Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

I need a hug  it is my 44th wedding anniversary today and guess who forgot again. I know I should drop big hints every year but I get tired of being the one who does everything. Sorry end of self pitty just neede to have a moan to people who understand. bear_sad

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Oh Estelle...give it the rest of the day.  Sometimes these MEN play games and act like they have forgotten when in fact they have not.

And if he did...celebrate within.  Treat yourself to something fun today.  OR, you could play with his mnd a little...have a bang up celebration tonight.  Start with a beautiful dinner and so on.  Make him realize he goofed!! and that it means a lot to you.

I once read or saw a movie that you have to train men like you would train a puppy. hahahaha and the advice was to go out and get a manual on "how to train your puppy"  Too funny!!!

I am sure everyone on the group will jump in and wish you a VERY HAPPY 44th ANNIVERSARY !!

ME FIRST !
:hug:  :hug:
Nancy

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Wow, 44 Years that is just awesome. CONGRATULATIONS, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!  :hug:  Here are some hugs for you. Make him take you out for a really nice dinner somewhere, then tell him what to buy you for your anniversary.( I'm thnking some nice mohair)  bear_grin  bear_wub
My husband sometimes forgets our anniversary, and sad to say I sometimes forget it too. Don't be to hard on him! bear_grin
Love,
Kathy

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Here's a hug, Estelle.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

I know what it's like. My fiancee is very good at forgetting things. He felt bad this year when my mom called him to remind him of my birthday coming up. Well, he should feel bad! He absolutely, totally, forgot it last year...that's why she reminded him this year.

Well, I hope your hubby has a nice surprise for you!

Happy Anniversary!  :hug:  :hug:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Just because he doesn't remember the date, doesn't mean he doesn't love you, nor respects your marriage.  Guys just DO this!  :doh:  I know, I get fed up with it too  :hug:

:bday: But Happy 44th anniversary!!!  :bday:  And I agree....make him take you out to a nice dinner, and then buy you something ~ and you tell him exactly what it is you want!  Sometimes guys just need a direction  :dance:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!    :dance:

Deb Upstate New York

A friend's hub forgot one year.  She invited a good friend to dinner with her at her hub's fav restaurant.  He hasn't forgotten since to my knowledge.

:hug:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

MEN!
Clueless I tell you.
I've realized that dropping hints doen'st work. YOu have to say, "hon, it's our anniversary in a week, I want you to........"
Often, when told what to do, they are happy and you are happy.

At least that's how I train mine............. :twisted:

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

:bday:  :cake:  Happy Anniversary........Go out and spend lots on yourself, then give him the bill!  :dance:  Enjoy yourself.........
Ellen

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

my husband doesn’t forget anything.. he is good about that but besides that I WONT LET HIM FORGET THINGS LIKE THAT… I would make him make it up to me if he did forget!  Sorry you are upset :(

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

A big "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Estelle!  Yes, most men aren't good at dates but never mind.  I'd go buy a nice outfil and be wearing it when he comes home.  When he asks about it, tell him "thanks" for the gift! 

Hugs,

Brenda

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

bear_laugh   good idea, brenda!! I like that!  bear_thumb

Matthea Ontario

I'm really sorry you feel crumby.
I'm lucky my hub doesn't forget anything, but like Kim, I don't let him forget. I start talking about special occasions weeks in advance, sometimes marking things on the calander...
I love Brenda's idea...I have actually done something to that effect when he needed to apologize  bear_grin

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Aww Estelle,  bear_cry So sorry your hubbie forgot! Here's a great big (((((((((((HUG)))))))))))

What is it with guys? I know how you feel. It took my husband nine years to remember what day my birthday is on. He usually remembers our anniversary, but about a week before our first anniversary he said to me, "We're not going to be one of those couples that buy each other presents on our anniversary are we?"!!!
Needless to say I was rather crushed. So I sympathize with you.

pandamac wrote:

Go out and spend lots on yourself, then give him the bill!

I like Ellen and Brenda's ideas. Put the bill in a card that says 'Thanks! This is the best anniversary present you've ever bought me!" bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

hope you day gets better. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

44 years!!  That in itself is a remarkable accomplishment!  My hubs and I have been married 41 years . . . long time, isn't it??!!  If it looks as if he's definitely NOT going to remember, please do something wonderful for yourself . . . buy something you want or whatever, but make a point to thank him for his fantastic gift - as he paid for it!  Hopefully, that will jar his memory!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance:  Happy Anniversary, Estelle! I'm usually the one who forgets our anniversary, but Hubs has trouble remembering the kids' birthdates. My parents actually forgot my 12th birthday, but I think I'm old enough now to understand how that could happen.

bear_angry  I agree--if he doesn't remember by midnight, you really ought to buy yourself something fantastic and present him with the bill tucked into a 'Belated Anniversary' card--more fun than guilt, and what's he going to say? Leaving the menfolk speechless--works for me most times.

Eileen

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!! 44 years yahooooooooo...we will celebrate our 37 this May...One year I was just sure my hubby had forgotten & I was upset all day long...and he came home with flowers & a card that night...duhhhh I suffered all day...I just roll with the flow now...
Anniverary Hugs...

Pipa UK

Happy anniverssary Estelle

:hug:   :hug:   :hug:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Estelle Big Hugs for a Happy 44th Anniversary :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh Estelle! Men can be such Grubs! Garnet forgot my birthday this year after 32 years of marriage and I know how you feel. I still remind him of what a cad he can be an if he forgets my 50th next October ...well he might as well pack and hit the road!! I don't think they mean to be so insensitive but unlike us they dont' think with their heart!

Happy anniversary from me my Dear!!

many Hugs Louise

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Happy Anniversary.... I hope he ends up doing something nice for you.

AnnG Childhood Treasures
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA

You need to make the hubby up a special calendar of DATES TO REMEMBER. I engraved my wedding date in my husbands ring. So far he's remembered. He even gave me an anniversary ring for our 10th. I didn't get it until our 11th but that's OK. Just think of the things he has remembered, I hope. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.
Ann bear_thumb

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

Oh he remembered very late last night, too late to do anything so today he is cooking a special meal this evening ,and doing lunch and breakfast  and all the chores. He has arranged a weekend away for next weekend up in the lakes so I am a happy bunny now  :dance:  :dance:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  :clap:  Great news, Estelle!  :clap:  bear_original

Eileen

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Estell,
HAPPY 44th ANNIVERSARY!!!!  bear_flower 
I'm glad that he remembered...... bear_tongue   :hug:

Hugs/Marie

Board footer