Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi guys and gals, 

I would like to share you with a very sad story, but it might just have a happy ending.  I hope you will like it !

On a bright summer day, two teddy bears were born : a girl teddy called "Molly" and a boy teddy whom we will call "James " (for privacy reasons).  Molly and James were very happy together living in Dawn's big castle and taking long walks among the heather surrounding the castle.

Molly_040910_for_TT01.jpg

One day disaster struck : Dawn had taken Molly and James to a teddy bear show and there was one collector who wanted to adopt James, but not Molly.  So James went home to his new family and Molly was left behind, without her friend.    bear_cry   Nobody wanted to adopt Molly, although she was a very sweet and lovely teddy.   Because Dawn felt sad for Molly, she decided that a new family would be the best thing for her.  Dawn then put Molly on e-bay and see who would bid the most money for her.   Unfortunately not many people were bidding, but one poor lonely man living in a small house in a small country fell in love with Molly and decided to spend his last hard-earned money on Molly.  bear_shocked

He was thrilled when the little girl arrived at his tiny house, because he already had two of her bigger brothers, Alvin & Leon, living with him.  "I'm sure she will forget all about James", he thought, "when she meets all her new friends".  Molly was thrilled to meet her older brothers and the other teddies living in the house, but she couldn't help feeling a bit sad about her boyfriend James.  Her brothers tried to comfort her, bu to make matters worse, her new dad, had put a framed photo on his wall of Molly and James together (what a silly bugger he is).

Molly_040910_for_TT02.jpg

Luckily Molly's new dad was a sensitve guy and a big softie as well, so he decided it was time for Molly to forget about James and to start thinking about a new boyfriend for her.  He contacted Dawn in her big castle and as luck would have it, she had just finished a lovely boy bear called "Ernie", just the right size for Molly.  Dad showed the photo of "Ernie" to Molly and she was totally smitten with him.  "Let's go and collect him right now", Molly pleaded.  "I really can't my dear", Dad said, " I have to work to keep all these teddies' mouths fed; but if you can wait until September the 12th, I will personally go and collect him in London for you."   Since then, Molly has been counting the days and hours until September the 12th and she keeps the photograph of Ernie close by her.

Molly_040910_for_TT04.jpg Molly_040910_for_TT03.jpg

Hopefully in a good week's time, Molly and Ernie will be together and her sorrows will definitely be over.   Let's all keep our paws and fingers crossed that all goes well !  :pray:
Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & Molly

P.S. My apologies to Dawn for bending the truth a little bit.   bear_whistle

puca bears puca bears

Dear Peter...I have to say it........You'll be daft when you grow up (lol)...............but then you won't ever grow up will you? Don't think any of us will............
Wish I was going to be at Hugglets too, but we (sensibly) decided it would be TOO much , so soon after our bear trip.........I'm going to have to be GOOD for a while, and NOT SPEND!
big huggies
Maria

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

What a wonderful story.  I hope all ends well for Molly.  We can only hope that James has made a better adjustment without her.  Molly has one of the sweetest bear faces ever, how could you not help but fall in love with her.

Joanne

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Awww....that is so sweet.  bear_wub  It would make a good childrens book Peter! Think abou it....

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, I hope they live happily ever after!

BTW, my bears think your bears need a blog too, mine can be found at: http://thethistlepatchclan.blogspot.com/ they love it if yours could come and visit

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Such a lovely story, Peter! I can't wait until Molly and Ernie are together. You are so kind and caring to be looking out for Molly as you are.  bear_wub Of course, we'll all want pictures... :photo:

Hugs from Debora and the Crew! :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: So glad that Molly's story will have the greatest ending!  Her new dad is a really nice, helpful, loving, and accommodating person who tells wonderful tales.

puca bears wrote:

Dear Peter...I have to say it........You'll be daft when you grow up (lol)...............but then you won't ever grow up will you? Don't think any of us will............

LOL : I know, Maria, I know, but isn't it just more fun to be a little crazy ?   bear_laugh

Michelle Helen wrote:

Awww....that is so sweet.  bear_wub  It would make a good childrens book Peter! Think abou it....

