Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi all.

I'm so incredibly bummed out.  bear_sad bear_sad bear_sad

Just a week ago my subscription copy of the December 05 TEDDY BEAR SCENE, a UK magazine, finally arrived -- on the very same date as my January subscription copy.  Obviously there was some kind of problem with the distribution of the December issue.  But no matter!  I finally got to see the very wonderful and complimentary article about me and my POTBELLY BEARS that author Christine Pike had scribed for them.  What incredible fun!

Some time ago -- a month or so ago at this point -- I wrote to the TEDDY BEAR SCENE (Warner Publishing) subscription department and requested ten extra copies of the Dec. 05 issue -- even tho I hadn't even seen it yet at that point! -- for scrapbooking, distribution to family and supportive friends, framing!, keeping on the shelves, and taking to future shows (for bragging rights!)  It's a huge honor to have an article written about me and I'm grateful -- and not stupid; such a thing might well never come around my way again, so I naturally wanted extra copies to keep around for posterity.

Anyway... When I wrote them, they said, "Sure, glad to help!" and they charged my credit card 50pounds immediately for their efforts.  Expensive, but worth it.   I had faxed my personal info to them, for a fee, from our local UPS store.

So I was just sitting tight for the last many weeks, waiting for my parcel.

Well... just this morning, I got a note from them.  Apparently, the entire December 05 issue is sold out, and they were only able to obtain ONE extra copy for me.

ONE.

bear_sad bear_sad bear_sad bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry bear_sad bear_sad bear_sad

Naturally they are crediting 48 pounds back to my card.  Like that makes it any better.

Soooo..... my huge favor to you.....

If ANYONE has a December 05 copy of TEDDY BEAR SCENE that they would be willing to part with -- even if it has pages removed, or a subscription sticker on the cover, or bent edges -- I would be DELIGHTED to send you money to cover the cost of both the issue, and the mailing, and your time in sending it to me here in California.

I am just really, really devastated to learn that despite my best efforts, I will now have almost no record of this special occurence at all -- and certainly, no copies of it to give out to family members who have been waiting to see it, and who are spread all over the US. 

Anything you can offer in this regard would be a wonderful gift to me.

Thanks very much.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

I would LOVE you to do this and will compensate you with cash, thanks, and public accolades for the offer.  Please do ask her; it would mean the world to me and my parents and sister, especially.

THANK YOU!!!!

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Shelli,

If Melanie's mother-in-law can't help, I just the other day saw several copies in a bookstore in my neck of the woods.  There is actually one Barnes & Noble here that stocks both British mags in addition to TB&F and TBR (lucky me!).  Let me know if you still need help, I'll be on that side of town tomorrow.

Cheers,
Kelly

Dilu Posts: 8,574

And if anyone is willing to part with their copy, I will be willing to send one of our US mags to you....I have all of last years TB&F and TBR, except for one who already went to one you you  bear_grin if it makes it any better to get another mag in exchange?  It would be my pleasure!

so let us know  :dance:   Lets see if we can't get some of those mags over here for Miss Shelli

dilu

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Kelly, please buy out whatever they've got on my behalf.  Let me know the total cost PLUS the cost of shipping and I will get something sent your way right off via PayPal, plus a percentage on top to cover your PayPal fees.

You are an absolute doll, too! 

I feel totally rescued by my friends at TEDDY TALK today.  I got a private note from Lynette (Fred-I-Bear) too, who is willing ot part with her own issue on my behalf.  (Sorry for outing you, Lynette; no good deed goes unrecognized.)

Don't ever let anyone tell you that cyber-friendships aren't "real" friendships.  In addition to this wonderful support and assistance, I've received Christmas cards -- the first ones this year! -- and gifts to cheer me up, and little critters and bear buds, from the people I've become close to here.  If these things don't represent real friendship, I don't know what would.

I love you guys; thank you so much!

piegabaer Speyer/Germany

If I see one here in Germany I´ll buy for you. A few days ago was one in ebay.de (Germany)...
I´ve only a subscription of the Teddy Bear International Club from UK.  bear_cry
Sometimes I´m waiting so long for the magazine from UK and the magazine from Australia comes always just in time...

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Shelli,
                 Have you got all the issues you need yet ,as I will be more than willing to send you my copy, We could swop a TB&F as I do not get that one . I can post to-morrow for you if need be.
                    Hugs Rita xxx

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

I swear, I just called my husband in tears, I am so touched by everyone's help and support. You just can't know how much it means to me; thank you so much.

