Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Ivyworks Ivyworks Artistry
Ottawa, Ontario

Howdy pals and gals! Not many of you know that I moved last week. I purchased a lovely little condominium and now have a not-so-lovely mortgage to go with, lol. The move went ok, with just a few bumps and hitches. The bad news is that a lot of boxes (about 3 or 4) of my bear and craft stuff didn't make the move.  bear_cry  I have a funny feeling that the movers accidentally put them in with the boxes of things to go to charity. One of the boxes contained my unfinished bear projects....including the almost completed swap bear for my partner. I can't tell you how upset I was. I'd also had about 5 other bears in that box, in different states of completion too. I also lost a lot of my synthetic fur and some mohair too, but not as much. I can't help but think, why couldn't they have lost my box full of bills instead?!  :crackup:

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Oh no.  Hope you find that box.

Conni Germany
Us Bears Pennsylvania

Have the Bears been born yet?  Or are they all still being made?

If any of them are born, I would pitch a holy, stinking fit to the moving company!  If they are all still being made I'd just pitch a regular fit.

bear_happy

Ivyworks Ivyworks Artistry
Ottawa, Ontario

Still being made, I hadn't gotten any of them finished. I did complain, but that got me nowhere. Something about them not being liable or some such junk.  bear_sad

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, Shannon, that such a bad luck!  bear_cry  bear_cry
I really hope you find a way to track these boxes : maybe try to see in what charity then could have gone. Could be too simple to work, though.

Anyway, good luck!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Now you know that next time you have to move boxes of teddy bear making stuff, you'd better write in huge letters : beware of having them follow Shannon!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Oh no!  Good luck with your hunt for the boxes

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I think many of us would love to lose a box of bills!  I hope you find your box. :pray:

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

That sucks! Don't give up complaining to the movers, and hunt down the charity shop too: you've paid them to get yout stuff from point A to point B and if they've lost boxes then they haven't done what they were paid to do.

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Wow - that is terrible.  Our movers were the exact opposite.  They packed everything and I mean EVERYTHING including wastebaskets full of TRASH!  I hope your stuff shows up soon!

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Lisa wrote:Wow - that is terrible.  Our movers were the exact opposite.  They packed everything and I mean EVERYTHING including wastebaskets full of TRASH!  I hope your stuff shows up soon!

Lisa: the same thing happened to me. I was so surprise to unpack my trash when I moved from Florida to Minnesota.

Shannon:I do hope you can call the charity and get your boxes back. Let us know if you do.  :hug:B

Board footer