Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

HeidiBears florida

Hello everyone! I was just curious as to how you all ship your bears? Is there a special way you wrap them, or something you place in there besides bubble wrap and pop corn to protect them from getting smashed up on their journey?.. I am partically wary of their faces being messed up. Any clever ideas would surely be appreciated!  bear_tongue

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I start with tissue paper, and then my larger bears go in a cellophane bag with packing peanuts around it. Bubble wrap would work very well for your smaller bears, and anything to fill the void in the box and keep him from slamming around in there is a plus.

By the way, I used to ship a lost of Steiff animals, and if they had a tail or a long neck or rabbit ears, for example, those went into a cardboard tube - you know, the kind toilet paper comes on. Then the tissue paper and etc., but I didn't want those sticking-out parts getting smashed. bear_laugh

Becky

HeidiBears florida

LOL, traveling in a toliet paper roll does not sound very comfortable!  :crackup: but im sure it would work well! I took your advice and just used a ton of bubble wrap that way you can have fun popping it twhen it arrives  bear_tongue  :dance:

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

I do tissue paper, then a ziploc bag, or large plastic bag, then bubble wrap - my family is constantly collecting bubble wrap for me (too much so!) so I'm never short of packing material

annalong MadebyAnna

I have it a litttle easier as my bears are small. I wrap them in tissue paper.tie with a bow....then place them in a small white box..then into a shipping box.

HeidiBears florida

Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions!!  :hug:

Board footer