Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

buddyandfilbert3.jpgBuddy (on the right of the photo) is my newest, chubby bear cub.  He is cuddling Filbert, although I am not convinced that Filbert is impressed!  He is made from my favourite tipped alpaca.  I only have a few scraps left now and don't know if I'll be able to source anymore...sob!  His legs and arms are wired for additional posing opportunities and he can stand unaided.  There are more photos on my blog.

Hugs

Sue

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

They are so wonderful Sue.  They look so sweet posed together.  They are reminding me of Lily and Hope.  The way Hope looks after she reunites with Lily.  I love them both.

Joanne

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

What a sweetheart!  bear_wub  I love the way you've scissor sculpted Buddy's face, and also the photo (on your blog) where he appears to be tackling Filbert.  bear_grin

Becky

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Many thanks, Joanne and Becky.  I really appreciate your positive comments. bear_original

Hugs

Sue

Boogaloo Bears Boogaloo Bears
united kingdom

Gorgeous bears, such cute expressions  bear_grin

I too made a bear a long time ago with a similar mohair and it was lovely to work with and made a beautiful bear - if I can remember where I got it from I will let you know!  bear_original

Hugs

Lisa x

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Wow, he is magnificent, Sue !  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

The open mouth with the tongue works wonderfully well : Buddy is sooo cute (I don't think Filbert can stay mad at him  bear_laugh )
The photos of the two of them together look great; it would be a shame to split them up.

Your bears just keep getting more beautiful and more adorable (and I am not just saying that  bear_thumb ).
I wonder what your next bears will look like ...  bear_rolleyes

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter, Tabasco, Tramp & Bashful

MZemeski Posts: 151

I love your bears!! They are sooooo cute!! bear_grin

Bearg Hugs,
Melissa Zemeski

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Thanks SO much Lisa, Peter and Melissa.

Hugs

Sue

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Hee hee, what a great pair, I'm sure Filbert will get over himself soon  bear_laugh

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Cute beaars, Sue. Is the fur Helmbold? If it is I think I have about 4 mts of it! I could let you have some if you can't get hold of it. Let me know what length it is and I'll let you know if it's the same. I can bring it to Hugglets with me, but you'll have to let me know soon, I leave at the end of this month.

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

That's great, Linda.  I'll PM you...as soon as I can find my tape measure!

Regards

Sue

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Peter, I think we must have the same taste in bears because I completely agree with you. These bears are wonderful and getting better and better.

Richard
x

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Such a cutie...both of them are. bear_wub  And I love their alpaca fur. I know it'll be tough if you can't find any more of it. I have some here that's a very long version, and I've been afraid to cut into it because it's so beautiful. Maybe I'll be brave; you're inspiring me.  bear_smile

~Debora

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Many thanks, Richard and Deborah.  I know just what you mean about being afraid to cut into a lovely piece of fabric.  I have had a gorgeous piece of Tissavel sable for about two years and I haven't the confidence to cut into it!

Hugs

Sue

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
Rich1988 wrote:

Peter, I think we must have the same taste in bears because I completely agree with you. These bears are wonderful and getting better and better.
Richardx

Hi Richard, Could you post some photos of the bears in you hug, I would love to compare them to mine. 
I have three bears made by Sue Jennings in my hug, but she just keeps improving on her designs, so I am desperately tempted to adopt a bear like Buddy !  bear_whistle

I also have several of Paula's wonderful bears (and one that was commissioned, who is absolutely gorgeous).  I think we might be a little jealous of each other's hug  bear_grin .

Are you going to the Hugglets show in September ?  I would love to have a chat with you (from one teddy bear guy to another  :crackup: )?

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Peter, I have no doubt I would be jealous of your hug. Mines only small at the minute, I only really found collectors bears around 8 months ago now but I have Gustav of Paula as you know and I'm a huge fan of her work, I also have a lovely blue guy from ABearbyKim who I actually won. My next big buy if all goes to plan is a Barling, but I also love Bears Bits, Sue's bears above, New Avenue Crew and ultimately (when I can afford it) a Gregory Bear - I still look at yours on here now to coo hehe!
I actually have a really old original teddy from the Bear Factory though who I think you would like, will try to photograph him with some of the bears I've made which I've kept. The bigger and the more grissly the better though I say hehe!
Unfortunately I'm not going to Hugglets in Sept  bear_sad  starting a new job so simply can't afford it. May be there in Feb or Stratford again next year if you're around?

Richard
x

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website
Rich1988 wrote:

Peter, I have no doubt I would be jealous of your hug. Mines only small at the minute, I only really found collectors bears around 8 months ago now but I have Gustav of Paula as you know and I'm a huge fan of her work, I also have a lovely blue guy from ABearbyKim who I actually won. My next big buy if all goes to plan is a Barling, but I also love Bears Bits, Sue's bears above, New Avenue Crew and ultimately (when I can afford it) a Gregory Bear - I still look at yours on here now to coo hehe!

Oh my goodness, Richard. I am completely speechless. I'm so touched that you like my work and that you named my Crew members among those by such wonderful bear artists. You have made my day.  bear_smile

Bear hugs to you from Colorado, :hug:
Debora and the Crew

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

AWWWW! such an adorable pair!
I have used the same alpaca tipped mohair and I agree that it is wonderful. I got mine from Intercal. I used nearly my entire half yard piece on one big bear. He is coming with me to the Teddy Bear Jubilee show next month. I haven't posted anything on here for awhile. I'll have to post him as well as a few others before the show for a sneak peak.
Beth

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Hi Beth

I'd love to see him!

Regards

Sue

Board footer