Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Pages:
Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Well not all teddy bear forums a created equal!  I got a hateful email that was not to me but adressed to me just the same it was between two moderators durig which I was basically called a lier. and told that people have been talking badly behind my back.  It was then mentioned that one of the bears I sent out in a swap was hated.  The thing that bugs me was that the lady that recieved the bear in question bitched to the moderator instead of comming to me  They knew I am a biginner.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Jenn that is terrible   bear_angry   I am SO sorry   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:(

:hug:

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Sorry Jenn, for what happened to you...this sounds like kindergarten antics to me.  bear_wacko
Nanc.....

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I love TT I cant imagine this happening here :hug:

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh I'm so sorry  Jenn.. bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Big Hug to you  :hug:   :hug:  :hug: !

Marie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

So very sorry, Jenn!  I can't understand why anyone tries to hurt someone's feelings.  Life is just really too short to engage in that sort of thing.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

:hug:  We luvs ya  :hug:

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Jenn, I'm really sorry to hear you had such a negative experience!  I find that bear artists are generally really, really nice... unfortunately, people are people and there will always be some rotten apples around somewhere.  Hugs to you and hang in there!

Kelly

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

People can be so hurtful sometimes.   bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad

Sending warm thoughts and hugs your way,   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Aleta

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Jenn,
    What a shame!  I'm so sorry you had to put up with that behaviour! 

Big hugs :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Brenda

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Jenn,
I am so sorry this happened to you.  I would be so proud of you if you could go back to this board where this happened and make it public knowdlege what happened.  You would be the big person here not those saying and doing unkind things.  This gives the entire bear industry a bad name as far as I am concerned.  If you could do it in a matter of fact presentation so that it is known why you are leaving that board it might help prevent it happening to another person.  If this board is sponsored by someone like this one is Intercal, I would make it known to them how inappropiately their help advisors have behaved.  You hang in there kid and know that the majority of bear people are warm and cuddly people.
Bear Hugs,
Donna

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Don't worry Jenn we all love you, and your bears are wonderful because it's from you ,people shouldn't swap if they are going to criticize.We should never hurt one another.

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Hi Jenn

That sounds mean and I can certainly understand your hurt feelings

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Jenn  :hug:

I am very sorry.  This type of thing makes me mad. IF you choose to join in the swap, you know you are taking a risk with the bear you receive.  There's no reason to talk behind people's backs etc... 

I am sure the bear was lovely, and you did the best job you could do.

Try not to let it worry you, and drop the forum - you don't need to be included in a place like that!
Danni

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Jenn,
     I've belonged to a few groups but I really like the way TT is set up.  It is run by a company, who have asked responsible, knowledgeable, caring advisors.  I've been very impressed with what I have seen on this board, for the short time I've belonged.  On a few of the other boards, the moderators have felt more like a boss.  I know they are responsible for their board and have to monitor it accordingly, but I like the fact that this is Intercal's group.  This definitely has more of an "everyone's equal" feel, and I like that.   I think that reflects well on the advisors (thanks gals) and the members (yeah for us!).

Hugs,

Brenda

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Jenn I am sorry this has happened ........ :hug:  :hug:  :hug: who ever it was is very childish ......... and a coward for going behind your back .......  :hug:  :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Jenn, I am so  sorry  bear_cry  bear_cry

I am proud of you, yu jumped in and volunteered to trade with extra people here because we were short.

And you are always trying to learn to do better. 

Don't let anyone try and take away your dream. We believe in you.  And I for one can hardly wait for my bear.  I know he or she will be fine and will be much loved here!

bear_wub  :hug:  bear_wub

dilu

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

Jenn, you don't need people who behave like that!!!  Here's some hugs :hug:  :hug:  :hug: ...now shrug 'them there' awful one's off and have a chuckle at their pettiness...just remember that whilst they're talking about you they're leaving some other poor bugger alone!!! Oops are we allowed to say that!!

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Jenn, I'm really sorry that happened to you.. I'm still can't wait to get your bear!!! bear_wub (does that person here me??) :dance:

Jenn, we love you and believe me, that person is just one..   and we are a whole bunch of loving bodies who care about you! :hug:  bear_wub  bear_tongue

Take care, my friend!
Julia :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) to you Jenn!

I love all bears and I'm sure the bear you swapped was made with love. I have swapped bears before, although I didn't join in this time on TT, and have received all kinds of bears some much better than others. I feel that if someone has put their time, money, effort and love into making a bear than that bear is to be cherished and I love each and everyone of my swop bears. I would love to have one of your bears join my collection so if you want to do a private swop with me then email me and we can do just that.
Special big hugs just for you.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jane.  bear_flower

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Hey Jenn....there are some folks out there in this big old world that go around verbally slapping people behind their backs and making alot of noise about you when really they should, if they were decent people, say it to you to let you have your say back.

Some of these groups attract  people who find that firing off a nasty email is their only way of 'talking' as it becomes their platform...their voice. They haven't got the backbone to say it to you hence why she went to the moderator, who should have mediated in a responsible way. This should have been between you two swap partners, not public knowledge. This is why Teddy talk is such a great group...it's very democratic and sensitive.

Don't let it bother you for one minute..and, if it's left a nasty taste in your mouth, I'd stick her bear back in the box it arrived in and send it back to her....

carsoncreations Carson Creations
Macomb, IL
Website

Jenn,

In my many years of living, I have discovered there are some people who enjoy complaining just to get attention.  If the truth be known, this is probably one of those people.

A true teddy bear artist/collector would never do anything like that and I'm almost positive Teddy Talk does not have those kind of members.  That is why this is the only forum I interact with and read.

It is this person's loss for not seeing the love, talent and kindness spilling from your teddy.  As my Dad always said, "It's no skin off your nose" if this person acts this way.  It is not your fault in any way, shape or form.  They are missing out! 

Keep making those adorable teddies and try to put this behind you. 

Hugs,

Wanda

Deb Upstate New York

Jenn ~

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

What a horrid thing to happen. I loved my swap bear and visa versa, but... If I did'nt I would never say and then I bet the bear would grow on me, it always will if its make with loving intentions. Thing is she has'nt, for whatever reason, got much love to give. Not nice, but you're safe here I would hang with us!

Pages:

Board footer