Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Amy Lilley Posts: 32

Does anyone know where I can buy nose wax in the uk? I just read one of the forum posts about noses and would love to try waxing. I know that sassybearsandfabrics.com sell it, but I've just placed an order with her and can't afford to pay the postage again. Can anyone direct me to a uk supplier and explain to me how to use the nose wax?

Bear hugs,
Amy

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Hi there,

Both Bear Basics and Christie Bears sell bees wax for noses.
As for use, if you do a quick search on 'All Bears' blog there is a fantastic post on there with photographs which should really help you :D

Richard
x

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I use bee's wax too.  You can get it at an art supply.  It is used in batik.

Joanne

Amy Lilley Posts: 32

Thanks everyone, they're great ideas!! Xxx

susana fung hong kong

me too, use beewax. they behaves different even with the same method. those from Taiwan makes matte nose, while those from Japan makes shiny nose.
thanks for the teaching of Lynette from fred-i-bear, i am happy to use the screwdriver on the melted wax, then apply on the embroidered nose, let it dry,and use calendar paper to rub on the surface, and then use hair dryer to melt the wax evenly on the nose( those sequence are clearly stated in the TT forum), you can search it again, Amy.
my personal choice on choosing name card paper to rub the nose for my final step  bear_original
wish it helps.
hugs,
susana

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

I use beeswax too...buy it from my favorite fabric store.  they stock it for running your thread through...most have it!

BeauT Bears BeauT Bears
Rotterdam

I get my bees was at a ... beekeeper   :dance: ! You cannot get your wax any purer (or is it 'more pure'?) and it works super.

Marianne

csickler Demonstrative Bears and Friends
Beautiful Douglas County

Haven't tried Waxing yet... but am planning to soon.. Just bought a HUGE block of Bees wax.. Now the query is how do I turn it black. Once upon a time I saw black nose wax. Has anyone used this do you like the results over regular bees wax ?

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

You don't need to turn the wax black, you embroider the nose with black thread, then wax over the top  bear_original

Board footer