Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

22222.jpg:hug: I thought I should share this with you, guys.. :hug:

I usually draw my patterns together with my daughter. She like to watch and sometimes help.
Some days ago we were drawing and she said: Mommy I'm drawing a bear and you have to sew him for me!

look what she did!! :hug:  :hug:

I do hope she will be the famoust artist! bear_tongue  bear_wub
HUGS, Julia

clare14 Country Bears
England

Ahh Brilliant, you know you could have the start of an anime bear there - an anime artist over here (Bry) said to get a child to draw a bear, and you can create the anime bear from the drawing - look at your daughter's picture, can you see??   I can!!

She is definitely going to follow in mummy's footsteps!!  bear_wub

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh,how adorable, I bet she will make bears as you are such an inspiration for her and she can see and feel how much you love making them! Wonderful for both of you!!  bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub  :hug:   :hug:

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

I was actually thinking of it.. Ask her to draw and then  make teddy.. bear_tongue
I draw body first then legs, then arms, the head goes the last...And you know sometimes I just don't make to darw the head ! My daughter sees the body without head and draw it instead of me!!  bear_thumb  bear_wub

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

That's excellent Julia, that is how my daughter shows me what she wants too in her bears, she is now 6 years old.

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Karen, cool! My daughter is 2,9.  bear_tongue  bear_wub

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Julia, that's awesome! I can relate since my daughter is just turning 3 this month. She loves to draw and it's so fun now when I can kinda sorta make out what she's drawing.  bear_original  She's so cute too. She'll come to me with her paper and tell me to close my eyes. Then she holds up the paper and says, "Now you can open your eyes."  bear_wub  My daughter doesn't have much of a chance to NOT be artistic in some way, as both parents have artisitc abilities.

Julia, since our kids our so close to age, maybe in a couple years when they can sew their own bears they can do a swap!  bear_grin

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Sandi! That would bw a historical (or histerical) swap!!! bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_grin

I really thought it was a cute idea, now we just have to remember it in a few years! I must admit to having a horrible memory...so don't forget!!

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

WEll, lET'S MAKE A DEAL!  :hug: I hope we can chat about bear stuff here few years later!! bear_thumb  bear_wub  :hug:

It's a deal!  :hug: Ooh, how 'bout a mother-daughter swap?  bear_grin Hee hee

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yea, you two!!  I'm excited about seeing what your little ones come up with!

tarnuf Hamilton New Zealand

bear_original That is so cute. How adorable  bear_wub  I have a 10 year old who is making her own bear from the same pattern I started with. Will post pics when she is done.  :hug:

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

It's so cute when a child's drawings become more realistic, and you can tell what they are supposed to be.... I'm sure you'll treasure this one Julia! She's a clever little girl!  bear_original

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

How adorable.  A bear artist in the making   bear_thumb  bear_thumb   She is so talented like her Mom!!!

Jane

Dilu Posts: 8,574

How cute and how wonderful....wat sweet specail girls you have...

And, are you going to make her anime bear, Julia?

I hope so

dilu

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Sandi, SURE let's swap!!

Girls, thanks, it's so amazing when you see such a small child drawing something that is KIND of look like something existing.. bear_laugh

Dilu, I'm stuck on anime..Can't help it.. Was going to draw  traditional bear pattern but .. again th weirdest A-NI-ME!!!
Let's see what it will look like in fur! :hug:

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Julia, you should save that picture and give it to her when she is grown up and tell her that is her first artist designed bear. bear_grin  bear_grin ......be sure to date it!

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Terrie, good idea!!
:hug:

Board footer