Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_laugh  Too true  bear_whistle

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

I guess it is time for me to report in. Don't know what I have lost in weight. My clothes don't feel quite as snug as they did a few weeks ago, so I guess I am loosing. Don't want to get on the scale yet.  bear_tongue  Yesterday I did something I have NEVER EVER done before........I actually had to CUT my fingernails! I still "rub" the thumb nails on my teeth, but haven't bitten them for over a month now..... friends are amazed, and my husband was shocked that I could peel off a piece of tape the other day without using a knife! Not used to them yet, but I like the way they look.  bear_original  bear_original  Also would like to report that I have not had a smoke since Dec. 30th. although I did wish for one the other day as I drove an hour to a CPR class.......but did not give in!

So, how long do I have to keep my resolutions????????  bear_grin  bear_innocent  :pray:
bear_smile  :hug:  Ellen

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

GREAT, WONDERFUL, SUPER, Ellen . . . girl, you rock!!  Keep it up, keep it up - you are doing supremely well.  Bravo!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Wow congratulations all you lovely Ladies ...
SueAnn you are an inspiration to us all and thanks for posting your beautiful
photo of yourself.

Well, as you know my Family have had a holiday in Australia  and we lived like Kings and Queens going out to dinner every night and eating fabulous meals.
We did walk for miles along the beaches and around all the shopping centres.
Shelli you did ask where the bikini photos were.... well I don't really think I would be
game enough to show them on here for everyone to see.

We are now back and I am able to get to walk our beloved dog Heidi and have started
eating in a much  healthier way.
The problem was that I have gone and got the flu so have spent the past three days
in bed and not really felt like eating much. I have lost 4 pounds ( not the way I would
of liked it to come off)
So I take my hat off to all you for the great willpower you have had to hide those chocolate bars and get out doing your walking and exercises.
Best of luck to you all.
Big hugs
Carolyn

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Last week I put on ...... but this week I am sticking to it so far and walking ...so will post on Monday

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:clap:  Well done, everybody!  :hug:

I'm proud to report that I've lost ONE WHOLE INCH off my waistline simply by running out of Christmas choccies! I guess it's time to try something even bolder . . .

Eileen

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Ok, I wanna join in. The only problem for me is exercise. I have a damaged back and a balance problem that's here to stay, as soon as I start to do exercise the pain gets worse. Anyone know a good website with exercises for people like me? I need to exercise whilst sitting.
I just tried an exercise that my daughter Sarah does and was on the floor unable to get up without help.   bear_cry  I've now dosed myself up on the morphin that the hospital has put me on so I should be Ok very soon.  bear_thumb

Hail to the Morphin!!!!!!!!!!! No joking apart, I really, desperately need to loose weight in a BIG way, but a the exercise part is so limited for me it is not easy. PLEASE everyone be my diet buddies and any sugestions of exercises would be much appreciated.  bear_thumb

Jane  bear_flower

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Wow what a great support group you all are!

Jane -
I don't know of anything you can do. The best advice I can give you is to talk to your doctor.

YOU LADIES ROCK!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  Jane,

One of the best ways for women to lose fat is to build muscle by lifting free weights--nothing too heavy, but many repetitions with the same weight until you can advance to something heavier. The idea is that the more muscle tissue you have, the faster your metabolism burns fat.

You could certainly do this while sitting, though it would be important to have good back support.

Dilu would know more about this, but I understand that it works best for women.

Check this out: http://www.lifetimetv.com/reallife/heal … train.html

Eileen

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh Thanks so much Eileen I have saved the exercises to my computer.

Hugs Jane   bear_flower

Pipa UK

Did i read that correctly or are my eyes playing games with me ?  bear_laugh 

gotobedbears wrote:

Have'nt eaten choccy for AGES! And i don't miss it either!  bear_innocent

Penny xxx

P:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  You're welcome, Jane! I've just started a modest weight-lifting regime myself. I spend so much time sitting at my computer that I need to do something!

Eileen

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Jane, another thing you can do is mild stretching.  You'll want to do take the stretch just to where you feel the pull, and then hold it there, breathing into the stretch, and consciously trying to get that muscle to relax.  Sometimes you can stretch a bit further, but other times not.  Just go with what your body will allow.  Overtime, you will be able to stretch further. 

A lot of people think stretching is useless, because its nothing drastic, but it elongates the muscles, and still increases the circulation to the muscling...all of which will help with the weight loss.  Many of the stretches can be done from a chair and you can modify, modify, modify to suit your needs.  bear_flower

For myself, I've done *okay* with my goals this week.  I've added my Bowflex on alternate days to my daily balance ball routine, and thrown in some stretching with my breathing exercises.  It sounds like a lot, but really only 1/2 daily, 1 hour every other day.  I've got one of those bodies that takes a beating and hangs onto the fat forever....pooh.   bear_sad

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I agree with Jared to talk to your doctor. A few trips to a physical therapist can get you on an exercise program that you can do at home, SAFELY!

