Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Gatehouse Bears wrote:

Oh, Poooooh, I haven't lost anything this week, but I didn't gain any either, so I guess that's something.  Hurt my knee again on the weekend, running around the dog show ring, but I didn't feel a thing at the time....won Best in the Toy Group with Penny Pug...Yay!!......And to tell the truth we did celebrate with a bowl of spaghetti with butter and cheese!!!

Wow, big congratulations for you and Penny - that's awesome!  Bet that spaghetti tasted extra good - but sorry about your knee!

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Congrats about the about the show.... i swear my next dog will be a pug.  Too bad about the knee.
that's worth the spaghetti!!

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Since this started, I have stuck to doing tummy excercises,walking/jogging got lost along the way, I went in one direction they went in another.
My diet, also got lost, but was returned. After sending blood samples for testing to the UK, it was found that I have a intolerance to Yeast, egg yolk, and oats. This means for the next 9-12 months I have to cut food products containing this from my diet. This means no cakes, bread, vinegar, muffins etc., which will automatically result in a weight loss, which after a few days I can already see. The biggest thing is to see if I can stop the irritating cough which wakes me during the night, and has been for the past 18 months.
With my immune system continually under stress by attacking these food intolerances, it makes you more susceptible to other health problems, and could be why I am always tired and lack energy, so it will be interesting to see how things develop.
bear_original
Lynette

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:hug: You gals are doing GREAT!!!!  :hug:   I see so many improvements...running up 13 flights of stairs, not gnawing off fingernails (and I KNOW how tough that habit is!  My friends have struggled with that for years), and NO cigarettes, or only a little puff here or there.  WOW ~ you gals are amazing!  bear_flower

I think the important thing is that we stay focused on simply being healthier with the occasional treat here and there....afterall, without the treat, what's the point???  I have to say for myself, my first 'treat' came after Valentine's Day.  Hubby and I went to see "The Pink Panther" in the theater and I had it replete with popcorn and a few sips of soda.  Now for those who don't know, I've been following the Atkins diet since mid December, and my carbs have been restricted with no sugars, so popcorn is a HUGE no no normally.  And my body let me know so in no uncertain terms after the movie, BUT I enjoyed the first few bites fully  bear_grin   As for the soda, I was dying of thirst from the salty popcorn but bleah that stuff tastes awful  bear_tongue   Ick! 

My second 'treat' has been this past Saturday when I had a Fosters Bitter for celebration.  Oh my, I'm not sure what happened, but my body said "no THANK YOU" big time!  It tasted great, but boy did I pay the price afterwards....stuffy nose, troubles breathing, upset tummy...the lot.  I think from here on out, I'll be more chosey with my 'treat's and stick to something that doesn't go in my mouth! 

My exercising slipped after a particularly painful, but breakthrough acupuncture session.  Took me two whole weeks to recover from it, but in a good way.  Unfortunately, I haven't been motivated to go back to my exercise...which is weird because I love my balance ball routines.  ???  bear_wacko

The scales  :twisted: ?  I haven't been near them.  Prior to the Valentine's splurge I was constantly pulling my pants up and needed a belt.  Now sadly the pants are still looser, but not falling down.  So I know I need to relose some weight, and it will come back off...but I was doing so well!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Glenys, congrats the Pugs win!
I would celebrate too!!!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:redface: OH I feel so inadequate next to all you champs (including Penny Pug!)--Congratulations, all. :clap:

I haven't reported in for some time, so I thought I'd better jump back in before I lost my nerve altogether.

No progress to report, but no regress, either. I seem to have hit a plateau. I suspect I need to try harder.

Then last week I managed to close an aluminum storm door on my little toe bear_wacko It's not broken, but it hurts like the dickens.

At least I won't be overcome by excess chocolate again until Easter!

Eileen

Board footer