Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

EvilMcWeevil Felt Fascinated
Newcastle

I've been practicing my felting.  These two are my third and fourth needle felted miniatures.

IMG_5551web.jpg
10cm tall, 5 way jointed with German glass eyes (I really like this one)

IMG_5556web.jpg
6cm tall, 5 way jointed, bead eyes.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Great job.  I gave my mum a needlefelting kit for Christmas, I must phone her and demand to know where my production line of felted critters is  bear_grin

Newcastle

Thanks bear_laugh

LOL I'm sure she'll get straight on that  bear_tongue bear_happy

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Good Work, Shevi! You're going great guns - complete with tiny toe pads, open mouth & tummy buttons!

Newcastle

Aww thanks Bobbie, coming from a master of felted miniatures like yourself that means a lot bear_flower

suburban Chicago

Hey, I'm just struggling to learn like everyone else here! Every day every one of us face new challenges. Some of us just started our journey sooner than others.
That's what we say in our T'ai Chi classes - I've been studying it, twice a week, since Jan 2000.
I'm in the Beginning & Continuing classes. Some wonder why I still take Beginning.. it's because of a *Light Bulb* moment I had in the beginner class just last week, when one bit of instruction I'd either heard dozens of times before and forgot or never was ready to understand or finally reached a level of understanding where it 'clicked' in my brain.

That's how the needle felting experience is: I'm working through a problem right now which I know what the end result should (and I know 'will' eventually) look like but have no idea yet how I'm going to achieve it!

Newcastle

I read somewhere once that the path to true mastery is to approach everything you do as if you are always a beginner, no matter how much you actually know on the subject.  Doing this will allow you to always have the open mind required to continue expanding your knowledge base.  If you go into something as if you are already an expert then your mind is closed to new ideas and therefore the discovery of new ways to do things.   

Sounds to me like you're on the right path  bear_grin

suburban Chicago

TY.. That's how our instructor says he approaches every one of his classes too, whether he's teaching or taking, because he too learns from everyone he meets, every day of his life.
Its a great attitude to hold in general; you've got that attitude, too!

Conni Germany

Great work! My favourite is the first bear.

Newcastle

Thanks Conni, he's my favourite so far too bear_laugh

Conni Germany

I see, you has a blog.....i follow now. bear_original

Newcastle

Thanks Conni, I appreciate that bear_laugh

Board footer