Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

:dance:   :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
I lost  again this week.  1.7 kg (3.75 pounds).  I almost fell off the scales when i heard it (I was at a meeting)  so that is a toal of 2.5kg (5.51pounds)
So the walking and the cahnging my eating habits is working!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Nobody, but NOBODY is failing here!!  All of you are trying and that's the important thing!  If we don't make any progress one week, then there's next week to do better.  I promise you all the only thing that will defeat us is not to try!  That said - I'll have to confess that I did poorly this past week - MY BAD!  I actually gained 1/2 lb. and walked only 4 miles.  <sigh>  But, I will do better this week - hopefully!  Keep on keepin' on, y'all!!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:clap:  :clap: I'm really impressed reading about everyone's progress  :clap:  :clap:   I think I chose an easy one by just wanting to eat healthier...you gals tackling quitting smoking and giving up chocolate have my utmost respect  :pray:   

A week ago I braved my scales and was elated to have lost a whole 3 lbs.  I couldn't wait to share the news, so I blurted it to hubby.  His response?  "Is that all?"  bear_cry   So I vowed to let him come to his own conclusions and not bother telling him about any progress.  I've been plinking along steadily, and this morningheld my breath to hop on the scales this morning (telling myself the whole while not to get bummed.  I was happy to see I've lost another 2lbs (so five total) and even better, I've dropped another 2% bodyfat.   :dance:   I know its incredibly slow progress.....but I'm getting there!   bear_tongue I just feel like the tortoise sometimes!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Congratulations, Deb . . . incredibly slow still gets you there!  And I think losing gradually lets you keep off the weight better than losing fast.  Weigh (HA!) to go!!

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL
DebbieD wrote:

:clap:  :clap: I'm really impressed reading about everyone's progress  :clap:  :clap:   I think I chose an easy one by just wanting to eat healthier...you gals tackling quitting smoking and giving up chocolate have my utmost respect  :pray:   

A week ago I braved my scales and was elated to have lost a whole 3 lbs.  I couldn't wait to share the news, so I blurted it to hubby.  His response?  "Is that all?"  bear_cry   So I vowed to let him come to his own conclusions and not bother telling him about any progress.  I've been plinking along steadily, and this morningheld my breath to hop on the scales this morning (telling myself the whole while not to get bummed.  I was happy to see I've lost another 2lbs (so five total) and even better, I've dropped another 2% bodyfat.   :dance:   I know its incredibly slow progress.....but I'm getting there!   bear_tongue I just feel like the tortoise sometimes!

Well I think you are making wonderful progress. Let's see him drop 50# in one week, it ain't gonna happen.
I am reminded of every diet program I have ever tried... Healthy weight loss is no more than 2# a week.
just my 2 cents

:hug: Sue Ann and Jare thank you  :hug:   Not only did I need the support, you both have made me laugh  bear_grin

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Okay, folks, this is the fourth week's summary.  Hmmmmm - could be better, but could be worse.  I did lose the 1/2 lb. I gained last week plus 1/2 lb. more for a grand total of 1 measly pound lost.  Sigh - that makes a total of 7 pounds lost since I started.  I walked only five miles for the week, so I do need to vastly improve my exercise - I might lose more weight . . . what a novel idea that is!!  How about the rest of you . . . are we all still in this together??

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Sue Ann, seven pounds is roughly equal to one size... people seem to notice weight loss at around two sizes (or about 14 pounds)... so if you think of it that way, 50% of the work is already done, on the way to extra support in the way of day-to-day compliments!

I have been eating like ... well, barnyard animals come to mind... for my birthday, etc.... so you're ALL ahead of me.  Feel good!!!!  Superior, even!!!!  In that "nice," superior way, I mean.

Hugs to all,

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hmm.... well.... I lost the two pounds I gained last week. Then gained one back again so I'm at a whole 4 pounds lost since this started.  bear_cry   bear_cry

It's my own fault as I can't control the eating. And I've decided that expecting myself to exercise in the middle of winter in January on dirt roads that are forever either snowy, icey or soft and muddy is just stupid. So, round about May when all has melted and the roads have hardened I'll start walking.

Guess I ought to think about dusting off the yoga tapes .........

