Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Hey Everyone

Just wanted to post a message to say thanks to Dawn and Wendy (and Victor and Gregory and everyone else behind the scenes) for a really fab day. The awards were such fun and the entries in the fur really were something else.
Had some great chats and was great to meet everyone I did *waves if you recognise me*.

Congrats to all the winners, especially Marilyn (Barling Bears) who stole the show with the Teddy Bear Times Award in addition, definitely deserved.

I have a few photos which I will try to upload (no promises) but if anyone has any others to share, would love to see them.

So thanks again, hope everyone else had a fun day?

Ok time to collapse.

Richard
x

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

It was lovely to see you too, again and a congrats on a well deserved 1st  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

I would also like to add what a wonderful day it was, it was a great fair and the entries were all brilliant

Congrats too to all those who helped put on this show, especially Wendy and Dawn, who spent most of the time running around making sure it all went smoothly  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Another person here to say what a great day it was! I too have lots of photos (mainly of the competition) which I will attempt to upload. It was my first time at the British Bear Fair so I didn't know what to expect but it was a really nice venue filled with lovely bears, couldn't be better.

Great to meet you all!

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Huge congratulations to you Richard : your first show and already 1st prize.  Well done !!  :clap:

Congratulations to all the other prize winners as well; I know there are many TT'ers among you.  bear_thumb

And a special mention for the TBT award winner ... Marilyn Lambert !! 

Please post some photos of the winners accepting their awards here !!  Next time, I think they should give a speech as well, so we can videotape it.  :crackup:

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Big congratulations Richard and Marilyn!  What wonderful news . . . looking forward to seeing photos!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Ooo, congratulations to Richard and Marilyn! That is sooo exciting! :dance:  :clap:  Can't wait to see photos, too. Bravo to all who participated and to everyone who put on what sounds like a fabulous show. bear_thumb

~Debora

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website

Ah, damn!  I am really sorry to have missed it.  Alas, work has more bogged down at the moment more than I would like.

I am glad everyone enjoyed themselves.  Will there be any photos or videos of the event?  I look forward to seeing the teddies.  :)

Congrats to all.

-- Thomas Adam

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Just back home a couple of hours ago, and it was a great weekend.  It was lovely to be able to just walk round and chat to people (I think Dawn had a somewhat less relaxing day  bear_laugh  )  Congrats to all the winners, and Marilyn, I told you so in Sheffield  bear_happy

Boogaloo Bears Boogaloo Bears
united kingdom

Well done Richard, I was at the show but unfortunately didn't come home with a prize  bear_sad  - however you really deserved to win as did all of the other fantastic winning bear entries.

Well done!  bear_grin

Hugs

Lisa x

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hello Richard,

It was great to meet you on Sunday and CONGRATULATIONS to you on your 1st place!  Your bear really was lovely so you should be very proud. :clap:

Also congratulations to all the other TT winners and basically everyone who took part, there were some smashing bears there.

Thank you SueAnn, Debora and Peter for your kind words. :redface:

It can't be easy putting on an established fair at a new venue but Wendy, Dawn and everyone else involved did a fantastic job.  It was particularly nice that Victor from WSPA was handing out the awards, just wished I had had an opportunity to have a chat with him about his wonderful job and hear about the real bears he is so closely involved with.

I thoroughly enjoyed the fair and it was so nice to finally meet up with so many lovely TT-ers and meet new ones, so basically chatted all day.  It made such a change to be on the "other side of the table" and be able to browse amongst the bears and I am delighted to say that I did bring a new bear home with me, though I must confess I saw quite a few that I really liked but I have "earmarked" those artists for another occasion!  Of course I couldn't come home without any mohair either so was able to spend time being lost in "Marilyn's world" as I thought about new designs. Quite the opposite to my usual frantic "quick look and grab" approach! :crackup:  My particular day was pretty outstanding for me by way of my 1st place and also for the TBT award for which I feel gloriously numb.   My whole "being" goes to mush though when I am unfortunately the centre of attention like that, and certainly not helped when someone is taking a photo of me and my ugly mug!  :redface:  I forgot to put a bag over my head first!! :crackup:

I am pleased you got home fine Katy, nice chatting with you.

Hugs to everyone,

Marilyn x bear_flower

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

You really deserved your awards Marilyn, he was just amazing.........................and you are so modest  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen

I just returned late last night and I must say it was really a great show and Brighton is a wonderful city, too.
For me, the show was great, too and my Baby Hope won 1st place in the International Artist Category and I'm very, very happy about this.