I'm a huge beliver in stretching. And this may strengthen your back muscles if done properly (again, go see that doctor) so that you'll have less pain around the area that is injured.

What about a stationary bicycle or a tread mill where you have bars on the sides to hang on to for balance?

On a different note.... I refuse to step on the scale tomorrow!!! I know I've gained back a pound or two as I've been really bad this week with FOOD and haven't gotten exercise either. Even my face is FAT! I have no excuse. It's just lack of discipline! Oh, but then there is the little fairy at the grocery store who sneaks cookies and chocolate into my cart when I turn my back. That's got to be how all that stuff gets in there!?!?!?!  bear_whistle

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

I thought I'd been bad this week too and was scared to step on those scales, but to my astonishment I've lost another pound!!!  Must be the heat and all the water I've been drinking....I must be washing all the fat away bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Yahoo for all of you!!  (Think I'd make a great poet laureate???  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh )

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

bear_sad  I got on the scale thins morning.......no weight loss........I guess that is why I never continue with a routine. I have been working on the Total Gym, walking much faster with the dog, drinking lots of water, trying to eat healthier (including my oatmeal, yuck, every morning) and I loose no weight. I thought I had, because my clothes feel like they aren't as tight............ bear_ermm

2 successes going still, no smokes and I still have nails......had to cut them the other day......... :dance:
Ellen

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Hi All - i forgot to weigh-in last week (sounds like i'm in a prize fight does'nt it) but i weighed myself this morning and have lost 2lb!

Not bad going - in all i've lost 7lbs in 3 weeks and i don't mind just losing 1 or 2 pounds a week or even not losing any - just so long as i don't put any ON!!!!

Gosh i'm tired today - need choccy perhaps? cream cake? extra large meat feast pizza?

Oh okay then - i'll have a banana (ugh)  bear_tongue

Penny - thinner but no wiser  bear_wacko

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

I'm a little short in the self-discipline department too! It's the exercising that I'm not sticking too and unfortunately that's what I need most! I did exercise this week but shamefully not as much as I know I should. However, my lazy butt has been cooking more which equals less junky take-out. So that's good, right?

And I also have to admit something bad...Friday I was having a really bad day when something happened that just put me over the top. Daniel was smoking at that moment and I took it from him. Yes, I know-BAD! But...I only had two puffs and gave it back. And it tasted like I stuck my tongue straight into the ashtray so I'm pretty sure I won't do it again! And I don't consider this failing. Yes, I did slip but I didn't enjoy it and I immediately jumped back on the wagon. So I'm still heading in the right direction. I have to say, Ellen, I am very proud of you. You're doing great and I know it's not easy!  bear_wub

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Sandi, you are strong. YOu didn't fail, you're right. You had just to see how nasty is was one last time......

I just wanted to say I've very proud of everyone. It sure helps to know other people are trying the same thing you are.

I'm happy to announce that I'm much skinnier now. I don't know my weight, but it doesn't matter. My clothes are too big now and my boyfriend can't keep his hands off me. Very cool

I've never tried to loose weight before, but this really helps.

THANKS SUE ANN FOR STARTING IT ALL FOR ME! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Ellen, Sounds like you are loosing fat and gaining muscle so although the scales don't say it, you are on the right track! Keep up the great work on all your changes!!

Sandi
, I think what you did was great! I'd say you passed an important test.

Heather & Penny, way to go!!

Yes, Sue Ann... thanks for giving us all the push we needed to make some important changes in our lives.

Now then, I gained 1 pound. OK, maybe 2. This time it all went to my face!?!?! What's up with that? I look like I'm having an allergic reaction to something that caused my face to swell into a balloon! Grr! (OK, I feel better. Had to get that out!) So, I devoured the remaining chocolate in the house last night so that I could start the week off with no temptation and hopefully do better!!!

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

hahah Daphne, I am keeping my daughter company, we both 3 months pregnant now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ahh well, any excuse, but I do need and want to do something, the mad thing is that I actually do not have much to loose. I gave up with the walk/running, as my brain was wobbling too much like jelly. Saw the Dr today and she said that with my medication I have to drink water, which is something I do not do. Also she made me promise that I have to see another Dr. for tests, not related to weight but something else, so I now must go in for these tests, I have to go on a liquid diet for 3 days before the tests, which are then done under anaesthetic. She has also suggested that I write a book, which she will edit about my life/ experiences , so its been an eventfull day with one thing and another.
Much easier just to make teddy bears !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bear_tongue
Lynette

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh, poo, you guys made me cry like a little baby.

I've been pretty stressed out since Friday due to the same circumstance that triggered me to steal Daniel's cigarette. So, being emotional in the first place; reading your supportive comments was really touching. Thank you!  :hug:

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Well i have been trying to cut out sweet things tro get me going i am not doing to bad

Board footer