Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

IMG_0805.JPGIMG_0792.JPGI finally got round to using very small cotterpins. I used them on these two critters. They are the smallest I could find. I left a big back opening so I could get them in. I never did get very good at string jointing. Anyone else use them? They are not too bad to use. They were about 4mm!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I have teeny cotter pins and teeny washers bear_original  I am not sure of the size though  - these two are awesome!!!  bear_thumb

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I'm able to get the really tiny cotterpins from Stephanie but haven't found a source for the washers. Kim, can you share were you get washers? I've been to Home Depot, Canadian Tire, etc etc and they all look at me like I'm crazy when I show them the size I want. I only have a few left that someone gave me a couple of years ago and don't know what I'll do.

Marion

Dilu Posts: 8,574

How cute Amanda!!!  Intercal has tiny discs -  andthe hubs brought home some things from the hardware store that are also small...I would like smaller cotter pins though- anything bigger than an inch seems too hard to turn.  I have to small cotterpin turners too.

I like the cotterpins and discs better than string jointing.....now I just have to get better at it.

Intercal has 1/4 inch discs  and small cotterpins:  7/64 x 1-1/2"

http://www.intercaltg.com/catalog/suppl … fiberboard

so go to this link and take a look, maybe you can find what you are looking for

hugs

dilu

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I think I would like shorter cotter pins.....but I am wondering if there is a point where you can't roll them if they are any shorter?

dilu

Brockville, Ontario

I got the small cotterpins from Stephanie and by small, I mean really small, for the really small bears. Since she also sells the disks and they apparently come with a very small hole - she doesn't have the washers. Now I have a large supply of disks but they have a larger hole and need washers but the washers have to be really really small cause of the small head on the cotterpins. I don't think Intercal has the really small ones.

Marion

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I heard somewhere that hobby places that sell model trains, model car stuff have the tiny little washers.

I think I even heard that here.

Brockville, Ontario

Yeah, that sounds familiar. Now to find that proverbial hobby shop in downtown Brockville! not!

Marion

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Come on, there must be hundreds around you.. he he he

I can check around me. Won't cost much to send I"m sure.

Brockville, Ontario

If you can get me the really really small cotterpins you would be my favourite!!!
If you like I'll send you a couple of the really small cotterpins so you can use them for a guide.

Marion

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I thought I was your favorite anyway!!! he he he
I'll check on Thursday. I have some of those TINY cotter pins for Sassy, so I think I know what you're looking for.

Brockville, Ontario

yes but that was yesterday and what have you done for me lately! I'm like a teenager with a very short memory span but if you can find those teeny cotterpins I'll remember longer!
  :dance:  bear_wub
Marion

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I got mine off Sassy! Very small. My bears above are 2 1/2 to 2 3/4" but the limbs are even smaller if you get what I mean. I turn them with scissor type things I got with my forceps. Just leave a bigger gap opening, in fact I sew just over half of the body then ladder stitch up after.

Board footer