Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Too much drama.

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

ohhhh why what has happened?????

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Just remember that if the drama is something you are seeing and not directly related at you, or even if it is, you can block seeing posts from those people for as long as you want.

Joanne

thondra rosenheim / bayern
Website

if the drama happens on your site, and its "friends" of you ... just remove them bear_original

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

I signed up for Facebook and Linkedin for professional purposes. to help with my job search.  I did not realize how time consuming it would be to keep up with these services.  I, too, am wondering about dropping them or just staying on in an inactive mode.  At least there is no charge for the services.

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Jenn,

It took me a long time to decide to join FB and what finally made me decide to do it was... the peer pressure of TT'ers!  bear_laugh

Personally, I keep my FB profile limited to my teddy bear friends (artists, collectors, some shops, magazines, etc...) and 95 % of the posts I see are teddy bear related.
Of course someone will mention some dramatic events in their life (the passing away of a pet, a family member diagnosed with cancer, etc...), but I don't think that is what you mean by "too much drama". 

In general I find the whole "FB" experience always enjoyable, sometimes very funny and never depressing; but I do admit that it can be time consuming (when I should be doing more useful  bear_whistle  things).

For myself I have chosen to exclude all family members, work colleagues, neighbours, etc.  from my FB friends, just to avoid the gossip, the moaning, the complaining that I already hear "live" every day   bear_wacko .
I think FB can be a great medium, if used wisely.

Maybe you need to have a good look at who your friends are and do some rigourous "cleaning up".

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Karon Posts: 751

Well ... I think Facebook is great.  Without it I am not sure how I would have tracked down my daughter.

Mindyou I only have THREE friends - shame ... :crackup:.  And then I only reply via personal message.

:hug:

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I have decided to keep it open for now.  This witch had better pray I don't run into her over the next week. going home for a visit.  If I do see her she had better stay the %!!* away from me!

Board footer