I'm thinking about it.............    bear_whistle

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Shelli - I LOVE the sound of barnyard animals when they are all eating their food and happy!!! Reminds me of the sound of my dogs chomping simultaneously on their dog food..... also happy!!! So, not that you are a barnyard animal but I can understand the happiness of 'pigging out' on birthday food and being happy! Good for you!  :dance:   :cake:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

images.jpgMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Polo, IL

I am going to try to cut back my portions. That means I'll have a ton of doggie bags in New York.

Daphne -
I have a treadmill that you would be welcome to come over and use but I think the drive kinda kills that idea. he he.

I am not sure what my sister is doing but she has lost about 5#. I think she is just cutting back on how much she eats. She is so happy that her clothes are getting looser. That and she is doing pilates (sp?). I can imagine that is interesting with my niece. Jess said that MaeLynn was trying to help her the other day. I just chuckled to myself.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:clap:  :clap:  Well done, everybody! Persistence is the key--there are bound to be ups and downs-- or, in my case, ins and outs.

I'm proud to report that I've lost another 1.5 inches from my waist (non-waist, actually) since I last fessed up about 2 weeks ago. That's 2.5 total. Gotta work harder, but I'm thrilled at the least bit of progress.

I can actually bend from the waist in a sitting position!

My fat jeans are falling down--need a belt! I don't have one, so I used my measuring tape!

I can get my skinny jeans zipped without lying down!

Eileen

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Shelli - Yup... that's it!!!  bear_tongue

Jared - I'll meet you at toy fair... got room for the treadmill??? I need a new place to throw my clothes!!!  bear_laugh

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I haven't checked in in a couple of weeks either.  I've lost 4 pound total- most in the first week then 1 pound last week.  I've been walking with a friend every day that we can.  The weather was really good until late last week and has been snow, icy and winter came back   bear_sad .  However, we walked today anyway.  I've been bad with the eating- slap my hands a045.gif  .  I swear the harder I try the more I crave it !  Oh well, I'm trying to get my 8 glasses of water a day, but then I spend half the day well.....in the bathroom   c030.gif   !!!!!!!

Keep going girls and guys.  Just think, we'll be able to order smaller shirts when we get our TT ogo created.  :dance:

Well I'm happy to report I've lost another 1.5 lbs....and this morning hubby said he was truly proud of my exercising  :hug:  Yippeee!!  And this morning I was able to add on to my Balance Ball routine, by doing the advanced version for the upper body.  Uggghhh!  Its killer, but I should eventually see some muscles appear  bear_tongue

I've done one 'oops' with my diet, and had too many carbs in the way of a second helping of raw peanuts...ohhhh did I pay dearly for that!  bear_shocked   I suddenly couldn't breathe and felt absolutely awful.  I dashed to my first aid kit and took some powdered plantain for poisoning and within about 15 minutes I could breathe again.....thank goodness for plantain!   bear_tongue  I have to say, that's put me back on the straight and narrow for my diet. 

.....now if only I could get my portions down...I'm with ya Shelli....Mooooooooooo!!!!!  munch munch munch  bear_rolleyes

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

I didn't lose ANYTHING this week...but that's better than gaining I spose.

I'm not going to get down about it because you girls and guys make me laugh.

Mmmoooooooooo back!! bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

bear_grin I'm not sure its really supposed to be focused on losing weight, so much as just trying to be healthier....or in my case, not reaching for the bags of chips  bear_whistle  bear_grin

:hug: Please don't get down...just keep trying your best.  Afterall, as you said, you haven't gained...and that's half the battle in my opinion!   bear_grin  :hug:

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Well despite a really naughty weekend  :cake:   :cake: 
I still lost. Must be all the walking I am doing!

Polo, IL

Daphne - will you be at Toy Fair? Do come by and say hi. Booth #3079 (I think)

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Jared... I can only wish..... Mindy's post and hearing you post about it make me want to be there so badly. I worked for an educational toy store for a time and went to Toy Fair with the owner twice.... it was sooooo exciting! You can betcha I'd stop by and say hello if I was coming!!! I wish you and your mom heaps of success and fun and some sleep in between!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

I just have to confess in a very tiny voice that I am doing terribly and not trying a whit and today I ate six pieces of Almond Roca in two minutes

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

You go girl!!!!
You aren't alone. This week's weakness are Chocolate Hersey Kisses filled with peanut butter!   bear_tongue

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

untitled.jpgHow to weigh yourself and get the most accurate result.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Board footer