Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

HeidiBears florida

photo-small-2.JPGHere are my second and third teddies!!! i feel like i've come a long way since the first but there is still plenty of room for improvement! any suggestions are welcomed  bear_original . Also when i was working with this bear i didn't like how the fur kept getting kind of fuzzy ( hard to describe hopefully you know what i mean!) i think because the original material is so long and i had to cut it short since this bear is only 7 cm's tall. Are there any shorter synthetic furs out there which are still sort of long for a more realistic look out there that anyone knows of? I ordered the brown fur on my second teddy pictured here from sassys but i feel like its much to short and it doesn't look very realisitc at all.

HeidiBears florida

photo-small-1.JPGpicture 2

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Wow! what really nice bears.  I love that you are going for that realistic look.  They are my favorite kind of teddies.  Both of these guys are wonderful.

Joanne

HeidiBears florida

Thanks Joanne! I absolutely love your bears, they are so realistic they look as if they are alive!  bear_grin Where do you purchase your mohair ??

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Fabulous little bears!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: I really like all the details.

Becky

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA
HeidiBears wrote:

Thanks Joanne! I absolutely love your bears, they are so realistic they look as if they are alive!  bear_grin Where do you purchase your mohair ??

I was very fortunate a few years ago to have purchased 100 yards of mohair (most of it vintage) from a retired bear maker.  I sold most of it, but I kept every piece I loved, which was many.  I still buy mohair once in a while from Intercal, and I do have some unfinished string mohair from LouBear that is good for dyeing.

PS, thank you on the bear compliment,

Joanne

Karon Posts: 751

I think the panda is stunning!

Board footer