Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

297104_1707783953170_1795213705_1098248_1720069_n.jpgToday's lunch was with Judy Paul and her daughters.  We had the most wonderful time.  She is so nice and so are her girls.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

What fun! And I love the array of bears, dolls, pumpkins...(Alison! :D)

Becky

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

You guys get the bestest visitors  bear_grin

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Well, it was either a pumpkin or an unfinished bear head.  I opted for the pumpkin!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Good choice, Alison, and its a pretty darned cute pumpkin at that. bear_original

Becky

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a bunch of pretty and talented ladies!  Delightful creations!

Bloomsburg, PA

Thank you.  Sadly I have to say I was holding Janice's sweet bear and she got shy and hid her face.  She is so cute,  I am sorry she can not be seen.

Joanne

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Hi Joanne

Lovely, happy photo.  There's nothing better than time to talk about teddies! 

We have just seen film of a huge sandstorm moving over Phoenix on the BBC.  I really hope that it hasn't done any damage and you have been able to keep the sand out of the house!

Very best wishes

Sue

Bloomsburg, PA

International news now I see.  It was a big one, the air turned a sickly yellow color, not a nice sight to see.  Now a mess of dirt to clean up this morning.  Dust storms are not uncommon here, it never rains.  We have had two really big ones this year haboobs they call them.  They are much more impressive from a birds eye view than from the view from the ground.

Joanne

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

What a great photo of you lovely ladies!  bear_wub

Just thinking about all the talent and teddy bear artistry combined in that photo makes my head spin.  bear_laugh

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Bloomsburg, PA

Thank you Peter, that is so nice to say.

Joanne

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Thank you for posting this, Joanne!  I feel so blessed to live close to you and Alison - it's always a joy to be part of the "Phoenix Welcoming Committee"!  We've met so many wonderful bear people.   Wouldn't it be great if we could welcome ALL of the TT artist's and collector's to Phoenix in March for the Bear Show?!!

susana fung hong kong

hello, that must be a marathon lunch which involves lots of sewing and making talk!

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub What a great pic of you all the a great opportunity to meet one another.  Just print out the picture and you can see the shy young lady.  I am so jealous not to be in Arizona and get on that committee to meet for lunch.  Thanx for sharing
Hugs Pat bear_flower

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

You've had at least 3 or 4 of these haboobs already this summer - very unusual this year as 3 is about average in any year from June through end of Sept - and you're right about the long-distance images; much more impressive than being on-the-ground in them. These are the ones that we see on the national news.
Our DD reports on the mess they leaves everywhere. They get into the house though the tiniest cracks and the layer of yellow dust/grit is horrid to try to vacuum and clean off every surface.

A thunderstorm collapsed near Tucson heading northward, sending 60 mph winds toward Phoenix, stirring up the desert sands along the way, 100 mi wide and 1½ mi high.
Picture_15.png

Picture_13.png

Picture_12.png

AZ_Dust.png

Picture_9.png

And it doesn't take long before some enterprising fool takes advantage of any situation......
Picture_14.png

Bloomsburg, PA

Wow great pictures.  That is not what you see on the ground.  But you can see the wall of dust coming in the sky. 
I love that shirt too.  Haven't seen that one around yet.

Joanne

Coraleen DallyMay Teddies
Secunda, South Africa

I know the Arizona desert has its own beauty but I don't think I could live anywhere where it doesn't rain.  I love the rain.  bear_wub

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

O my goodness look at those pictures. Haboobs are something. I never seen anything like that! bear_sad

Bloomsburg, PA
Coraleen wrote:

I know the Arizona desert has its own beauty but I don't think I could live anywhere where it doesn't rain.  I love the rain.  :love:

Yes it is a big deal here when it rains.  We can go for months.   But on the other hand the sun helps keep moods happy. 

Joanne

suburban Chicago

If you're interested, the T's are on zazzle.com

Bloomsburg, PA

Hmmm...thanks, but I think I'll pass on the shirt.  And I will hope my daughter never sees one. LOL

Joanne

suburban Chicago

LOL - me too! I know my grandies wouldn't but some of their friends sure would, even if they are AP - XCP students! LOL

Board footer