Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Margaret Always Bearing In Mind
High Wycombe, Bucks.
Website

Just to say I hope everyone enjoyed the Hugglets Bear Fair and had a good journey home whether near or far.   I had a lovely time going round with Jane and meeting so many lovely people and wonderful bears.  Congratulations to all exhibitors; I hope you had a successful day, though it seemed much quieter than usual.  We'll all now look forward to seeing Jane's photos!! 

Margaret  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Karon Posts: 751

I was a bit gob-smacked when I arrived at the Town Hall at 10am to find only about 20 people sitting on a row of seats.  By 10.30 it was lookingg a bit more healthy with the que going down the steps and round the corner.

This was a little worrying though - I have seen this happen with the doll world - to the point that in the end it wasn't even worth going to them.  I do hope this is not going to happen with the bears.

HOWEVER it was very heartening to know that some people more or less cleared their stands of bears - and the fabric suppliers seemed to be doing well.

All in all a good show.

Nice meeting your Ali, Dawn and Peter!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I thought it was a pretty good show yesterday.  I sold all my bears and was busy throughout the day.  There wasn't quite the 'crush' there was at February's show, but it seemed to me, there was a very healthy number of visitors to the show and sales were being made all day long.

JAC-Q-LYN Jac-Q-Lyn
Cheshire

I had a lovely show, I don't know where the time went too, sales were super, sold lots of Urchins and some Grogs and a couple of trade orders, so the long journey and toothache was worth it  bear_grin  The one complaint I have is I need the show to be sign posted off the M1 saying "Jacqui This Way" LOL!! I can't believe with doing the show twice a year for the last few years and sat nav, we still seem to have a tour around the centre of London, this time it was the back streets suffering the humps in the road  :crackup: At one point Darren said lets get a taxi and follow him LOL!!

Hugs to you all
Jacqui

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

:crackup:  :crackup:  What a clever idea..............follow a taxi, it would have to be a bright pink one for me, else I would lose it

It sounds like a good day  bear_thumb

JAC-Q-LYN Jac-Q-Lyn
Cheshire

Hi Sue

It would have to be a bright pink one with a big flashing light on top for me to follow......I have never been over so many road humps in my life, its a bit much when an ice-cream van overtakes you :crackup:   all we could hear going over the bumps was the bells on my bears hats jingling in there boxes :crackup:

Hugs
Jacqui bear_grin

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I went as a visitor and thought the show was busy.The fabric stands were really busy and I had to queue to get my supplies.
I was driving in London and got in the wrong lane but luckily for me it turned out to be a shortcut much to hubbys relief bear_grin
After a while all the streets look the same and it is easy to get lost...managed it many a time bear_grin
Laurie :hug:

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: Jacqui, I can picture it now, such a funny sight, seriously though thats the trouble with sat-navs they opt for the shortest routes when often the fastest route is the main roads and easier

Wish I could have gone, can't wait for Jane's piccies  bear_thumb

Margaret Always Bearing In Mind
High Wycombe, Bucks.
Website

A week on and I hope everyone's recovered from the show itself and the various adventures getting there - especially you Peter if you read this - so sorry to have missed meeting you and your new additions.  I had to leave early so didn't see the empty stands later - well done  - now on with creating the next set of wonderful creations for February!  Meanwhile ................... Happy Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Margaret

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
Margaret wrote:

A week on and I hope everyone's recovered from the show itself and the various adventures getting there - especially you Peter if you read this - so sorry to have missed meeting you and your new additions.  Margaret

Sorry to have missed you too, Margaret.  I had my TT badge on, but at some points I was just whizzing through the aisles.
Next time I will make sure I will be there before opening and after closing !  bear_grin

I did manage to stay on after the doors were officially closed and that was a rather strange experience.   All the tables were being cleared (some very fast, some more slowly); all the bears that had not found new owners being stowed away in boxes and bags.   It made me feel a bit sad really.  bear_sad    I was amazed though how much thought goes into the planning of the display, lighting and stuff.   I would love to see everyone put up their stalls in the morning one day.

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website

Please don't forget that I am looking for stories/photos of Hugglets for Teddy Bear Times. Unfortunately, I was not able to get around too much to talk to people and take pictures. Please email them to: tbteditor@btinternet.com

Hugs

Dawn

PS Peter - don't be sad at the bears being packed away. I will freely admit that I have never had a complete sell out at a show. On the other hand, I have never made a bear that did not find a new home (eventually) sometimes it just takes a bit longer. Molly was around for ages before she caught your eye - and look how that story turned out!!!!! 

XXX

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website
peterbear wrote:

I was amazed though how much thought goes into the planning of the display, lighting and stuff.   I would love to see everyone put up their stalls in the morning one day.

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Peter - I think you would love to see everything being set up - it never ceases to amaze me when I look at my stand with all the props and boxes and shelves etc., that it all came out of the back of a battered Fiat Punto!

It is always a serious race against time though - now that Hugglets is half an hour earlier, we barely have time for breakfast at the hotel before setting off!

bear_smile  bear_smile  bear_smile  bear_smile  bear_smile  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Hey Peter, I'm sure someone would love to have you as an assistant one day, then you can see everything behind the scenes  bear_laugh

Board footer