Rita, I would be happy to swap copies with you, but let's wait on that and see if between Melanie and Kelly, I might be able to get my magazines WITHOUT having to steal them from another bear-artist's hands.  It sounds like it MIGHT be possible to buy some at a bookstore, and get some from a distributorship. 

Don't give it to anyone else, though!  I'll keep my TB&F's on hand, just for you!  Thank you so much for your willingness to do this.

bear_original  :hug:  bear_original

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Hi Shelli

I've got a copy here too. I bought it for your article actually bear_thumb

I see that you have some offers already but if you are short you would be very welcome to have mine too bear_original

:hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Thank you so much!!!!!    :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I don't get Teddy Bear Scene myself, but I do get multiple copies of TB&F and TBR and would trade them to anyone willing to let go of their Dec. issue of TBS!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

bear_original  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: bear_original  You're the best, Sue Ann!  You and Dilu offering to do this on my behalf, for no reason other than to help me out, just fills me with happiness; what an unbelievably kind gesture.  THANK YOU BOTH!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

We love you, Shelli, and think you're awesome!  bear_wub   bear_wub   :hug:   :hug:

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Hi Shelli,

Although It is not always easy to find bear magazines here in Belgium, occasionally we get the UK ones in the International magazine store in the city.  I will be there this weekend and so can look to see if the December copy is still there and could then send it to you.  Just let me know if you would like me to or if you have enough.

Big Hugs,
Catherine
x

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

I have no idea whether I have "enough" and probably won't for a very long time, so if it's not too much trouble, yes, please get me one if you should find it, Catherine.  Thank you very much for asking; I appreciate it so much.

I'm looking for lots of copies because I cut some of them up and put them in a big scrapbook of my published work and awards and stuff I want my kids to look back on someday and think, "Cool, Mom!"  And I actually do want to frame this one for display in my studio; does that make me conceited?  I hope not.  Laughing here...  Plus I'd like to keep one "immaculate" copy I will put in a plastic magazine protector, and one to throw about and read whenever I feel like it.  My subscription copy is already in my TEDDY BEAR SCENE binder.  Geez, I sound like a nutcase hoarder. 

Also, my mom and dad, sister, and friends like Andrea who helped me out so much to establish my business, all live many hours away -- in some cases, like my sister, entirely across the US of A! -- and so I have to mail them copies just so they can "see" the article at all.

Thanks for helping build my supply of this issue!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hate to say I told you so Shelli...but...... :hug:  :hug:

I'll check in our Barnes and Noble here too.  You gonna get your 50 copies...just watch!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

I want TEN copies... it was 5o POUNDS, sterling.  Ack!!!!  I don't need THAT many!!! bear_original

Dilu Posts: 8,574

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Yep, TeddyTalkers talk a lot but in a pinch they come through...You guys are the greatest.....I am more than happy to send off these mags to one and all.....but somebody keep track.....e-mail me or Sue Ann your addresses too.....cuz.....we woud need it  :redface:

:hug:  bear_wub  :hug:

to you wonderful TT'ers

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

I wish I could help Shel....I don't have one, but I have bought quite a few of them online ...if all else fails, but it sounds like all will be well.
TTers are really one of the best groups I have come across.
I am sure you will get your ten copies....and congratulations by the way.
Nancy

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Shelli
I will check to see if the copy I saw before Christmas here at Chapters is still there. If so I will get it for you
Hugs
Gail

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Thank you Gail!!! bear_original  :hug:

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Hi Shelli

If you don't get enough - I will be able to send you some shortly  : )    We are about to get the December issues in our shops here (see and you thought you were behind!!)  The new mags arrive in store on Mondays and I think it is this Monday that they are due (can you tell I obsessively haunt the shops waiting for the mags!).

In return....could you tell me if my bear William was in the what's new section of the January issue.  They told me he would be in the next available issue which was either going to be January or February.  He's wearing a red scarf...Thanks!

oh and btw I've been hanging out to read the article about you so I hope it IS monday!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

You guys are AWESOME!  Thank you so much for the offer, Melissa; check back here so that I don't already have ten thousand copies from Kelly and Melanie, but yes, I'd appreciate your help as well on Monday.

Will check on your little guy first thing tomorrow; am just taking a wee break from sewing right now after being on TT all day long.  If he's in there and I can kick my scanner into gear, I'll scan and post for you to boot!

bear_original

nettie scotland
Website

Hi Shelli,
I don't get any magazines but I am going into Edinburgh and could check out all the newsagents there.Let me know how it goes.
Diane xxx

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

WilliamScan.jpgHere you go!

Board footer