Thank you, Michelle, it's a very good suggestion, I have given it some thought; maybe one of these days ...  bear_whistle

rowarrior wrote:

BTW, my bears think your bears need a blog too, mine can be found at: http://thethistlepatchclan.blogspot.com/ they love it if yours could come and visit

That's a great idea, Katy : I love your bear's blog and I am sure that mine would want to have one of their own !  bear_grin

Thank you Sue Ann and Deborah, for the lovely comments : of course there will be a sequel, with pictures and all.  bear_thumb

Hugs, to you all  :hug:

Peter & Molly

Gemma82 Wakefield
Website
peterbear wrote:

isn't it just more fun to be a little crazy ?   :D

Most definitely!

You rock!  bear_cool

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Peter that story just rounds up why we all love you. You have put a big smile on my face this morning, thanks! I hope Molly and Ernie will be very happy together. See you on the 12th.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

charlotte1 Bears by Charlotte
east anglia
Website

ah!! i love the story peter.  I cant wait for updates and pictures of the new couple.  ! love charlotteXXX

puca bears puca bears

lol, Peter..........you know what "they" say - Sanity is vastly over-rated! Crazy is the best place to be.......
big hugs
Maria

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen

And who knows, maybe being crazy is  real sanity!

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Well you might be on the crazy side Peter and as Jane said thats what we all love about you, but I am on the really (yes really) soppy side and poor little Molly's story ...........  bear_cry   I must see Ernie on Sunday and check that he is good boyfriend material!  bear_grin

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Aawwww, ...   are you bringing Molly over to England Peter so that she can meet her new love under the dusky setting lights of Hugglets?   bear_wub  bear_wub
Of course, this would all have to be carried out in slow motion!  (isn't that how they do it in the movies!)

Love the little story and we just know it will have a very happy ending.

Hugs :hug:
Marilyn

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow
Barling Bears wrote:

Aawwww, ...   are you bringing Molly over to England Peter so that she can meet her new love under the dusky setting lights of Hugglets?   bear_wub  bear_wub
Of course, this would all have to be carried out in slow motion!  (isn't that how they do it in the movies!)

Oh you would soooo have to film that so we could see it!

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

what a great story!  I agree that you should write a children's book.  If you do, please sign me up for one to read to my little boys.   bear_original

I also have a few Molly bears from Steiff and Bumpkin Bears.

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

AWWWW! What a dear sweet story! I look forward to reading more as the story unfolds. Maybe there will be wedding bells in the future...and then the sound of little paws running around....?  bear_original
And by the way---who wants to be sane when crazy is so much more fun?
Beth

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

He he he you brightened up my day Peter, that is so funny and so touching too  bear_grin  bear_grin .  Not long for Molly before she meets her dream boy, look forward to hearing all about the love affair.  bear_grin

Hugs
Pauline

JanetB Posts: 112

What a delightful story.

Thank you all for the lovely comments; I really appreciate it very much !  bear_thumb

Barling Bears wrote:

Marilyn, I wasn't planning to take Molly with me, but since you have mentioned it :  Molly has been begging me to take her to London with me, so she can meet her new boyfriend as soon as possible.  bear_smile   
Maybe I can invite Steven Spielberg to film it, Katy ??  :crackup:
I just hope they won't elope together (no, I don't mean Molly & Spielberg) :crackup:

We will soon find out how it all ends ....

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

oh Peter, it's such fun to see someone else with the same kind of mind as I have, some would call it crazy, I would call it sane  bear_thumb
SO very happy to hear your little Molly will have a new love in her life :)
Have a fabulous time at Hugglets
HUGS
Catherine
x

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

Love this story.

Just how many bears do you have Peter?

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Such a sweet story Peter and thanks for sharing. bear_flower

Look forward to a happy ending for sweet Molly ~ and yes a story book would be a delightful idea.

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website

LOL - I have several lists of things I need to take to Hugglets and Ernie is at the top of every one. The burden of responsibility is resting heavy on my shoulders at the moment!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Board footer