Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Pages:
Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

That's horrible that this has happened to you.The whole point of the boards is to love, learn ,teach share and support each other. I can't imagine that ever happening on this board and I don't believe our moderators would allow it to happen.Big hugs Jenn, you are loved and supported here!!  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Aww Jenn ~ I can understand the hurt you're feeling. As for the people doing the talking, leave 'em to it. What Glenys said is true...remember that whilst they're talking about you they're leaving some other poor bugger alone!!! My mum used to say that and it always raises a smile!

But the bear you made that was not well-received, well you have only heard this indirectly is that right? So it might not be the truth. Even so, I understand how hurtful this is and have experienced something similar myself. It might not be a reflection of your bear, but more than likely reflects the expectation of the person you swapped with. So please keep this in mind, know that you did your best out of the very kindness of your heart and that anyone of us here would love a bear of yours....  :hug:

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Jenn, I'm so sorry you had deal with these hurtful people! You'd better just stick around here with us!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Jenn,
The best way to deal with this sort of thing is to confront the people who have upset you,and then get on with it.
Unfortunatley in this world of ours, petty people say unkind and hurtfull things, sometimes we have to learn not to be like them, share a hug with others, smile, and learn to care for each other.
Hugs
Lynette.

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Jenn

I've just been catching up with the posts here and was stopped in my tracks with this one. I'm so sorry to read what's happened and I hope the people involved may see this thread and feel VERY ashamed about how they have behaved.

You and your bears are VERY much loved here.

:hug:  :hug:

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Jenn,
You are a wonderful kind hearted person  :hug:  try not to let this upset you - I know your bears will be as lovely as you - I believe what has already been said too - a true artist/collector would never ever do anything so nasty.  :hug:  :hug:
Anne

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I don't think anyone at TT was involved, Kate; at least that's what I'm concluding based on Jenn's post about loving it here.  Just FYI... I've been puzzling thru that one, too, and hoping it was certainly NOT associated with this board. 

Jenn... I sent you a PM the other day.  Please respond!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Ah Jenn.  Ouch!  I am sure this has hurt you a great deal.  bear_cry  Look at the support you have here :

Good Friends are like Angels
You don't have to see them
to know they are there.

bear_innocent  bear_innocent  bear_innocent  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
BIG HUGS!!!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Jenn,

It's quite apparent that you are loved here...keep your chin up.   :hug:   :hug:   bear_wub   bear_wub

Shantell

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Jenn, so sorry to hear what happened to you. I can only agree with all that has been said. I am always nervous when I swap, well have only done 3 swaps so far, but nervous every time. I would never tell the person if I didn't like their bear, but I would appreciate constructive comments from my swap partner on how to improve my work. Maybe you can approach the person and ask her directly? You did your best and if she thinks she could have done it better she can at least tell you how so you can learn. Its a matter of taste too.

Hope you feel better now.

Lots of hugs  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Hi Shelli

I hope my post didn't appear that I assumed it was someone here, sorry if it did bear_cry . I wouldn't think for one second that it was someone here.

To clarify , I meant that if the persons involved also check the posts on this 'friendly' board at TT I hoped that they might see how upset they have made Jenn feel.

:hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

OH, yeah, I got that from what you wrote, Kate!  No worries!  :hug:

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awww Jenn, I'm so sorry you've had to experience that, in fact I'm in shock, how can people be like that....?  bear_sad

:hug:  :hug:  bear_wub   For you xxx

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Jenn,
So sorry that you are feeling bad.  Unfortunately, some people aren't very kind or tactful for that matter.  Be proud of the bear you made , we all started somewhere !!!  Don't let this persons unkind and hurtful comments bring you down, it's not worth the wasted energy .   :hug:

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Jenn,
I want you to know that I am so proud of how you are handling this situation.  You are a much bigger person than what I think I would be in your place.  I am going to be gone for a few days but will be thinking about you.  Can you pop in here and let us all know that you are okay?!?  Thank you for bringing this to the board.  I think sometimes we get in a hurry or have things going on in our lives that can make us not always the best communicators.  I will stop and think before I make comments that could be taken as something other than encouraging and helpful.  Also we must also think of all the lurkers that are reading the posts but never jumping in.  I must be vigil that what I am putting into print does not come across as being critical of anothers work.  Thank you for sharing and thank you for all that you add to this board.
Donna

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Well said, Donna!

