Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Berwickbears Berwick Bears
Maine

sherwood2-007---Copy.JPGsherwood2-005---Copy.JPGThis adorable cub is looking for his new home and he's ready for fall, just around the corner here in Maine! Sherwood is a one of a kind Berwick Bears original designed and hand sewn entirely by me, Mindy Ricker, from a fantastic rich brown German Schulte woven back synthetic fur. The pile on this gorgeous fur is 1 1/4", very dense with both undercoat and guard hairs. It is soft, thick and wonderful to the touch. Sherwood is a very woolly cub! It is lots of fun to brush his fur in different ways to give him different looks. He truly is much more adorable than the pictures show, I'm afraid my photography skills need some improvement! Sherwood and I spent lots of time together with all of his wonderfull needlefelted details and delicate shading. He was an absolute joy to create and worth every minute of it. He is wonderful to hold with his soft dense fur and zinc pellets for a nice hefty feel.

Sherwood is fully jointed including a double neck joint for lots of wonderful head tilts, his paws and muzzle are needlefelted wool,shaded and sealed for durability . His arms are wired for lots of posing possibilities (he likes to play peek-a-boo). He has German glass eyes with tiny eye whites and corded lids. Double sewn waxed upholstery thread seams,stainless steel lock nut jointing and poly-fil stuffing with zinc pellets added for a nice cozy heft complete this heirlom quality, one of a kind artist bear. With love and a bit of gentle care he will last many generations just as those great old bears who came before him have.Sherwood comes with a signed and dated photo ID tag (#10005) and is discreetly numbered and initialed (MKR) on the back of his left leg for authentication. His acorn cap and pendant are removable.

Thanks so much for looking and please feel free to email any questions, more pics on my web site!

BEST WISHES AND BEAR HUGS TO YOU FROM BERWICK BEARS!

Sherwood is on his way to England.  It seems like a fitting home for him!

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Wow, he is wonderful, Mindy! Such a handsome bear...  bear_original

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Aww!  What a sweetie!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website
Berwickbears Berwick Bears
Maine

Alison, Melissa and Kimberly, thank you so much for the wonderful comments.  You all do such fantastic work!  I really appreciate the encouragement from such talented artists.  I love all of your work, keep the fantastic bears coming, they are truly treasures!!

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

Gorgeous bear!!!  Not surprised he found a home straight away!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub

PS:  Love that fur!!! bear_wub  bear_wub

Hugs
Marg  bear_original

Board footer