Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Does anyone have business liability insurance in the US? I would like to do a TEddy Bear Workshop (stuff-your-own) at a local mall, but they tell me I can't do it unless I have some liability insurance. bear_sad  I have talked with an on-line insurance company, the Small Business Development center and a local multi-company agency. No one can seem to help point me in the right direction. bear_angry  Anyone out there have any ideas or the name of a company you use?

Thanks
pandamac

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Ellen,
Are you sure they meant liability insurance for the bears? Or did they just mean business liability insurance? You could talk to other shops selling children's items and see who they use for insurance. Product testing is extremely expensive even for a larger company. And there are special exceptions for art pieces and small sellers in the new toy regulations. THere were a couple of years when the Disney Invitational Teddy Bear Show required artists to carry liability insurance. It costs each of us over $300 for just a couple of days and the insurance only applied to that one show.
Karen
KJ Lyons Design

Board footer