Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

For those of you who have a blog with Blogspot, can you answer a question for me?
I've been searching through their FAQs and cannot find an answer to this: I have 2 Blogspot titles reserved which I intend to activate in Dec. One will be geared more toward showing my current products for sale.

I see many blogs which do this but I cannot find any that post the prices - - and here's my question: is it against the policies to list actual prices on Blogspot next to the goods? I don't want to get in trouble before I even begin - - - - -
TIA!

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

I've never heard of a problem selling.  Looking at the Terms Of Service, part 2, 'Proper Use', these paragraphs may be of interest:

'Much of the content of Blogger.com and Blogspot.com -- including the contents of specific postings -- is provided by and is the responsibility of the person or people who made such postings. Google does not monitor the content of Blogger.com and Blogspot.com and takes no responsibility for such content. Instead, Google merely provides access to such content as a service to you.

By their very nature, Blogger.com and Blogspot.com may carry offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate material, or in some cases, postings that have been mislabelled or are otherwise deceptive. We expect that you will use caution and common sense and exercise proper judgement when using Blogger.com and Blogspot.com.

Google does not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of any communications posted via the Service or endorse any opinions expressed via the Service. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted via the Service will be at your own risk.'

I think the gist of this is that you can do what you like and they're not responsible for it!  Looking further down at part 7, you can't sell your blog, but that's the only mention I can see of selling

HTH

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I've never had a problem Bobbie.  I think some people just don't post their prices and just tell anyone who is interested to email for the price.  The collector side of me does not like this.  I just want to know the price w/o having to ask.  I would be too embarrassed if I expressed interest in a piece only to have it be too expensive for me.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I have stated my reserve prices on items I have listed on ebay.  No one has complained.

Joanne

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

No problems here, Bobbie.  I have a bear for sale on my blog with the selling price and have not had a complaint.  Go for it!

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

I have posted prices of available bears (unless they are available from my shops then I link to my shops). Nothing I can find in the in the terms of use prohibits this.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Bobbie,
     I put my prices on my pieces in red (www.duffyantiques.blogspot.com)  When they sell, I  mark them as sold.  I don't believe there are any issues - a lot of artists are selling from their blog.

hugs,

Brenda

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

You can list the price. You can have PayPal buttons. Anything goes!

The website for my events is done on blogger and the page on that blogger site for the Chicagoland show has paypal buttons for collectors to register for workshops, evening reception, etc. See? www.chicagolandteddybearshow.com

I've used PayPal buttons on blogger for various things for a while now... since I started seeing others do it! No problems and no, it's not against the rules.

suburban Chicago

That is exactly what I needed to know! I always come here first - you guys are the Best!!

Of all places, I found the step-by-step instructions on how to navigate through building a site on Blogspot on the Family History Blogspot. Lisa Louise Cooke tell every single jit & jot but she was building genealogy sites, not sales ones and I didn't find that bit. THX Katy for quoting them exactly, and Laura, Joanne, Sue, Tami, Brenda & Daphne for your input.

Laura, I'm with you in not wanting to make contact until after I've seen the price - just like in any other marketplace. If you have to make contact first, it leads some sellers into putting you on their mailing list or other ways on dunning you with further contact; you just would rather know their price range going into that initial contact.

I will certainly look in on all of your sites later - just stealing these few minutes on my break as computer time but I'm working flat out for Schaumburg (this weekend!!)and an AZ show & workshop and I hope we can meet again, Joanne, after the 14th of Nov (I'll contact the others.)

It's exciting to have the new Blogspot venture to look forward to!

Furgotten Bears Furgotten Bears

I've been doing some digging around on this and the general reaction is: most people seem to think you can't sell from your blog, however lots of folk do, even adding paypal buttons etc, below is a forum response I belong to with the same question.

Hi 

You can sell stuff on your blog. You could put a contact number and/or email address on the blog. You could add a Paypal or Google checkout button, so that people can pay if you are going the mail order route. Don't forget postage/shipping costs.

The most important thing is that people should be able to trust you to deliver their goods. I can't see many people buying goods from a random blogger unless they can trust you to deliver. If you have an ebay account, add this to your blog so that people can see that you are trustworthy.
Hope this helps.

Bloomsburg, PA
rkr4cds wrote:

That is exactly what I needed to know! I always come here first - you guys are the Best!!

I will certainly look in on all of your sites later - just stealing these few minutes on my break as computer time but I'm working flat out for Schaumburg (this weekend!!)and an AZ show & workshop and I hope we can meet again, Joanne, after the 14th of Nov (I'll contact the others.)

It's exciting to have the new Blogspot venture to look forward to!

I do believe that Janice, Alison and I have plans for a road trip Bobbie to see you and meet the other artists.

suburban Chicago

Thx Darren, for that added bit. Yes, I'll add the link for my eBay Feedback - it helps to show that one is dependable!

Anytime during the last 2 weeks on Nov is great for me, after the Signing at Mostly Bears, but Alison's involved there too, and I'm thinking that she too won't have time before that's over either I'll bet!
There's Thanksgiving in there, plus I have one quick Road Trip to do.
We leave on 2 Dec - so you 3 should pick the time/day/place when you can all co-ordinate and I'll be there - and not wait in the vestibule an hour!!
Are there any other Phoenix-area TTers??

Bloomsburg, PA

Mostly bears knows that Janice and I are coming to meet everyone.  I was not sure if Alison was taking part or not, she was still unsure when we last talked about it in August.  So it will be Janice and I coming I think.  We don't care if we wait. 

I will see if I can contact Felisha, maybe we can all get together before you leave.

Joanne

Board footer