Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Karon Posts: 751

Yes, I am!

I have SO many things I thought were lost ... an old mobile phone that I use as an alarm clock ... cos it got a very load ring, a cheque book, LOADS of bear making equipment, a pattern I promised to share (YOU know who you are!), a camera battery, a couple of DVDs.  And there is still a lot to tidy, somewhere they is an expensive bottle of perfume waiting to be rediscovered!

I have really quite enjoyed re-finding this stuff.

bear_original Karon

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow - you go, girl!  Maybe if I clean up my work table, I can find lots of treasures, too.  It's about a foot deep (no kidding) in STUFF!

Hi Sue Ann

I BELIEVE you about the 1 FOOT high stuff!

Karon

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

You guys are cute.  I looked for a whole day trying to find a container of safety pins I always keep on the counter in my studio.  Just could not find them.   Yesterday,  I clean up and there they were under one of the piles.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

I always end up going to the store to buy new items because I can't find them in my disorganized craft closet. I really need to tidy mine up too!

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

I can't even get in mine at the moment - not only  is the table about a foot high in STUFF but the floor is covered and the shelves I know are in there somewhere.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

LOL, Clare

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

I wish I had a craft room to mess up  bear_grin   I do most of my sewing in the living room in 'my corner'  bear_grin  My bear bits and bobs are kept in various sized plastic boxes.  It sounds organised BUT I keep forgetting what I have in each box and end up rummaging through them all  bear_whistle

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

OMG guys - I thought I was the only one who had a work area they couldn't see for the mess!!!  :redface:

Makes me glad to know I'm not alone!!! :crackup:  :crackup:

Hugs,
Marg  bear_original

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website

I have to tidy mine a bit this week - my boiler is being serviced on Friday and he will want to get to all the radiators in the house - I really dread the annual boiler service - there really is nowhere to hide, and I always seem to get the engineer that just does not get artistic messiness!

Also, I find I have the brain of a two year old in that if I do not see it, it does not exist! Therefore I have to have everything on show or at least very clearly labelled!  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Clare

Your craft room sounds VERY familiar.  I think I would feel really at home!

Densteds Densteds
Website

Karen, you gave me the incentive to clean up my bear room and guess what I found....a husband & 2 dogs..I've been looking everywhere for them  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Good for you Karon!

Oh I love this. I have been working and I'm in a grove with a show coming up and all, and I keep thinking I should stop and tidy up, but I don't want to throw off my groove!

I knwo from past experience that the mess itself will soon thow it off---I'll clean it up then!

Deinse, too funny!

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

I did a mini tidy up, one set of bear parts done and away, and start all over again with another 5.  Oh well!

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

It's so nice to hear that I'm in good company!  bear_grin  I had to do a mini clean up on the bear supplies I keep in the living room as we had company coming.  I found all sorts of things I thought were lost forever.  After our addition is finished, I'm going to do a major overhaul on my "bear room/studio", but I don't imagine I'll be any better at keeping it tidy.  Some may beg to differ with me on this, but I feel part of being an artist is being able to let the "less important" things go in order to freely create.  It seems I have to switch to the other side of my brain to tidy up and my brain just doesn't want to do that!   :doh:  Plus... where to find the time?

Ah well - Melissa, the problem is when things get TOO bad it is possible for the Artist in you to switch off!  My craft room situation is just not conducive to a creative environment - if you know what I mean  :crackup:

:hug:

lisaastrup Astrup Bears
Slangerup- Copenhagen
Michelle Helen wrote:

I always end up going to the store to buy new items because I can't find them in my disorganized craft closet. I really need to tidy mine up too!

most of us do    bear_grin  but every time I think of it, a bear has to be done
right NOW     bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle

lisaastrup Astrup Bears
Slangerup- Copenhagen
Densteds wrote:

Karen, you gave me the incentive to clean up my bear room and guess what I found....a husband & 2 dogs..I've been looking everywhere for them  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Oh dear, that is a good one   :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

my husband and 2 cats has not dissapeared yet.... bear_rolleyes

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website
Karon wrote:

Ah well - Melissa, the problem is when things get TOO bad it is possible for the Artist in you to switch off!  My craft room situation is just not conducive to a creative environment - if you know what I mean  :crackup:

:hug:

Karon... I'm with you on that!  I just use my artistic temperment as an excuse for a mess.  :crackup:

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

I have finally started cleaning mine today. It is going to take me more than just one day to get it clean though. It is a HUGE HUGE mess!!!!!!!!There is always an excuse to not clean. I would much rather start working on another bear rather than clean.But I promised myself that I would start cleaning after last weeks show. I did the Teddy bear Jubilee show in Kansas City, Mo. and didn't want to stop and clean before finishing all my bears for the show.
I went and got more large totes and some small drawers to keep things in.  Hopefully I can get it nice and organized soon------at least by the end of the year! :crackup:
The mess really has been making me crazy lately.
Beth

Sherroy Sarchie
Tasmania

I'm using the dinning room table, my spare room needs a clean out. I've been trying to get on to it for sometime now lol, maybe this weekend. lol

teeeej Brisbane

My bear making space is generally my bedroom, which looks like a hurricane hit it most of the time. I was supposed to use the spare room but Mum went and put a queen sized bed in there so there is no room (didn't stop me from cramming all my extra stuff in there though hehe :lol:). Most of my mohair lives in a box in the office, which also is where I use my sewing machine. I am overdue for a major cleanup and I need to relocate some of my bears into my display cabinets. They are seriously taking over my bedroom, everywhere I look there is a bear!

Board footer