Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Is there a best time to place something on e-bay?

Is there a best time to plan your auction to end?

I am going to put another little bear and golly on.....but I am unsure about things like time

Also is 5 days enough?  10?  3?   

What works the best?  Its not like these are fabulous works of art, they are simply cute.  But the gollygirls do have panties......

what do you guys think....I'm ready to wade int to the shark infest waters and compete with you big guys!

dilu

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Well Dilu, I am certainly not the one to give you any advice on Ebay. But we find right now has been good for us. I like to use the seven day personally and depending on the bear and how bad I want it to sell, I may not put a reserve on it. However I do start the bid at a price I believe will attract higher bids. Example, Madison Rose started at $75.00 US and is up to $86.00 Hopefully she will get a bit higher yet as we still have 2 days to go. But if not, OH well off she goes to her new Mom. We did well on TANNI last week.

Many Hugs Louise

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I would recommend 5 or more days... I pretty much always do 7 days with it ending at Sunday 8 PM Pacific...  Give it a try, Dilly... I wouldnt start anything too cheap though...  :hug:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi,
I have sold on Ebay for close to 8 yrs now, I have used a 3, 5 or 7 day.
Alot of my customers won't bid until the last few minutes so the length of
the auction does not seem to matter that much.
Always try and have your auctions end after the weekend, and not during busy
peak times.
Ending sunday night, not to late is always good.
I have noticed using a reserve sometimes seems to scare bidders away, even
if you start with a low starting bid.

Your usually better off starting it at a price you are comfortable with knowing
that it just might end for that price.
You can also add a buy it now, I have sold quite a few dolls putting that option
in the auction.  People that don't like to get into bidding wars seem to perfer
that option.

Just my few cents worth I guess, anyways good luck with your future auctions  bear_original

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Dilu i had a lady from france wanting to bib on a dress but she said she couldn't stay up till 3 am ,so i might have received more if i posted it at a better time, but i don't know what a better time is for you lot over there. how do i work in out can anyone help?

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Good on you Dilu, I have only tried it once and didn't do anything ..... not even a sniff so it put me off .... dissapointed I guess ... that was over a yr ago now

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

I like to list during the week, as some of my customers are only on line at work. I avoid the weekends.  I also list for three days, with a reserve.  I think each person has to find their own "good" time.  Good luck!

Hugs,

Brenda

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

I like to do a 5- or 7-day listing. As Tami has said, lots of people bid at last minute, but you need to have it out there long enough for people to find it. Ebay is a swamp.

I like to have mine end on the weekend and choose a 5- or 7- day listing ,accordingly, so that it will end on the weekend.

We need some collectors to give us some input.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Dilu, I don't think ther is any one perfect answer here.  With ebay being world wide you are dealing with so many different time zones so what may be a good time for one country is not good for another.  Also, people have all different schedules.  Some have jobs where they work midnights, nurses, police officers, other medical professionals, factory workers....even many shops now are open 24 hours.

I do agree with starting at a reasonably low starting bid.   If it is too high people may not even look. 

I do think that if someone wants something bad enough, they will bid high enough ahead of time if they cannot be on the computer at the end of the auction time.  I have ebayers email with often to ask my reserve.  I always share that info and I more often than not, have a reserve to protect the time and effort that I put into any given project.  If it does not sell I can always put it on my website or wait a while and list agian.

It boils down to the right person seeing your auction at the right time.

I think it is worth a try.  Best of luck.

Board footer