brilliant, everyone is giving me really big smiles' then I realised that I was standing under a hanging basket that had just been watered - I had thought the rain had started!

There will be a full report of the show and the competition in the next issue of Teddy Bear Times.

From an Artist point of view, I would say this show just gets better and better, and the presence of a big queue shows that seriousl collectors are coming to the show. I was very very pleased with the number of my bears that went to new homes, and my biggest hairiest bear found a new home within about ten minutes of opening!

Again, apologies to anyone that I didn't get to talk to on the day.

A huge congratulations to Samantha and her family who show such flair and imagination to make this a very unique event in the UK show calendar.

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Oh thank you for the photos. This really was a great event and I went round twice/three times!
Some amazing bears, and some amazing artists. The raffle and competition were a great treat too and I met some great friends, old and new.
Thanks so much to Samantha and her family and Dawn can't wait to see the write up in TBT; you're big fella was lovely, glad I got to give him a hug. And thanks again to Paula for Gustav - for those who read Paula's blog I'm the guy who queued from 10-10.30 and raced through the door to grab him! Best thing I've ever bought, ever!

Kim, how did Cat in the Hat do in the Awards? Saw the fish after speaking you and LOVED it. One Lucky collector there.

Some really great work and there's a million more artists on my list of 'to buy'.
From a beginner artists perspective it was also very inspirational and coming away I think I'm going to give the BBAA under 18 months award a go... why not eh?

So thanks to everyone. Can't wait to be back next year.

Richard
x

shiniker Little Leaf Bears by Shanna
Loveland

Thank you thank you for the photos!  It  made me wish desperately that I was there.  I'm over the moon about Jenny Johnson's bears....someday...(perhaps when I'm finally out of grad school?).  So many talented artists!

Shanna

The Rabbit Maker The Rabbit Maker
England
Website

Great pics Jane..... i didn't get chance to see all the stands  so thanks  bear_wub  bear_wub

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

You are treasure, Jane, for taking all these great photos and for letting the lucky ones who were there relive the day.  Those who couldn't be there can enjoy all the wonderful bears and creatures that were there to see and hug.  If you ever get the chance to visit the show, you mustn't miss the opportunity.   bear_thumb
So a very big THANK YOU Jane; it was lovely seeing you and your daughter Sarah again.

The photos I took were completely messed up; this always happens when I am attending a show, because I get so excited about the bears that I completely forget how to take proper photos (and guys just can't do two things at the same time  bear_laugh ).
There are just two I also wanted to share with you :

Samantha presenting one of the many prizes that "A Bear by Kim" won (many congrats Kim  :clap: )

Stratford_June_2010_TT01.jpg

Gregory Gyllenship with "Neville", who went home with me (Neville that is, not Gregory  :crackup: )

Stratford_June_2010_TT.jpg

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Thanks for sharing your photos, Peter! I'm sure with all the lovely bears all around that it's hard to take photos--I know I would have the same problem! bear_laugh

Congratulations, Kim, on your prizes! :dance:

And I just love Neville, Peter! bear_wub Such a lovely, classic bear. I hope he's settling nicely into your hug of bears. bear_smile

I'm so glad you all have shared photos of this show; it looks fabulous. It's on my someday wish list!

~Debora

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

You've done us all a huge favor again, Jane, by generously sharing your photos of this spectacular show!!  Such talented artists with fantastic work!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Board footer