Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

Hi,
I got a message this morning from one of the members here.   I remember messages like this as being a scam about 2 years ago.  Looks like Eileen's email may have been hacked.  Be sure not to send money!

I'd email her personally, but if her email's been jacked, that won't do much good.  If anyone else has a way of contacting Baird's Bears please let Eileen know!
Here's the email:

"I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,my family and i came down here to London,England for a short vacation to visit a resort and got mugged at gun point last night at the park of the hotel where we lodged.All cash,credit cards and cell were stolen off.I've been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all,our flight leaves today and I'm having problems settling the hotel bills.

The hotel manager won't let us leave until i settle the hotel bills(1,550GBP)now am freaked out.Please reply and let me if can you have the money wire to me through western union i promise to pay back as soon as i get back home.We are freaked out at the moment

Thanks

Eileen"

I'm hoping someone here will be able to contact her and let her know about this (probable) hijack.
hugs,
nancy t

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website

Hi
I just got this message as well. Eileen's Facebook is unavailable, so maybe someone has got into that.

Eileen is on the Guild of Master Bearcrafters, and I tried to contact her through that, but as I am not friends with her on there it wouldn't let me.

It definitely felt like a scam to me.

Dawn

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I have had the same e mail too....seems like a scam to me bear_sad

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I got the same email from "Eileen", also.  It is definitely a hoax . . . a few weeks ago, I got the very same worded email from a dear, life-long friend and knew it
wasn't legit.  People need better things to occupy their time. bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry

BrendaBears BrendaBears
Jackson, Wyoming
Website

I received a similar email from a friend a few months ago. I had a feeling it was spam but wanted to make sure. I didn't answer the email but gave my friend a call instead. I agree Sue Ann...people should do better things with their time.

karenaus Melbourne
Website

I got it too, and I'd say it's definitely her Facebook that's been hacked, as the address the email came to is my Facebook email address and I've never communicated with her in any way before...sneaky little  :doh:

HeidiBears florida

Yep... for sure a scam. My government teacher got the SAME exact email (he read it word for word to the class and asked us if we thought it was true or not...ironically we were discussing rights and laws dealing with computer privacy so it worked in well with the lecture  bear_grin ) the person said that they were one of his "former students." Best to just ignore it...

Gabriele~GJOYfulBears GJOYful Bears

I am on the Guild of Master Bear Crafters too I will see if I can contact her through that.... This is really awful and it's  things like this that scare me online.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Hi, just to let you all know Eileen is aware of this problem and is dealing with it.  She put out a message on Facebook yesterday.

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

I've got it too - I'm really so sad for such silly mails - more than that I don't receive any other usefuls mails, I think there is something wrong with my mailbox - I just get those silly spam-mails but nothing more - impossible, that there is nobody who really wants to be in touch with me

hey what's wrong at the moment in my life???? bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad

Conni Germany

:hug: I know this...... it also goes for me in such a way.

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

Thank you so much Pink!!!!!! Love to you and I will keep my head up - although at the moment it is very very hard for me!!!!

Board footer