Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I want to make this special.  Any suggestions on a budget?  I don't drive. :hug:  Jenn

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Do you bake Jenn?  Maybe some extra special decorated cookies???  Or his favorite dinner even though it's a pain to make? 

Guys can be so hard to do this kind of thing for... and we are so easy LOL!!  (ummm... not "easy" in the sleazy sort of way  bear_whistle  )

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Laura Lynn wrote:

not "easy" in the sleazy sort of way

Speak for yourself, lady.

bear_whistle  bear_tongue  bear_laugh  bear_original

Come to think of it...  "easy" would make a quite nice Valentine's Day gift for a man, doncha think?  And the financial cost is non-existant!!!

Cracking up here...

Jenn... on a more serious note... what about making a small scrapbook?  I'm not sure how "into" scrapbooking you are, but I'm not talking about a bound, multi-page scrapbook.  Rather, I'm talking about those little teeny special themed scrapbooks that are so popular, that you make yourself.  I've seen ones that people stick inside, say, a decorated Altoids tin.  Or, you trace around a CD onto cardstock, for a total of five or ten circles or so, and then punch holes in them and string them together like a book.  You could put photos, poems, or recollections of special times on the pages.

There are ten gajillion scrapbooking sites on the web and most of them will be chock full of ideas... and some of them even have free scrapbooking "papers" and "elements" you can download, which you can print out, or even use to create pages digitally (depending on how adept you are at using a photo editing program.)

Just a thought... in case "easy" doesn't work for you.

Still laughing...

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

LMAO Shelli!  Oh geez, you are in a silly mood on your birthday, are you hitting the bubbly extra early? he he he :hug:

I think I would probably do the baking thing… or you can go the free route like Shelli pointed out  bear_laugh

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Shelli wrote:
Laura Lynn wrote:

not "easy" in the sleazy sort of way

Speak for yourself, lady.

bear_whistle  bear_tongue  bear_laugh  bear_original

Come to think of it...  "easy" would make a quite nice Valentine's Day gift for a man, doncha think?  And the financial cost is non-existant!!!

Cracking up here...

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh   Hey, it works!!!

Ya know , you could also make up little  coupons for back rubs his fav dinner   etc......

Dilu Posts: 8,574

or foot massages

or special showers

or

Seriously Jenn, most men aren't into getting stuff.....but they love to hear that you think he is wonderful, that you appreciate that he does......that he makes you feel safe......that he is the best.....

Most men are really pretty basic....hunter gather types.....they think that working hard and bringing home whatever is their job in life....and some forget the simple things....so remind him of the simple things....why you love him....etc

and don't expect him to come up with replys for you on the spot.  Nothing makes them more tongue tied than hearing "what do you like about me...."  Stumps them every time. Don't even ask.  Remember they are from another world and don't speak femalish very well.

remember really great husbands aren't born, they are self-made....with a lot of patience and gentleness and learning thier language better than they learn ours.

Everyone needs to know they are loved and appreciated.  It is just that simple.  And if we let them know on a regular basis just how special they are, well life doesn't get any better.   bear_wub

:hug:

dilu

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

:hug: I love My hubby dearly but he hasn't been the romantic type sence the wedding so I don't expect much. lol I just wanted to make this memerable for him because I know he loves me. :hug:

Board footer