Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC01459-2.JPGDSC01456-2.JPGDSC01453-2.JPGDSC01451-2.JPGDSC01450-2.JPGHi Deb

Since I was taking pics anyway I took some of a quilt that had some of my silly embroidery designs

It was a 4th of July quilt for a shop where I volunteered teaching developmentally disabled adults to sew.

Deb Upstate New York

THAT is SOOO cool!  I love embroidering!  I don't design, but have a program where I can change sizes and cut things out that I don't need or want (Embird).  It was inexpensive ... maybe $90, compared to the big guns software packages ... and does the trick for me.  Opens all formats.  I like downloading the hus format because they seem to be smaller files.

I tested a package that was for designing, but have WAY too many irons in the fire to do a good job.  I bought my machine thinking I'd use it to embellish bridesmaid dresses, then sell it.  But after using it, I'm sure that won't happen!

Thank you so much for sharing!  Very nice quilt!
:clap:  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

WOW, Dilu . . . super great quilt!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Thanks.  I had a ton of time to learn the program.  And it was a big help in recovery.  Plus we were living in a 5th wheel!  So i needed really small projects, and didnt know about the teddyworld.  I haven't done any designing since entering the Gollywonderland.....By the time i ever go back to it I'll have to relearn it all over again... :redface:

dilu

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I am impressed Dilu!

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

you're so clever!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh Dilu! You are so talented my Dear! What gorgeous embroidery! I love it! I am so proud of you!

many Hugs Louise

Board footer