Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

lbbears Wind Lake. Wisconsin

:clap: Wow Judi, great sale on ebay for your lion and lamb. Your beautiful work is truly worth this amount and much more. Have you had other auctions go this well?
  :clap:
Laurie

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

GOODNESS JUDI!!! I HOPE THEY GO MUUUUCH HIGHER THOUGH!!! WOW!!!!!  bear_wub

:clap:  :clap:

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Judi, your work is absolutely gorgeous.  Wow, what detail!!
And your theme is wonderful...just a perfect auction.
I am sure it will skyrocket at the very end...gotta love those snipers!  :dance:
Beautiful, Judi...Just beautiful.

Nancy

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm so glad somebody but me noticed this; I felt awkward bragging on her since we're both Advisors and I try to be careful not to set us apart from everyone else.

I wrote Judi a note just the other day with a big ol', WOWZA! on the pricetag.  I didn't see where the auction ended -- somebody post it! -- but it was over $1000 when I was there last.  The upper upper echelons of soft sculpture.

I think it's fabulous, Judi, and very much deserved; your work is so detailed and spectacularly thought through.

Good for you, my friend!

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

oh Judi - that's fantastic.  Like everyone else has said, it was a beautiful piece and you do truly deserve the recognition for all the hard work (and talent!!) that goes into your creations.  Big hugs to you!   :hug:

Melissa

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Way to go Judi!   It is a gorgeous set and I'm glad it did so well.  It certainly deserved to!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

You guys have no idea how much your kind words mean to me. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  Kindeness from this board carries me through for such a long time...every word from EVERY person here stays with with me, encourages ,and  motivates me every day.

The auction for "Let There Be Peace" is not over yet but it has surpassed my wildest expectations.

I originally made this piece last month, first of all because I love big cats, and second to enter into competition...however, there is no category for them.  The "friends" categories only allow one animal friend. The tableaux must include a bear.   bear_sad

I am so thrilled and honored right now at these posts. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

LynBlair Posts: 139

The auction for "Let There Be Peace" is not over yet but it has surpassed my wildest expectations.

Not mine!  I hope it goes much higher by the time the last bidder sings.  They are such an incredibly beautiful and stunning pair. :clap:

Hugs,
Lyn

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

GREAT AUCTION, Judi!!  Hope there are a gazillion snipers out there waiting . . . waiting!  Big congrats to you!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Remember what I told you?

You are a celebrity!

I am so happy for you.....the money is nice BUT it is the recognition of the quality of the work that you do....from the decision to the cutting to the first stitch to the final  touch, your work exemplifies what it means to be an artist
Judi,  congratulations....I am very happy for you......and proud as punch of you too....you are special!

:hug:

dilu

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

WOW JUDI!  I watched this one for the last ten minutes... someone tried to snipe it but it didnt work... wow! Lovely price for an out of this world piece!!! WOW  :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

:dance:  :pray:  bear_laugh  bear_original  bear_wub  bear_wacko  bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_innocent

I am so thrilled ( more by the fact that some of you are even commenting .  It is so nice that people care)I don't know what to say...... bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Judy,
     CONGRATULATIONS!  I just watched the end of your auction and it was exciting.  I love watching bidders trying to get to the top at the end.  Your set is exquisite - the wee lamb face is such a gentle face, she begs to be hugged, and the lion is wonderful.  It's nice to see an artist get rewarded for such quality work - you should definitely be proud of yourself.

Hugs,

Brenda

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Somebody gimme the dirt and save me the legwork!  What did it end at???

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

WOOOHOOO Judi!  A very well deserved sale of a fabulous pair of critters!  Worth every penny! 

BIG HUG from OHIO!!!!!!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Hi Shelli,
     It ended at $1225.00!!!!   Brenda

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Ack!  Superb!!!!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Link for anyone else who wants to peek at Judi's auction!   :dance:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LUXEMBEARS-LION-LAM … dZViewItem

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Go Judi........GO Judi............

I have to say, I would be suprised if it DIDN"T go for that much.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Judi, you deserve every penny of the auctions outcome and much more  :hug:   :hug:  I know it is not my place to say this but I have read about your beloved sister on this board and believe that she was smiling on this auction and everything it stands for .Please forgive me if I'm being too personal  :redface:   :hug:   :hug:

Hi Judi,
     I forgot to say that I think it's such a shame that your set doesn't fit the criteria for the Teddy competitions.  I got stuck on that too, last year.  I can understand why they want at least one bear in the "tableaux" category, but I don't see why the "other stuffed animals" category can't include a double entry like yours.  I think I would be tempted to enter one of them.  I love them both but that lamby of yours, really tugs at my heart strings (and I've already entered the "other" category for the Golden Teddies).  You have had a preview of the public response, so go ahead and take some single pictures and at least enter one of them for the awards.  I'd be honored to be competing in the same category as your babies!

Hugs,

Brenda

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO JUDI  :dance:

Well done you clever talented old sausage you  bear_thumb

I am sooooo glad that you did so well with the auction Judi - betcha glad i did'nt buy the lambie now ha ha ha

You deserve every single penny/cent and really deserve to get this sort of money for ALL your soooper dooper creations

Can't wait to see the next Judi critter  :dance:

Penny  bear_wub

Deb Upstate New York

Wow ... congratulations Judi!  Your work should command this range more often I think.  Some of your pieces have sold for way too little ... but I digress.  Your work is inspirational.  That is ... it always makes me want to try harder, do a little better.  Thank you.

$1,200 is a lot of mohair!  Whoohoo!  Go shopping!

:hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Congrats on the big sale!  I hope the new owner loves the lion and lamb.  :)

That's silly that they're not eligible for the friends category.  I think that rule should be changed.

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I had this in my watching items.  I thought it was so gorgeous.  Congratulations you really deserve it and more.

Board footer