Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi to all you hard-working challengees!!  I'm starting a new thread for posting our progress (starting tomorrow - January the 9th).  The original thread is getting loooooooong.  Some of you may already be in tomorrow, so welcome to our first completed week of torture!  I have good news and bad news, but will let tell all tomorrow.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn-Before.jpgOkay - since it doesn't like much being tomorrow at my house, I'm gonna go ahead and post.  I'll have a busy morning, so don't know when I'll be logging on. Am sheepishly posting my "BEFORE" photo (aaaaarrrrggghhh), but feel it will motivate me even further not to give up until I meet my goal.  Well, the good news is that I lost - ta da - 4 1/2 pounds this past week.  The bad news is that I didn't meet my exercise goal which was walk 10 miles . . . I only did 4 miles.  So, I hope to improve this week.  Looking forward to seeing your progress!!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Well Done Sue Ann  bear_thumb  :hug:

Well, i have'nt done badly. I was suprised to find that when i got on the scales this morning i had lost 5lbs!

Must have something to do with shaving my legs ha ha ha  bear_whistle

Keep up the good work Sue Ann - i'm going back to cycling again this week, i have'nt cycled in a long time but am going to give it a try anyway. I suspect i'm gonna be walking like the tin man from Wizard of Oz for the first few days  :doh:  hee hee

Have'nt eaten choccy for AGES! And i don't miss it either!  bear_innocent

Penny xxx

P.S. You don't look very overweight Sue Ann - i would take a pic of myself but my camera can't quite fit me all in har har har  :dance:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

I have had a bad week with the food ..... but I have been walking and lost 1kg...will try to do better this week....Keep up the good work Penny and Sue Ann ..... well done

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Allright I am joining this too.  I need to lose weight for health reasons as my sister who IS fit had 3 major heart attacks.
I am going to weight watchers first meeting was tonight (I'm in Os so it is the night of 9-1-06)
My goal for the next week is to walk at least 4 times this week in the morning.

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Sue-Ann,
                      Excellent ,well done you.  Your picture looks good ,I,m sure you do not have very much to lose.  Well, I too have lost 3lbs and like Penny I have not missed chocolate or cakes at all. Long may it continue ,but with all the support from Teddy Talk I,m sure we will all make it.  Will post a before piccie later.  Hugs Rita xx

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Well, I lost 1 pound this past week. It was a busy week and not the nicest weather, so I didn't get out walking as much as I had hoped, nor did I get ont he Total Gym everyday either.........I should do better this week since I only have 1 day to be out of the house by 6:15 AM!  bear_cry  UGH! bear_whistle

Congrats to you have stayed on schedule  :hug:  keep up the good work  :dance:
:hug:  :hug: 
Ellen

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

I went out shopping with my husband yesterday and saw 2 quotes that I would like to share with you.......
#1. Chocolate makes your clothes shrink
#2. We don't skinny dip, we chunky dunk.

:pray:  :redface:
Ellen

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin OOOHHH Ellen  bear_grin  bear_grin
chunky dunk bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

well done to you all          Matilda bear_thumb

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Well done Sue Ann and Penny! I'm very impressed!

I do not have a scale, but I measured myself, and in a month I will do so again. But that doesn't mean I don't notice anything. Since I've been excersizing, I feel much better and my body moves much better. Even my mother commented on that. I find that i can climb stairs now without having to die. LOL

So, less weight or not, I'm getting more and more fit, and that cant be bad in anyway.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  OK, I admit that I haven't even started--we just got back from my daughter Eleanor's wedding, where I ate my weight in all manner of goodies (piccies when available). On top of my Christmas binge, I've got a pretty impressive middle built up--I hate those big mirrors in hotel bathrooms . . . who wants to know so much?

Anyhow, I get to work today, and ought to have something to share by next Monday. I'll be measuring the porky bits today for purposes of comparison--I'm going by inches, not weight.

Eileen

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

And I thought I had done well to lose 2 pounds!

Way to go girls!!!  :dance:   :clap:

I didn't exercise but one day last week - a 3 mile walk. Will aim to do better this week! I'd like to walk at least 12 miles a week. Aiming for 3 miles 4 times a week.

I started a new medication this week aimed to regulate my hormorne levels (like you all want to know about those!) but the idea is that the hormonal imbalance was effecting my moods which was in turn making me stess eat. I started the medication last Tuesday and already feel so much better mentally and physically! More energy, better state of mind, etc. Amazing!!!!!!!!  bear_grin

Onward......

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Interesting approach Daphine.
Keep us posted on how the meds work.

Good ole stress eating eh??

Now if they only have boredom pills............. bear_whistle

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Thank heaven for drugs. :)

Sue Ann, you fox, you look fabulous.  Congratulations to you on your big numbers this week.  That's a wonderful achievement, as is the walking you DID manage to do.  Yay!!!  What a nice start to the year.

