Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I'm a bit late checking in , but it looks like most of us are seeing progress. That is great girls !!!  I lost 3 pounds ( maybe because I had the flu  :redface: ), I did manage to walk 4 out of the past 5 days, and am drinking more water.  I have a hard time staying away from the choclate tho  bear_innocent

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Nancy Nurse wants you guys to remember that it isn't healthy to loose more than 2-2.5 lbs a week.  So don't beat yourselves up.  You all done good!   Wooo Hoooo

She also wants dilu to remember that missing chocolate is better for the hubs than sabatoging his diet.;

way to go TeddyTalkers.....wooohoooo  what a bunch of "Loosers" weight wise that is....but winners in every other way!!!

Nancy Nurse

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Dilu, talking about Nurse Nancy ...it made me smile ...took me back to when my youngest daughter was little, she WAS Nurse Nancy all her dolls were bandaged even friends dolls and teddies were bandaged, I remember I used to give her smarties for her tablets .. one day she found my iron tablets which were red and looked very much like a smartie and she gave one to my son and daughter ..... they soon spat them out .... needless to say all medication was locked up from then on ..she played the role for many yrs.. infact until we came to Australia....She had an imaginary friend who she talked to and played with for a long time .....it was embarrassing when we went shopping and I had to hold the door open for Sarah, and set a place at the table for her ....... she had a wonderful imagination ....

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277
gotobedbears wrote:

Must have something to do with shaving my legs ha ha ha  :whistle:

Hee hee...maybe I should try that!

Well, as far as the healthy eating and exercising, I've miserably failed this week. I had two all-day shopping trips with my mom last week, which included fast food lunch and dinner. I felt so gross afterwards! I ate enough of that junk to last me a while! I promise I'll do better this week.

As far as the cigarettes go, I get an "A", which is pretty good considering my fiancee, Daniel, lasted about half a day and was back at it. Having him right there smoking isn't exactly helpful, so I'm pretty pleased with myself for behaving!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Good luck to all of you wonderful and brave people. I am so very ashamed that I am not joining you. I have grown into the good year blimp since the big M came into my life. I know I know what a poor excuse huh! I have other issues that should also be addressed but I guess I am just not hitting bottom yet. Anyway, I wish all of you the very best and PLEASE never be to hard on yourself!

Much love Louise  bear_wub

Deb Upstate New York
Dilu wrote:

Nancy Nurse wants ...

At least you didn't sign "Nurse Betty".   bear_grin

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Sandi.S. wrote:

As far as the cigarettes go, I get an "A", which is pretty good considering my fiancee, Daniel, lasted about half a day and was back at it. Having him right there smoking isn't exactly helpful, so I'm pretty pleased with myself for behaving!

I soo proud of you. You're right, it's very tough when people smoke aroung you, but at the same time, if you can handle that, than you have it beat!

Louise Don't beat yourself up either. I should've been doing this years ago, but better to wait untill I'm ready than yo-yo diet.

Thanks, Heather!  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Sandi - good for you. This is MY opinion but I'd have to say that quitting smoking is probably more important than losing weight or exercising if one was to choose. So you go girl! And maybe you'll set an example for Daniel. The time will come when the smell of smoke will make you nauseous (did me anyway) and he won't be able to get anywhere near you. He wouldn't want that!  bear_wub

I fell off the wagon today. I don't know what it was other than that last night I baked yummy rolls to go with our beef stew and today ate two more at lunch which lead to a chocolate craving. I hadn't eaten chocolate for 4 days (A world record for me!) so I'm thinking there is really something to the carb craving thing..... the more you eat, the more you want.

Salad for dinner for me tonight.  bear_sad

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Daphne, don't think about it again.
You did it and it can't be undone but just keep going instead of what I NORMALLY do which is throw  in the towel and go silly.
I know about those cravings though, I tend to crave more chips, biscuits and cakes. 
So girl enjoy your salad and be proud you did!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Daphne, my hubby found (reading somewhere's) that Evening Primrose Oil is supposed to stop carb cravings.  I've no idea if it would hold up to chocolate... I mean, c'mon, its chocolate!...but so far it has helped me fight my sweet tooth cravings...  bear_wub

Heather to be fair, right now I'm only doing the beginner's 30 minute workout that came with the Balance Balls...so not really a workout.  I wanted to ease back into doing the balance ball, because there are so many secondary muscles that can be torn and damaged if you aren't mindful, and give them time to rebuild.  At least that's what I've found for me.  Its better for me to go slow, be mindful, and use quality movements. 

Today was my Bowflex routine, as I simply was NOT in the mood for slow, mindful exercise this morning.  It was a good way to blow the cobwebs.  I'm pretty sure I'll be ready to shift gears though, and do the regular balance ball routines, that is the upper body, lower body, and abs workout.  They really are killers!  but in a good way!  bear_thumb

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Sounds reeeeeaalllly good, ladies - excellent work!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Its been 2 weeks + and  still want chocolate so bad it hurts.....I am substituting with my home grown chex mix.....I found a way to have even less oil and salt....

