Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

I am working on my site a bit at a time I have just added a web counter I should like to know if it is working properly , could some of you kind teddy friends try it for me  :redface:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Estelle, just visited your site... can see the counter.  You should have one more visit recorded at this point!

One possible concern... your photos, particularly your top photo, are loading very slowly... and I have high speed internet (DSL/broadband.)

Did you save them at 72dpi and "optimized" for the web?

People who have dialup will take ages to view your site and may give up in frustration, otherwise.

Better to hear this now than when you're finished and have to re-do entirely!

Hope this is helpful!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Well I made counter number 38!   bear_thumb  I'll agree with Shelli, I'm on high speed DSL, and I'm surprised at how slowly some of the pictures are taking to load.  With my  computer, if it takes too long, I just get a stupid box with a red x in it  bear_cry

Shelli, when you say to save your digital pics at 72 dpi ...does this mean when you download the pic from the camera?  Or is there a setting on my camera I should be finding??

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I ALWAYS shoot pictures at 300dpi and then downsize to 72dpi in my photo editor.  Otherwise, I might end up with pictures I'd really like to print... but can't, because the resolution just isn't there.

So don't use this setting on your camera unless you're absolutely, positively, certain you will NEVER want those 72dpi photos for anything other than web use.  That's really all that 72dpi is good for.  It looks awful in print.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_thumb Okay, so I look for something to resize my photos in a photo editor thingy....  I wish my new camera was compatible with my old photo software.  We tried everything to get it to match on the Windows XP, but finally had to ditch it.  I've got two new versions of photo editing, but I can't get them to work for me....very frustrating!

Todmorden West Yorkshire

thanks guys I dont really understand but I shall try to change it I dont want it to be slow.
when i go on through my bookmark it is instantanius, so I didnt realize I had a problem.
I am hoping to change the whole layout soon.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I two have to wait too long to see the pics on your website eventhough I have DSL...
So you should resize your pics!

Out of that, your website is great! and the counter works just fine!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Nice site, Estelle!
The counter said '50' when I visited. The pictures were slow, but I have dial up and expected that.

hugs,

Todmorden West Yorkshire

thanks for all your feed back. I have just found how to resize my photos to websize, and discoverded my camera had got altered to up to size five somehow. When I redo my site I shall change it all so I hope then it will load faster. I am new to computers and am finding it slow to learn now I'm sixty*****  :doh: but I shall keep going thanks again for the feed back it helps a lot  :hug:

Board footer