Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

Hi all,

Just thought I'd say Hi!  bear_grin

I know  haven't been around much, but life has been mental this year! I lost my much loved Furbaby Chinchilla, Stitch aged only 2 1/2 of a genetic dental condition and had to spend a lot of money trying to help him out (it was manageable, but not curable) He lost his fight with the condition after being affected for some 8 months.

Then I bought my first House - which was a bit of a stressful battle in itself, and i've been without spare time - or the Internet ever since!! I had it installed on Sunday and now feel much better whilst connected to the rest of the world again!!

So not much bear making has gone on! I finished my swop bear and then took a break from it all and have been doing some cross Stitch instead.

I have, however found the time to adopt 2 new Chinchillas from a friend who needed to rehome them. They are just over a year old now and are two 'Ebony' Chinchillas (a black or grey colour, with no white tummies unlike most Chins). We called them Bill and Ted  bear_grin Ted is the darker of the two and they are both becoming nosey little souls but are very easy to handle.

In addition to that, we still have Lucky,  who is nearly 3, I've owned him since he was 18 months old. He's a Black Velvet, which is my favourite colour - Black and grey with a bright white tummy.  bear_grin

Here's Bill and Ted -

P4250294.jpg

Ted is the really black one at the top, Bill is the one on the floor at the bottom.

Here's Lucky -

P2110249.jpg

Anyway, looking forward to being around more!  :hug:  Bear Hugs to all,

Julia xxx

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Welcome back!  Your two new furry friends are adorable - they look so curious!
Hugs,
Janice

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thanks for saying Hello! It's great to see you back, and to meet your beautiful chinchillas.

Becky

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Hi!

Welcome back!
It is nice to read you again. What is your new home like? Can you share photos with us?

Your new chinchillas are beautiful.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Boogaloo Bears Boogaloo Bears
united kingdom

Welcome back and lovely to see your new pets  bear_grin

Best of luck in your new home, I know exactly how you feel regarding being distracted from bear making - I recently bought a camper van and then became obsessed with tinkering around with it, going away for weekends etc and for a couple of months had no time for my bears.

I am pleased to say that I am now back in the bear making zone again so once things settle down I am sure you will be showing us your beautiful creations again on TT

Hugs

Lisa x

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub Oh, Julia, I was wondering where you went.  Glad to see you back and I love the new adoptee's.  They are the sweetest creatures.  I want to wish you luck in your new home.  Thats always a nice thing, moving into a different place and fixing it all up and then enjoying it.  Hope you love it. I know what you mean about being online, I have no computer at home so when I am off work, I kind of freak out without it.
Someday I will get a new one, but work will have to do for now.
Ok, its back to work. 
Enjoy your day.
hugs Pat

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Welcome back, I was getting worried I hadn't seen you in a while either here or on your blog.  Love the new furry friends

Karon Posts: 751

Hi Julia

Welcome back.

I LOVE your new fur-babies

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

Thank you everyone  bear_grin

My home is a bit of a state - it's a sweet little mid terrace with 3 bedrooms - we got it at a good price because it was a repossession - but that also meant a lot of stress - I wouldn't recommend it! There's not tooo much work to do really - other than the garden which is a bit of a mess. it's really steep and small - the lack of green was getting to me! It's amazing what a bit of paint is doing to it though and a work colleague keeps digging up flowers from her own garden so I can fill mine  :crackup:

My favourite room is the chinchilla room (where the computer also is) I've painted Totoro on the walls.  bear_wub  At the moment, finding anything is still a struggle!!

I'll see if I can find time to put some pictures up.  bear_original  Good to be back and I've just signed up for the Ezbear Boot Camp! Should be great fun!!

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub WOW, Julia, so did I sign up for the boot camp.  It is always good to refresh and learn a little more. Good Luck with the new House.
Hugs Pat

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Congratulations on your new home and new pets, Julia . . . we're glad to 'see' you back on TT!  Looking forward to seeing your new creations, too.

Board footer