Daphne
  I hope you really relished the chocolate......I can almost taste it.....sigh

dilu

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Lost two pounds last week, taking the stairs at work and got up early 5:00 AM this morning to work out. Yeah!!!
My goal is two pounds aweek. I have had salad every day for lunch, and a moderate low carb dinner. Doing good so far!!!
I started a vitamin regiment that seems to be controling my urges to over eat. Not feeling tired and drug out that usually makes me want to eat too much.
Kathy

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

I'm doing okay too..have lost 2kg in the first week...BUT that's to be expected when starting a new diet. Most people have a bigger loss in that first week, purely because they are cutting down on the amount of food they are eating.
Just don't go expecting the loss to keep that pace...it won't. (Speaking to myself here as much as anyone!)

Healthy weightloss is I/2 to 1 kg a week. It's very confusing with s talking kilos and the rest of the world talking pounds! It's time you guys went metric! bear_tongue  Mind you...I still need to hear a baby's weight in pounds... bear_ermm

Sue Ann...if I look half as good as you do when I'm your age, I'll be eternally thankful!! bear_laugh  bear_grin  bear_wub

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

On a slightly different tack here but still to do with dieting but far more extreme...................

There have been reports on the radio news today about the Pro Anorexia sites that are available on the internet. Sooo, me being me, i went in search of them and could not believe how many there were!

Here we all are trying to lose weight by eating healthily/less and taking some form of exercise and there are these sites telling people how to lose weight unhealthily and giving out recipes that are the weirdest you will ever come across, that actually have practically NO CALORIES  :doh:

They also recommend eating plans (!) for a day containing just over 100 calories per day!  Now i don't know about you but if i had to exist on just 100 cals a day i'd be dead in a month!

After reading some of these sites i am feeling REALLY HUNGRY, is some sort of reverse psycology going on here i wonder - if reading the sites made me hungry i wonder if it makes the anorexics hungry too? and would'nt that defeat the object of visiting a Pro An site????

Anyways, i'm just rattling on as usual so...
....i'll shut up  :dance:

Penny x

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Oh my, thanks so much, Hayley!!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Oh Penny, that is soo creepy.

I also read somewhere yesterday, that alot of bulemia and anorexia problems start off with someone just trying to loose weight and get too carried away.

So everyone, remember, please eat!!! Just not all the junk we're used to eating. LOL

DebbieD Sounds like we're doing the same thing with our balance ball. I'm finding at this point, 30 mins of that is plenty. Sure wish I had a bowflex though............

Well, I have no plan to starve myself. I love to eat! I'd like to just trade in some less-healthy choices for more healthy choices just for the sake of being healthier-not as a diet. And I know I'll still eat the junk too, but just not as often. I've never had a weight issue until post-pregnancy. Most of it has melted away by doing absolutely nothing, but those extra pounds are visibly hanging around my waist. So exercise is the real key for my success...which I have finally started!  bear_grin

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

No chance here of becoming like that.  I really enjoy eating which is why I went with the weight watchers, you can eat what you want but all in moderaton.
So if i want some chocolate I note it down and make sure I don't have anything else that is high in fat.
I am a role model for 4 girls so I refuse to teach them bad habits.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_sad Gosh, PRO Anorexic???   bear_sad  Not only is that really creepy, it sends the totally wrong message to women.  I want to be at my healthy weight....with the emphasis on HEALTH.  Pics of anorexic people just creep me out, and more than once I've commented on a teen or early 20 something needing to add a good 10 lbs just to look healthy.  Now granted, youglings can go through a fast growth stage at times and be caught out looking underweight...I did that myself when I was around 16, but it corrected itself within 4-6 months...but there's a difference between a growth spurt, and looking like that.

I was so proud of myself this morning!  I was finally able to do my Bowflex, plus balance ball, plus some breathing exercises this morning  bear_thumb   Getting there slowly but surely  bear_thumb

nettie scotland
Website

I watched a documentary on the proana websites last night with my 16 year old daughter.She has a perhaps a half stone of excess weight if that and has a lovely figure.She eats like a horse but compensates by walking miles with our dogs and trampolining every night and doing dancing at school.She decided after watching the programme that she was now quite fond of her little pot belly.It must be terrible for parents who's kids don't think that way.
I have done twice the amount of exercise,cut out choclate and coke and feel better already.I only weigh myself every couple of weeks so will report weight on monday.
Stay strong everyone !!!

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

Yahoo....After being upset last week cos I only lost 1 pound....this week I've lost 1 kilo (2 pounds).....I don't think its healthy to lose much more than that each week, so I'm pleased with that bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Way to go, Glenys!  I lost 2 more pounds this week to add to my 4 1/2 last week for a total of 6 1/2 lbs.  I only walked 3 miles this week . . . still have LOTS of improvement with my exercising goal.  Don't give up, ladies . . . baby steps will get us there!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Read this somewhere....

"I signed up for an exercise class and was told to wear loose-fitting clothing. If I HAD any loose-fitting clothing, I wouldn't have signed up in the first place!"

Board footer