Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

JO BEARS jo bears
KENT

KNOMB-001.jpgFRONT.jpgKNOMB-006.jpgback.jpgKNOMB-004.jpg-nice-one.jpgKNOMB-003.jpgtop.jpgenhanced-top.jpgKNOMB-005.jpgnice-one.jpghttp://jobears.bearpile.com

I have been trying a new craft for me which is needlefelting -Apart from having holes in my fingers and lots of broken needles I have really enjoyed making my little elf who I have named Elvin!

His body is mohair and I have needlefelted his face from a flat piece of mohair and added bits of the wool to form his cheeky face shape -It took about 3 days of sore fingers to get his face shape and to get his features very hard .Then I had each paw pad to do!!! I have made and decorated his coat and hat in felt with some detailed machine embroidery.He has rusty bells and beautiful transparent wings.
I am reluctant to sell him but can't keep them all so have put him up for adoption on bearpile.

les ours d'isabelle LES OURS D'ISABELLE
ST JULIEN LES ROSIERS
Website

incredible you are my star!!! or maybe an elf!!! bear_cry  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_wub  bear_flower  bear_whistle  bear_wacko  bear_ermm  bear_rolleyes  bear_innocent

bearsofbath Bears Of Bath
Bath, UK
Website

He's incredible Jo you have done a fab job of needlefelting. I can totally sympathise with the sore fingers bear_grin I tried this technique before Christmas, I lost count how many times I missed and felted my fingers bear_grin

Wee Beary Tails Wee Beary Tails

Had the pleasure of meeting this one at the weekend and he is amazing, so much work has gone into making him, he is just fantastic in person!
Your multi - talented Jo!!  bear_wub

annalong MadebyAnna

wow. that is wonderful. I felted a few years ago and I have been thinking of having another go. Never felted a face. Looks amazing. Do you felt directly into the mohair? I thought I read somewhere about hot wax?

JO BEARS jo bears
KENT

Hi Anna -yes I roughly stitched needlefelted balls and shapes directly onto the mohair and worked on from there.
Thanks everyone else for the nice comments.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Fabulous job on the face

Board footer