And of course I want to send BIG congratulations to everybody else who won and all the other finalists, your entries were just fab,  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

puca bears puca bears

Hi everyone......sounds like the show was a real success all round......GOOD to hear! :dance:
Huge congrats to Marilyn - thrilled to bits for you!!! :dance:  :dance:
and congrats to all the winners :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Very happy that my "Hope - I haz a pic-a-nic" won her category, and my other entry got 2nd in his..........happy dancing here on sunday night! And I'm so tickled that the little Diva (Hope) has been the inspiration for a couple of award-winning bears.....if only she knew! We should go visit her, Natascha.........lol
big huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Natascha - congratulations on your super 1st place! :clap:

Maria  - big congratulations to you too!!  :clap:  :clap:   I love your bears and they always make me smile.  Yes, I think that wonderful little Hope has been an inspiration to lots of people in so many different ways.  If you're going to visit her again, can I come too!!!!!! bear_grin
(Many thanks too for your lovely comment).

Big hugs,

Marilyn bear_flower  bear_flower

puca bears puca bears

Oh Marilyn  - I WISH!!!!!!!!! The places for next year's bear study courses were booked out in less than a half hour!......sigh.........I'd love to go again. 
huggies
Maria

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners at the British Bear Fair. There were so many lovely finalists!  It was lovely to finally meet so many TTers, even though I was weighed down by my broken foot.  I didn't think I would be able to go, but my better half told me it wasn't an option, and insisted on driving me there and back. 

It was particularly nice to chat to Richard, Katy, Vicki, Dawn, Susan, Natascha and Julie and many thanks, also to the collectors who took my bears home with them.  Blossom was very proud to win the Realistic category and is hopefully settling into her new home.  All in all, it was a perfect day for me and really cheered me up!

Hugs

Sue

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

judges.jpgJust wanted to add I had such a wonderful day on Sunday too, and I really enjoyed being a "visitor" this time, meeting up with everyone and chatting to so many TTers,
I must mention it was lovely to meet Natascha in person , and Susanna of Berries Bears who had travelled all the way from Hong Kong with her beautiful bears!
Congratulations to you Richard - I was so thrilled for you  :clap:  also Marilyn (with your gorgeous cover-bear!) Natascha, Chloe, Sue, Maria, and all the nominees who took
part; there were so many fabulous bears there! I even got adopted by a tiny little new beary myself!!!  bear_happy

Here's a pic of the judges ; Gregory Gyllenship, Victor from the bear charity who presented the prizes, our very own Dawn and Wendy Hobday - what a mammoth task they had; many Thanks for all of their hard work  bear_flower

Sarah Sarian Miniature Bears
South Wales

Does anyone know if you are able to get feedback from the judging on Sunday?  I think it would be really useful to have something to build on and learn from.  bear_original  bear_original

BearMeToo BearMeToo
Sweden
Website

Congratulations to everybody that won an award! I wish I had been able to be there myself bear_sad but I was very pleased to know that Molly got a 2nd place  bear_grin .

Hugs
Ann-Marie

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I had a lovely day at the fair and enjoyed chatting to new customers and meeting up with beary friends old and new.Brighton turned out to be a great venue with lots of space and plenty of visitors.It was lovely to see all the bears in the awards and I am pleased to say that my bear Benjamin got a third place in category one for miniatures.Congratulations to all the other award winners. :dance:
Laurie :hug:

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website

Hi
I got back from Brighton late last night, having spent a few more days down there seeing family. I thought the new venue worked really well, and that there was an amazing selection of exhibitors.

I am so sorry that I did not get to talk to everyone that I wanted to. The judging took a lot longer than we had scheduled for. Anyone who was around when we were judging would have noticed that every bear was picked up and looked over very carefully.

I have been involved with the BBAAs for about six years now - first as an entrant and now as a judge, and it never ceases to amaze me just how different some entries look in the fur to what they do in the photos. Some, even though I know their size seem much smaller or larger, others just different.

Also, with three judges all with different tastes, there was quite a bit of discussion!

I will go into more detail about the judging process in the next issue of Teddy Bear Times.

I am also a little sad that we were not able to give out more awards as there were some very close 4th places that in other circumstances would have been placed.

For now, I would just like to say a huge congratulations to all the winners, it was a very tough competition and you should all be very proud of yourselves.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Hugs

Dawn

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website
Brewin The Bruin wrote:

Dawn J

I have been involved with the BBAAs for about six years now - first as an entrant and now as a judge, and it never ceases to amaze me just how different some entries look in the fur to what they do in the photos. Some, even though I know their size seem much smaller or larger, others just different.

Thank you, Dawn, for raising this question of photographs - See Topic
TO PHOTOGRAPH OR NOT TO PHOTOGRAPH - 23rd December 2010

Interesting topic.

Board footer