Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

Have you ever had times when it was really hard for you to squeeze in time for bear making? I thought it might be fun to share your reasons of why.
Here is one reason I haven't been able to make as many bears as I would like recently.

IMG_8666_copy.jpg
His name is Toasty.
This is a picture of him right after I adopted him. He actually looks quite different now. He was 8 weeks old in the picture. He is now almost 4 months. I'll post another pic once Ive loaded them onto the computer. They are still all on the camera.
Beth

Gabriele~GJOYfulBears GJOYful Bears

Awww isn't he cute!!!

My reason for not making as many bears as I used to is also dogs! I am a dog trainer and psychologist (if you are raising you brow, think Cesar Millan and you may understand lol) and have 6 of my own dogs plus have to visit "clients" every Tues and Thurs ~ so these days I don't get as many bears done. I also occasionally perform puppet shows on weekends for birthday parties etc but that isn't every weekend thank goodness.

This is a great post and I look forward to hearing other people's answers ~ good thinking Beth  bear_original

Your puppy is gorgeous by the way  bear_grin

Boogaloo Bears Boogaloo Bears
united kingdom

Beth

I adore your puppy and such a cute name!  bear_grin

I too have a wonderful dog (my baby), who is a 3 year old black labrador and she takes up a lot of my time.  When I pick up a bear to sew, she puts her head on my lap and whines at me. She hates my attention to go anywhere except to her!  bear_wub

I also love my campervan and camping so that absorbs my time too and have just bought a new van (currently an empty panal van), so all of my time and money are going into creating a wonderful campervan.

Hugs

Lisa x

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I love the name Toasty.  He is sooo cute.  I know that they take so much time.  I have one of those reasons too living with me.  He is almost 6 months old.  For the first few months the hourly bathroom breaks really put a damper on working.

Joanne

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Awwww! Thanks for sharing a picture of Toasty. He's gorgeous! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Becky

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Hi Beth, If Toasty keeps looking at you with that look in the picture, how can you refuse!  I have a 7 year old German Shepherd named Bendigo.  He's not quite as feisty as he used to be, but he can sure suck up attention!  Sometimes I find myself at the dining room table trying to work on bears because he hates my sewing room and whines if I'm in there too long!!!   bear_grin

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub  bear_wub So Beth, you went ahead and did it.  Just like me, my Rosalie is now 9 months old and does take up my time for bears, I am even getting a rescue dog about the same age so she has a companion to make my life a little easier, At least that is the plan.  Ha Ha, Her name is Gabriella and they are both Boston Terriers.  Good luck with that sweet toasty, he looks like a darling.  Thanx so much for sharing
Hugs Pat bear_flower

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

If I had that bundle of cuteness, I would not get bears worked on at all.  I would be spending all by time loving a puppy.  My reason for not getting any bears made is: take your choice here, moved and don't know where anything is, fell and hurt myself so that everytime I work on a bear I am in pain, lost the sparkle and went in another direction, just plain lazy.  I think the last one wins!
Beth, will I see you in Kansas City?

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, Toasty is very cute.

I have a few reasons - for the last month I have been doing a 3+ hour round trip commute, which has seriously eaten into my 'making things' time for anything.  I also tend to make bigger bears, and although they are on my website  and etsy, and I have attended several fairs, they're not selling.  I think I'm going to have to do a rethink with some smaller bears...

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

I love toasty!  What a cutie...my "take up bear time" is Jasmine.
100_04552.jpg
They really get to your heart don't they?

Bakerina78 Posts: 326

633772279750030000.jpg633771464387400000.jpgThis is my reason... when she was a baby

carly_tt.jpgcarly_tt2.jpgNow she looks like this:

carly_tt3.jpgor when I am trying to cut something from fabric.. Carley can look like this

HeidiBears florida

Awww!! Such sweet dogs!! My calico cat autumn tends to get in my lap everytime I sit down and constantly wants to be the center of attention, maybe that is why my bears take so long, and usually by the time I stand up im covered in bear hair and cat fur!  :doh:   . My German Shepherd Dante on the other hand is quite helpful, he guards the packages and makes sure they get to the car safely   bear_grin Dante_and_the_mail.jpg

HeidiBears florida

peek_a_boo_autumn.jpg

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

OOOH I am loving all the dog and kitty pics!
I still didn't get newer pics of Toasty loaded on the computer. He was nuetered two days ago and he isn't supposed to run and play rough for a week. Thats a laugh! I have had to keep a closer eye on him when he is with my other dog Wookie. As his favorite toy is Wookie whom he loves to jump on and pull on and wrestle with. I am amazed what Wookie puts up with!
I actually did get some bear work done today  bear_original
Donna, Yes I will be in Kansas City for the Teddybear Jubilee! look forward to seeing you there!
Beth

bearlady13 Posts: 177

So cute love all the pictures. Here is my two they are not spoiled much lol
I don't make as many bears as I would like. I have to take care of our yard, house, husband. I also have to take care of our neighbors yard also. My husband and my neighbor have a lot of medical problems. I also have arthirtis and back problems. I get a few bears done at the doctors waiting rooms, and at home. I sit in my easy chair with the dogs on my lap or beside me so they do not feel too left out. The little mini bears are easier to do this with then the big one.My_Babies.jpg

Board footer