Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

I've never sold any bear for the moment and so never really thought about the shipping. When I bought a Steiff, the bear was just sitting in the gift box, which gift box was in another box... I wouldn't like to let my bears move like that while they are shipped... How do you process ? I thought about the system we can see with dolls : they are attached to the box with plastic laces like on the leg on this doll :
13_1_b.JPG
But it could even be worst for the bear... I don't know...
Maybe, just polystyren flakes ?

Thanks a lot in advance? I really need advices.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

HI!

Well, most of my bears get wrapped in tissue first, then I place inside a clear cello bag and close with a twist tie.  That's just in case the box really gets rained on.... then I place the bear in the travel box that has some packing material in it to keep him or her from shifting around :)

The only time I pack up a bear like your photo above is if they have wings or something.  Then I find a piece of cardboard, poke holes and use either twist ties or plastic thingies from my hubby's garage :P.  I make sure to pack some material around the bear and wings so he or she doesn't shift, place that in a plastic bag, then pack as usual.

HTH!

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

I use lots of Bubble wrap and Tissue paper, and I make sure it cannot move. Hugs Rita xx

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Thanks a lot:). So, I think I will make a fabric bag that I will put in a clear cello bag and will finish by bubble wrap and tissue paper:). Perfect ! Many many thanks girls !
AmitiƩs,
Marion

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Yeah, I do basically the same.  Teddies aren't as fragile as dolls, so that's a great thing!!!    I just wrap my bubs in bubble wrap, double the wrap over the eyes because they are glass. Put tthe bear into the box, and fill the box up with paper, so the bear can't move in the box.

Board footer