Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

PuddingBowlBears Pudding Bowl Bears
Website

DSCF3394.JPGHi there everybody!
I know these little guys aren't the best and.. I feel so shy about uploading them (it can be nerve racking uploading my amateur bears amongst all the beautiful bears), but I've been working on them all week so it'd be a shame for them not to be seen.
They're all made from one pattern but the brown and purple came out so different from one another which is good because I wanted to see if the pattern would still look good using different materials.

I have to say a massive THANK YOU to everyone here on the Teddy Talk forums, I have learned so much here. Most of my other bears up until now have been totally wall-eyed but after reading about needle sculpting eye sockets I have finally got bears that look in one direction!  :dance:

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

They are cute! They made me smile a very big smile, all making a picnic!  bear_original
This site is wonderful, full of encouraging people, very willing to share their experience, you shouldn't be shy of sharing your own experience as well....but I understand, I felt the same at the beginning! bear_original

thondra rosenheim / bayern
Website

they are cute !!
i just think, the plush you used looks rather difficult to work with ?
how big are they ?
bear_laugh

Website

Francy - Thank you bear_laugh Did you notice there is an extra tea-cup laid out for you? bear_tongue Yes, it's daunting to upload when there's so many fantastic artists here but you're right and if everyone was shy there would be no forum at all!

Pinky - Yes, you are right about the needle felted muzzle/noses, I forgot to mention that, oops! Thank you so much for your kind words! And you are definitely right about experimenting and each bear/animal I make teaches me something new!   bear_flower

Thondra - The brown plush was very difficult to work with, everything from pattern to sewing to turning... but it is lovely for scissor sculpting & trimming because it's so thick.. the purple was a dream to sew/turn etc but when I trimmed it down I was disappointed at how visible and ugly the backing is bear_sad These guys are about 14cm tall (I'm guessing.. they're downstairs and I'm typing from bed  bear_tongue ) but I will measure them properly tomorrow!

Thank you so much for the lovely comments, guys  bear_flower

thondra rosenheim / bayern
Website

14 cm ... wow thats a hard one !
and then with this thick fur ...
thumbs up for being able to do it !!!

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

These are very cute little bears enjoying their picnic!  Every time I make a bear, I always find something I wish I would have done differently/better, and I vow next bear will be perfect!  Of course, it never is and that is good!  Once you make a perfect one, where do you go from there?  You've done an excellent job, and needle felting too!!!  :hug: tc

Website

TC, I know exactly what you mean!! When I made these lil guys heads I thought.. wow these are the best bears I've ever made!! ...after I put the limbs on the body I thought... actually they're very stumpy, the arms aren't right and I wish I'd done this, this and this better! But yes the learning curve is where most of the fun is at!  bear_tongue

Board footer