Everyone else who logged lower numbers... kudos to you as well.  It's hard work.

I'm not using a scale either, or even measuring inches.  I know when I'm smaller; I feel better and the clothes get looser and, like Heather said, I move better.  I did pretty good sticking to my eating plan this last week but slipped a few times because, well, dangit, I WANTED to.  Firmer resolve for this week, Shel!

I did take an extremely long hike with my husband, many miles up in to beautiful Bidwell Park here in Chico, that took many hours, so I was happy with that!

Yay, all!

Deb Upstate New York
SueAnn wrote:

Am sheepishly posting my "BEFORE" photo (aaaaarrrrggghhh), but feel it will motivate me even further not to give up until I meet my goal.  Well, the good news is that I lost - ta da - 4 1/2 pounds this past week.  The bad news is that I didn't meet my exercise goal which was walk 10 miles . . . I only did 4 miles.  So, I hope to improve this week.

Sheepishly?  You're adorable.  I only lost one on the scale, and also fell short of my exercise goal.  This is a great idea SueAnn.  It's important to be accountable.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Yahoo . . . everybody has made progress of some kind (Eileen, you had a good excuse)- you girls ROCK!!!  Penny, looks like you've lost the most weight - an extra hug for you!  Thanks for the kind remarks and support from all of you, but I've got a ways to go before I start feeling better looks like.  YES - I'm all for taking meds when they can improve your quality of life!  Way to go, all of us!!!  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

Deb Upstate New York
SueAnn wrote:

YES - I'm all for taking meds when they can enhance your life!

A nice Riesling can also help.  Or a red ... whichever!  A glass of wine with dinner is excellent for getting the ol' digestive process workin'.  There, how's that for justification?

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Wow,girls,you did a wonderful job  :clap:   :clap:  :dance:   :dance: Congratulations!!
Well my goal was to do yoga or weights each day and to not eat any food that I am allergic to. That means especially wheat or dairy. Dang it all,almost everything has wheat and /or dairy so I was so hungry that I ended up not caring by the end of the day and I ate. I have failed miserably  bear_cry   :redface:
I promise to try harder and may try to have only one meal that includes the offending foods. It's very expensive to eat according to my limitations  bear_cry  I do feel better though for eliminating some foods so I'll keep at it.  :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Ricky is still 7 lbs down, which mean dilu is 7 lbs close to tasting chocolate AGAIN!!!

I am holding at 3 lbs.....But i am not trying as hard.  However am doing the yoga.....it is helping a little bit physically and a lot psychologically. 

Since I can't drive to Bible study while on this ne medication, I have had offers from gals who go and I will be able to snag a ride.  I hate to do that- but- maybe its an ok thing. I hate being beholden to any one.....ugh.......

dilu

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Come on everyone  WE CAN DO IT~~~~~

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Okay well I only lost 1lb  :redface:  :redface:   Not much but a little is good!  I only walked 2.5 miles as I hurt my hip - not a very good excuse but the only one that I have.

Jane

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

I'm happy for all of you girls!!!

But my first week of the New Years was too foody!! hahaha no diet for me in January...e010.gif  трапезничает bear_whistle

Huggs, to all healthy girls!! Julia

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Today I tried out some of the recipes in my new weight watchers book.
I must say they are pretty yummy and not hard to make.  I have to tonight look in my pantry and assess what we are having for dinner....
I have stapled my progress chart in the cupboard so each time I open it I see it to remind me to log what I eat and also to remind me to try and have a drink of water first before eating to see if i am really hungry.
I do not want my girls seeing me be silly by not eating, they are so young and impressionable, I want to show them that I can eat well still have the occasional treat and be healthy.
Pleasegive me strength when my darling daughters buy treats for me.  i must gently either refuse or have a little taste and share it with them.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_thumb Well done everyone!  I think the important thing is not to get too wrapped up in it, but just try to make an effort to be better.

This week, I hopped on my scales all hopeful....  bear_cry nope, I'm not doing that again.  I'd lost 1% bodyfat, but stayed at the same weight.  That means I'm shifting things about, and losing the fat...but its not showing in the numbers...so I'm not setting myself up for that again.  The scales go back under the cupboard until I've definitely lost weight, and can simply see it for myself. 

All week I've stuck to my healthier eating, including making packed lunches/dinners if I know we won't be at home.  Its a bit of a pill, but I much prefer that to being stuck eating out, and eating unhealthy.  I've also been faithful to my balance ball routines, but I know I need to add my Bowflex...sigh, whatever happened to just running about, playing all day?  bear_ermm  Kids just seem to burn calories no matter what...I sure miss that metabolism!

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

DebbieD
Really? You find your ball routine isn't enough? I do one a coule times a week and they just kill me! You must be very fit!

Board footer