Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

This was Emma Stephens' good idea for a challenge. Who's up for it?

Theme: The Seasons of the Year

Timing: We're aiming for the autumnal equinox: September 23, 2010

There are no rules and all bear makers are invited. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

(When we get closer to the "due date," we can ask Quy to create a challenge gallery where we can post the finished pieces.)

Becky

emmastephens Emma Stephens Crafty Creations
Gloucestershire

I'm in - though that was probably obvious  bear_tongue

Emma
xxx

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub I am in, would like a shot at the 4 seasons.  Should be interesting.
thanx, Pat Hage
Denbybears

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

This is going to be fun!

Also, from the other thread: Ariane, Tania, and Sherroy will be participating.

enchantmentsart Feather Heart Creations
TX

Oh sounds fun. But does it have to be a bear or can it be another animal?  Would love to do some type of fall critter bear_original

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Feather Heart Creations wrote:

But does it have to be a bear or can it be another animal?

No rules! (But if there were rules, they would be waived for you. bear_grin ) I can't wait to see what you make.

Becky

enchantmentsart Feather Heart Creations
TX

:dance: thanks hmmmm now I have to come up with ideas lol

boop71 Posts: 7

Yes I am in  bear_thumb

Sherroy Sarchie
Tasmania

Ok So with this four seasons do we have to incorporate all the seasons into one design or pick our favourite season?

Fallenrose near Cologne

As I said already in the other thread: I'M in, too
Love the theme and have lots of ideas already - and with my upcoming holidays, I'll surely find the time to make some sketches

@ Sherroy: As there are no rules, it should be up to you if you incorporate all or pick one (somebody correct me please if this isn't right)

Hugs, Ariane

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
dangerbears wrote:

(When we get closer to the "due date," we can ask Quy to create a challenge gallery where we can post the finished pieces.)

Don't worry, Becky, I am not going to enter !  bear_wacko
But to make it interesting for the rest of us, I was thinking that maybe we could have a vote on the finished bears or animals.
For instance : everybody can press the new "LIKE" link for his/hers 3 (or 5) favourite creations.  Whoever gets the most votes, wins.

As first prize I would suggest a hug and a kiss from me !   :crackup:

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & Vincent

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

bear_whistle  I would like to be in but...if I can't finish my bear what happens?  I have some babies that I must finish toot sweet!  They must come first for customers!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Peter wrote:

maybe we could have a vote on the finished bears or animals

I'm not sure how people would feel about this. Let's talk about it once we have a gallery for the finished work.

Peter wrote:

As first prize I would suggest a hug and a kiss from me !   crackup

I am sure that this would encourage many more people to participate!

So who else is in? I know that the bear-swappers just created bears with a summer theme, so maybe you're ready to try your hand at a different season? Or perhaps you have a favorite holiday associated with a certain season? (The more bears we get, the more fun the challenge will be.)

Becky

kezjoy KezjoyKritterz
Gippsland Victoria

ohh sounds interesting..count me in!
Kerrilyn

amber Honey Valley Bears
Toronto

Count me in.  Hopefully I can make the deadline. lol

2catkiss LALand Bears
Oregon

I'm in as long as you don't hold me to it  :crackup:
I love the idea....It takes me so long to finish one bear....but this should be do-able by September  bear_thumb

Regards,
Lee Ann

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

It's great to see a lot of interest in this! It's going to be fun to see all the interpretations.

And don't worry - there's no penalty for lateness or absences.  bear_grin

Now... Which season...

Becky

nealabear Teddy's Treasure Chest
Toronto

Hi:
I am new to this forum so please bear with me (pun intended).  I am a Canadian Bear Artist and I have been designing and making bears since 1986 although I have never entered anything like the URSA or the TOBY awards.  That I hope will be something I consider in the future.  I think this challenge would be great fun and would love to try it. I've tried to attach one picture of a panda bear that I made in white fox fur  and fox fur that has been dyed Christmas red.  I can't tell if it has uploaded or not but I'm hoping it has.  I am working on a new design right now and hopefully it will be ready by September for the challenge.

nealabear Teddy's Treasure Chest
Toronto

peng3.jpgI don't see the picture so I will try to upload it one more time. PengPeng means FluffyFluffy in I believe it is Japanese.  A friend of mine named her and I thought the name fit quite well.  Hope you like her.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

So how is everyone doing?

The "seasons" theme has proved surprisingly inspirational for me, and I now have two different bear designs on paper. ("Summer" is going to be cut out later today. Wish me luck!)

Becky

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
nealabear wrote:

I am new to this forum so please bear with me (pun intended).

I just noticed your post and cute panda bear. Welcome to the challenge, and to Teddy Talk! I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Becky

Fallenrose near Cologne

I haven't even started yet, mainly because of the problems my gran is having - and also because we're moving at the moment. Plus,  I have about 5 unfinished ones that are awaiting their eyes and stuff like that..so I probably should finish them first, shouldn't I?

Sherroy Sarchie
Tasmania
Fallenrose wrote:

I haven't even started yet, mainly because of the problems my gran is having - and also because we're moving at the moment. Plus,  I have about 5 unfinished ones that are awaiting their eyes and stuff like that..so I probably should finish them first, shouldn't I?

I have not started making mine yet either, I'm still trying to come up with ideas for the pattern. I think I know what I want to do...

"I will have it done in time." So I keep telling myself  bear_grin

Ivyworks Ivyworks Artistry
Ottawa, Ontario

Just saw this thread now, hope I'm not too late to join!! Count me in, I've been itching to do a season themed bear for a while now, this is perfect!  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_thumb

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Shannon wrote:

hope I'm not too late to join!

Welcome aboard! There is still plenty of time to make a bear. (Right,  Ariane and Sherroy? Plenty of time.  bear_grin )

Becky

Board footer