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Oh, Jenn, I'm soooo sorry this happened to you. bear_sad  bear_sad
I don't know why people have to be so ugly sometimes.  Don't let this discourage you from bears, please!! Just remember that even though you run across a thoughtless and unkind person sometimes, they are overwhelmingly outnumbered by the kind, caring people who support you! All these posts are proof of it!

I also agree with everything Donna just said. Very well put!

Big hugs to you Jenn  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Oh dear!  So sorry that happened to you bear_sad  I know what it feels like to be so afraid that my work will not be good enough but to do something like that  behind your back bear_sad 

Some people just are that way, plain and simple.  Not everyone is as kind and caring and worried about others feelings.  I have learned not to dwell on that and just keep reminding myself “If they want to be miserable, let them, I won’t let them put me down or make me miserable!”  I know it is hard right now, especially because you put sooo much work into a bear, I would be very hurt too….  I would be honored to have a beginner’s bear, I think that beginner bears are soo special and I thank all of the gals here who have adopted my beginner bears, they may not be the best ones that I have ever made but you have all opened your hearts and taken them in and given them a warm place to stay and lotsa love bear_original 

Chin up dear – don’t let this person drag you down or make you not want to create… remember, you like I, are in your beginning stages bear_original

LOTSA BIG SQUIDGEE HUGS!

Jennskains Posts: 2,203
jenny wrote:

Hey Jenn....there are some folks out there in this big old world that go around verbally slapping people behind their backs and making alot of noise about you when really they should, if they were decent people, say it to you to let you have your say back.

Some of these groups attract  people who find that firing off a nasty email is their only way of 'talking' as it becomes their platform...their voice. They haven't got the backbone to say it to you hence why she went to the moderator, who should have mediated in a responsible way. This should have been between you two swap partners, not public knowledge. This is why Teddy talk is such a great group...it's very democratic and sensitive.

Don't let it bother you for one minute..and, if it's left a nasty taste in your mouth, I'd stick her bear back in the box it arrived in and send it back to her....

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I could not agree more Jenny!  I think I will.  I count myself lucky to "know" all of you! bear_wub

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

That's it Jenn...be positive....we love ya!!!

Jenny

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Chin up Jenn.  But I think I would send her bear back to her as well with a little note saying thank you but no thank you.  Whether she liked it or not you made it with your own little hands and someday that bear might be worth a few thousand dollars.  She doesn't deserve it!!!

Jane

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh Jenn, that is so unfair!!!  bear_sad  bear_cry
What i cannot understand is why did this person swap with you if she did not like your bears???
I know that I don't always like every bear from every artist: I always have favourites. Normal: we cannot all have the same tastes... But I have a lot of awe and friendship for EVERY artist there. I know that every artist is making each of his bears with all his love, including beginners. And I still consider myself as a beginner, cos I have not made many bears so far.
What I cannot understand either is why that person prefered talking to the help advisors rather than to you...  bear_angry

I would never ever even think about behaving like this person.
Cheer up, Jenn! :hug: You've got all my support too.

I thought all teddy bear makers had a heart full of friendship and love...

Oh, by the way, I 'd love to see pics of your bears. I am sure they are sweet!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

And in reality is there such a thing as a bad bear?  Really? 

Bad gollies, well, for sure.....but bears?

I think the bear that is suposed to be ours comes to us.....and I think that every bear has something to teach us about ourselves, and about the world.  So anyone who complains about a bear is to be pitied, because they are missing an awful lot of love and learning about life that only that particular bear can teach us.

And after all, not all people are beautiful by people standards......some of us are short-fat-thin-tall  and it doesn't keep us from loving them....so....?

dilly

Celena Oxford

Awww...Jenn...I am so sorry of what happened to you.  :hug:  :hug:

Don't let it bother you, some people tend to be hurtful.  I don't believe in "hated bear" or "bad bear"...each bear has its own beauty.  Cheer up   bear_original

Lots of hugs
Celena

Pages:

Board footer