Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Karon Posts: 751

I had the good luck to win Dae Dae Dumpsey by Bears by Kim in the raffle. :dance:  :dance:

I feel a tad embarressed in retrospect  :redface: as my reaction was screaming out "It's ME, its ME!!!" and rushing onto the stage declaring "oh that's the bear I WANTED.   I WANTED that bear!".

Afterwards I got Kim to sign her for me, I have NEVER received such a lovely prize - I am still over the moon - thankyou SO much Kim for you generosity in donating such a lovely bear - I am truely thrilled to have her.

Oh and she had her own train seat for part of the journey home - I couldn't stop looking at her!

Karon

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Ahhhhhhh - don't be embarrassed Karon  bear_original  I know I was really touched by such a genuine emotional reaction ; a bear artist's dream come true eh?
bear_thumb  bear_flower  You are a lucky lady:Kim's bear was gorgeous  :dance:

Ruth

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

DSCN4925-.JPGOh I know exactly how you felt.  Kims bears are gorgeous.  I am lucky enough to own three now.  Kim was the artist that got me started.  Her bears are what inspire me, she is so talented.  Kim doesn,t know this but I fell in love with one of her bears ages ago but couldn't afford it  bear_cry  however this bear came up on ebay last year and I snapped him up, wasn't going to miss him twice.  God how I love that little bear  bear_wub  Here is Sandy my first Kim Bear and Horlicks the little bear that I had to wait for  bear_grin

shiniker Little Leaf Bears by Shanna
Loveland

Cute cute, if one of my bears was a prize, I would be rather pleased that the winner was shouting with joy!!  Lucky you.

Shanna

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Congratulations!  What a wonderful thing to have happen.  I am sure with all of the huge bears fans there at the show no one even thought twice of your exuberance.  They probably would have been doing the same.

Joanne

amber Honey Valley Bears
Toronto

Hi Karon

Can you post pictures and share with us?

Amber

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub you lucky girl, now where is the picture with that new camera.  Glad you were excited about it, I would have done the same.
Hugs Pat

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Hee hee, I think I'd have been thrilled if it was my bear that was won like that, congrats!

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

awww, karen, im so happy you won dae dae, your enthusiasm is contageous, im as happy as you that hes going to a home where he is truely loved x
ill keep my fingers crossed for you next year too  :hug:
and yey!!! didnt know you had horlics ali x

Masonbears Mason Bears
south east England

Congratulations Karen

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
Karon wrote:

I feel a tad embarressed in retrospect  :redface: as my reaction was screaming out "It's ME, its ME!!!" and rushing onto the stage declaring "oh that's the bear I WANTED.   I WANTED that bear!".

Karon,

I was standing right next to Dawn James when they announced the winners and when you got all excited, Dawn said to me "Do you know who that is?  That's Karon from TT."  I wanted to introduce myself, but you were so excited with the teddy, I guessed I probably wouldn't get your attention.  :crackup:

Next time we should definitely be wearing TT badges !  bear_whistle

Glad you liked the show as much as I did and congrats on winning Kim's bear!  :dance:

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Karon Posts: 751

It was a fabulous show - really loved it.  Samantha did a wonderful job organising it.

Peter,  thats not such a bad idea, wearing TT badges.

Perhaps next year I might even apply to sell my bears - it had such a lovely atmosphere - I'll have to get cracking though - I am a notoriously SLOW bear maker.

Yes, I was, and am - so thrilled to have won Dae Dae Dumpsey.

Kim I stuff my bears HARD but what on earth do you do to stuff the heads as hard as that - it feels like a wood moulding, unbelieveable bear_grin

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

hahaha, its just stuffing honest!!!

Board footer