Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

BeauT Bears BeauT Bears
Rotterdam

Fenna-embroid-nose-0169-resized.JPGRozemarijn-0193-600pxl.JPGHi all,
Do you need to be experienced to make a lovely bear? And does age matter? Well, I can tell you the answer to both questions is : NO!!!  :dance: 
These pictures illustrate what I mean. They show Rozemarijn, the 45cm bear my 10-year young nextdoor (or actually next-boat) neighbour Fenna recently made, with some guidance of me  bear_innocent 

Also showing pictures of Fenna embroidering Rozemarijn's nose, and what a fine nose it turned out for a first-ever bear nose! I can tell you my first bear-nose was a real disaster!

Rozemarijn_nose_embroidery_0168_resize.JPG 

When Fenna showed her bear at school, one of her classmates told her that she also would like to have a bear like Rozemarijn, which made Fenna answer: 'Well, bad luck, cause this is a one-off and there is not going to be a second Rozemarijn in the whole wide world." so she is very aware of her bear being unique.

What do you think of Fenna's work?

Hugs,
Marianne

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Woohoo!  Well done, Fenna (and Marianne) !   :clap:  :clap:

I am glad to see that there is a future generation of teddy bear artists in the making !  bear_smile

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I love Fenna's bear!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

It's remarkably good work, and I hope that she decides to make more.  bear_original

Becky

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Outstanding work, Fenna . . . so much better than my first bear!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Fenna's bear is beuatiful, well done to both of you

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

What an incredible job this young girl has done.  Start em young and keep um going ;)

Joanne

BeauT Bears BeauT Bears
Rotterdam

Thank you so much for your enthousiastic and positive reactions! Fenna will be thrilled when she is told about the warm welcome by the TT folk. She has just started learning English at school but for the time being her mum and me will have to do some translating  bear_rolleyes . Fenna's really been the perfect pupil; no need to explain details twice, she just understood the first time I told her. Sometimes it wasn't even necessary to explain things because she understood them just by carefully looking  :dance: .

Hugs,
Marianne

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Oh my gosh! That bear is brilliant. I wished i could have done this at 10 years old hehe. Absolutely gorgeous bear. That is one talented little seamstress.

Richard
x

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

WOW WOW WOW! If you can do that well at aged 10, Fenna, just imagine what you can do in years to come! I certainly hope you stay with it and I will look forward to perhaps seeing more of your work  bear_original  bear_original  (I love the concentration in Fenna's face when she embroidered that wonderful nose, she's obviously a natural!)

janicemarie Gresswell Forest Bears
melbourne

oh she did a wonderful job!!

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

What a beautiful bear - the face is so precious! She did a remarkable job!
Great work, Fenna!
Hugs,
Janice

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Such beautiful work! Wow! bear_wub I hope she makes more. bear_smile

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Ahh, fabulous job by Fenna, I hope she keeps it up, it's lovely to see young ones with an interest in crafts. And how lovely of you Marianne to spend time helping her, it must be very rewarding for you as well.

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Wow, that's a great bear! Better than the ones I make!

BeauT Bears BeauT Bears
Rotterdam

Hi everyone! I talked to Fenna today and we went through all your lovely comments  bear_wub  bear_wub
She was impressed to have received so many reactions on her work and she specifically asked me to thank you all very very much!  bear_flower and to tell you that she absolutely intends to make more bears  bear_thumb in future. Seems we've got another one hooked to bearmaking  bear_grin We'll keep you posted on the progress bear_original

@Karen: you are so right about spending time on this to be such a rewarding activity  bear_thumb I really enjoy it  :dance:

:hug:  :hug:  bear_wub
Marianne

PS: Fenna is fond of the beary smilies  bear_happy so I put some extra ones for her in this post.

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Wow! What a lovely bear!  bear_wub Fenna has doen a wonderful job! She has a great teacher!

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website

Good grief.  That's amazing.  I'm really impressed with teddy's nose being made, that's some detail!  :)

-- Thomas Adam

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Wow amazing work Fenna!  :dance:  bear_grin  bear_wub ...and well done to her great teacher Marianne!   :clap:  :hug:

Board footer